Jersey Ads

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Wtf. Couldn't they put the cup patch on the shoulder/arm or something instead. They clearly didn't think this through.
Its the stanley cup patch, its always been on the front of the jersey. Jesus you guys. Its just the cup patch, not Budweiser. If you were complaining about autonation thats another story. The cup patch really isnt a big deal.

CTHabsfan

Jul 28, 2007
Its the stanley cup patch, its always been on the front of the jersey. Jesus you guys. Its just the cup patch, not Budweiser. If you were complaining about autonation thats another story. The cup patch really isnt a big deal.
I really don't think anyone is complaining about the Stanley Cup patch. The complaint is the patch being jammed up against the captain's letter due to the existence of a jersey ad.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
I continue to applaud the teams that did not get sucked in to this garbage and tarnish their jerseys all in the name of a couple extra hundred thousand or millions.

• Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5

SUX2BU

Average user of an average team
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Is that all?

1685732754912.png

Boxscore

Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
I swear to God COVID is gonna affect this league forever. No one else has to do nonsense like this
Covid was the convenient excuse -- jerseys ads were always coming. The NHL is the only pro sport in North America where the playing surface is fully littered end-to-end and top-to-bottom with intrusive ads and motion graphics on the boards and glass. The televised experience is absolutely disgraceful, and a complete joke for a top-tiered sports league.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Well we ARE complaining about Autonation. It took the place where the cup patch is supposed to go.

And Buttweiser sucks. Coors is far superior

Covid was the convenient excuse -- jerseys ads were always coming. The NHL is the only pro sport in North America where the playing surface is fully littered end-to-end and top-to-bottom with intrusive ads and motion graphics on the boards and glass. The televised experience is absolutely disgraceful, and a complete joke for a top-tiered sports league.
110% agree. The first time I saw digital ads superimposed on the end glass I nearly barfed. It's only gotten rapidly worse

Reactions: Boxscore

ACLEVERNAME

Jan 6, 2010
Just like Tim's 'Roll up the Rim' personal info vampire app and my company ousting the one-a-day free vending machine in the lunchroom. "It's to dangerous to press 2 buttons on the candy machine that's 20 feet from the single 10-digit employee# + finger scan punch clock that's still mandatory 4 times a day." 'Convenient exucuse' is exactly it. People got scared and the rich just got richer. Disgusting. Yes, I'm mad.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
I’ll file this under “things I don’t give a crap about.” The League lost money during Covid, ads are a way to make some of it back, it’s something we have to live with. Panthers ownership paid all their employees during the lockdown, if I have to see the Cup patch hug the captain patches on 3 jerseys, I’ll live with it.

In the grand scheme, they’re in the Finals, they did right during the pandemic, and this postseason has been amazing.

Soooo, who cares.

It’s fine that you don’t care, but you should acknowledge that others do and think it looks terrible. Like, no one is gonna say it looks good, no one is gonna say it’s better this way- responses will vary between not caring and thinking it looks bad.

Putting myself in a casual fans shoes, I’d wonder why the f*** that side of the jersey is so busy, and when it’s explained I’d wonder why the cup got moved over for a f***ing minuscule ad. It makes me think less of the league, it is an embarrassing distraction to some of us. Add to that the boards moving, the refs sucking, and it’s just a lack of attention to detail- the league itself is sloppy, so while you don’t care about this one thing it’s still on the bad side when you consider others’ reactions.

Reactions: AzHawk

ACLEVERNAME

Jan 6, 2010
Poopoo. But that's 'progress.' That's the price we pay to move 'forward' in society. Dont think this wasnt planned/designed on purpose. With a certain outcome in mind. Give it a thought.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
It’s fine that you don’t care, but you should acknowledge that others do and think it looks terrible. Like, no one is gonna say it looks good, no one is gonna say it’s better this way- responses will vary between not caring and thinking it looks bad.

Putting myself in a casual fans shoes, I’d wonder why the f*** that side of the jersey is so busy, and when it’s explained I’d wonder why the cup got moved over for a f***ing minuscule ad. It makes me think less of the league, it is an embarrassing distraction to some of us. Add to that the boards moving, the refs sucking, and it’s just a lack of attention to detail- the league itself is sloppy, so while you don’t care about this one thing it’s still on the bad side when you consider others’ reactions.
I don’t think casual fans care. I’ve never heard a casual fan bring ads up.

I just think hockey fans look for reasons to complain about the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad