Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman: VII - As featured in Episode 3 of Amazon's "FACEOFF: Inside the NHL

How does this saga end?

• Bridge deal

Votes: 57 20.6%
  • Long term deal

Votes: 77 27.8%
  • Trade

Votes: 143 51.6%

• Total voters

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
One could make the argument that we're beating a dead horse here.

So be it. Discuss, if you so choose. We'll keep all the Swayman talk contained to this thread.

If you have nothing meaningful to contribute to the conversation, move along.

We will not have this devolve into thread hijacking and flaming of other posters.

@Gee Wally

We have numerous deletions and more in here. We know tension and emotions are high.
But you folks must simply stop taking personal shots at each. Stay to topic.

If not we will be left with no choice other than adding thread bans.

Last edited:

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Breaking down sways year outside the Toronto series

March 2.70 GAA
February 3.40 GAA
January. 2.46 GAA
December 2.30 GAA
November 2.66 GAA
Oct. 1.66 GAA

Bruins have cause to offer what they did

Ullmark
March 2.29
February 2.46
Jan. 2.67
December 3.09
Nov. 3.44
Oct. 1.77

Nothing there really screams pay either goalie top dollar, rasks numbers were far more impressive

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
That round…you know…the one…could be sign of future great rounds or could be an anomaly. Which is kind the point here.

Sway trying to capitalize on a small sample size and Ullmark’s exit.

Bruins trying to be cautious and not screw the team long term with a short sighted deal for a goalie not yet proven to be “the guy”.

I know you’re a Swayman fan but there’s two sides to this.
Well I look at it differently. first go around was vs the Hurricanes, as a 7 seed and he went 3-2 in a very good first playoff

Second go around thrust into a game 7, winning it for 59 plus minutes until an unfortunate tip by his own player

Last year first round for the ages. Uneven series vs Fla, still lead the league in sv ptg in the playoffs.

You say capitalize I say trying to get his worth. Bruins could have tried in earnest to get a deal done before Ullmark, Sway too. Didn't happen,

To me, you lock up your core pieces even if you have to overpay a bit. Reports were that Pasta pushed the Bruins further than they wanted to go. McAvoy took top dollar. Swayman should be up in the 8's as well

As far as two sides, there is one side to me, putting the best team you can on the ice to win the Cup. Swayman does that. If the Bruins were at 7.8, does 8.8 really matter? Again overpayment yes, but fans should want the best team. If the Bruins feel that one mil will is too much in a cap world well I'm sorry you are building a team wrong then. You trim around the other areas like bottom 6 and bottom pair D.

March 2.70 GAA
February 3.40 GAA
January. 2.46 GAA
December 2.30 GAA
November 2.66 GAA
Oct. 1.66 GAA

Ullmark
March 2.29
February 2.46
Jan. 2.67
December 3.09
Nov. 3.44
Oct. 1.77

Nothing there really screams pay either goalie top dollar, rasks numbers were far more impressive
now do the play-offs when it REALLY matters?

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Well I look at it differently. first go around was vs the Hurricanes, as a 7 seed and he went 3-2 in a very good first playoff

Second go around thrust into a game 7, winning it for 59 plus minutes until an unfortunate tip by his own player

Last year first round for the ages. Uneven series vs Fla, still lead the league in sv ptg in the playoffs.

You say capitalize I say trying to get his worth. Bruins could have tried in earnest to get a deal done before Ullmark, Sway too. Didn't happen,

To me, you lock up your core pieces even if you have to overpay a bit. Reports were that Pasta pushed the Bruins further than they wanted to go. McAvoy took top dollar. Swayman should be up in the 8's as well. Florida

As far as two sides, there is one side to me, putting the best team you can on the ice to win the Cup. Swayman does that. If the Bruins were at 7.8, does 8.8 really matter? Again overpayment yes, but fans should want the best team. If the Bruins feel that one mil will is too much in a cap world well I'm sorry you are building a team wrong then. You trim around the other areas like bottom 6 and bottom pair D.

now do the play-offs when it REALLY matters?
Like I said he had a great round vs Toronto who's really only won a rd in recent history but Florida gave up 3 or more goals in 3 games.

Goalies can get hot or be serviceable. Look at the cups by Colorado St Louis Vegas Pittsburgh and Chicago. Many times it's the team in front of you

I also noticed you discounted 6 months of stats to prop up a series vs Toronto

Montreal payed top dollar for Price. Put them in cap jail for years. Never took the Habs anywhere relevant

Last edited:

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH

March 2.70 GAA
February 3.40 GAA
January. 2.46 GAA
December 2.30 GAA
November 2.66 GAA
Oct. 1.66 GAA

Ullmark
March 2.29
February 2.46
Jan. 2.67
December 3.09
Nov. 3.44
Oct. 1.77

Post All Star Game, Swayman was below average. This has been my argument in previous posts, that he hasn't endured a slump as the #1, with all the pressure that comes with it. Yes, he rebounded nicely, but he certainly did not include "comps" of other goalies with a 2-month slump in his salary equation. Linus carried us down the stretch.

Great stats.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Wow shows how bad the bruins screwed Swayman over last season. Guy has 36 games and made almost as much as Swayman last year. Swayman easily gets 8.5-9 now I hope Lewis gross missed that signing like I did.
You just asked for playoffs "when it REALLY matters" - apparently it doesn't "REALLY matter" all that much to you after all.

FWIW he made 1/5 of what Swayman did last year. Even after Sway had to suffer the insulting arbitration process and contract.

Last edited:

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Post All Star Game, Swayman was below average. This has been my argument in previous posts, that he hasn't endured a slump as the #1, with all the pressure that comes with it. Yes, he rebounded nicely, but he certainly did not include "comps" of other goalies with a 2-month slump in his salary equation. Linus carried us down the stretch.

Great stats.

Would it be wrong to post these numbers at an arbitration hearing or just business

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

March 2.70 GAA
February 3.40 GAA
January. 2.46 GAA
December 2.30 GAA
November 2.66 GAA
Oct. 1.66 GAA

Ullmark
March 2.29
February 2.46
Jan. 2.67
December 3.09
Nov. 3.44
Oct. 1.77

Elias Lindholm pts per game by month last year
.75 (4 games)

.58 on the year

Nothing really screams 7 x 7.75

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
You just asked for playoffs "when it REALLY matters" - apparently it doesn't "REALLY matter" all that much to you after all.
Usually, a team uses the regular season stats to decide who will be the playoff horse. In this case we expected the rotation. Much like the year before when they did not use the rotation (Sweeney argument about not being to trust Sway in the POs??), expect the unexpected with the B's MGMT. Just cuz they say sumpin'!:huh:

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
An agent that leaks stuff to the media about other players? Sounds like a totally sus guy
I've said it before, if I were a player, Lewis Gross is the type of agent I would want to negotiate for me. I just wouldn't want Lewis Gross.

Agents are supposed to be a one stop shop these days. Handling everything from contract negotiations to investment planning to getting a player endorsement deals.

He can negotiate my contract any time. I don't think he rates very highly in the other responsibilities.

Reactions: Dr Quincy

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Usually, a team uses the regular season stats to decide who will be the playoff horse. In this case we expected the rotation. Much like the year before when they did not use the rotation (Sweeney argument about not being to trust Sway in the POs??), expect the unexpected with the B's MGMT. Just cuz they say sumpin'!:huh:
They gave each guy a start and then kept the guy who had the better start.

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
The way I look at it is a Bruins goalie has to be actively aware about 26 minutes a game when the puck is in their own zone (5v5 and PK combined). If a #1 goalie plays 55 games then the TOI (awareness required in their own zone) is about 17.5 minutes averaged over 82 games (which again the #1 only plays 55). I ain't paying much over $8M for a split time position amounting to 17.5 minutes of actual playing time (rated over 82 games) regardless. This is one of the reasons why high end forwards and D get paid more than high(er) end goalies.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
I've said it before, if I were a player, Lewis Gross is the type of agent I would want to negotiate for me. I just wouldn't want Lewis Gross.

Agents are supposed to be a one stop shop these days. Handling everything from contract negotiations to investment planning to getting a player endorsement deals.

He can negotiate my contract any time. I don't think he rates very highly in the other responsibilities.
what do you make of all these "fans" being so nasty and disparaging to Swayman for a contrct negotiation?

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Eh, at least they're playing the same position, same age and same contract status.
Sure if that's the point you were talking about.

But if you are talking about what is a bad contract on the Bruins, Swayman at 8 or 8.5 or somebody else, then it totally makes sense to talk about someone signed by the Bruins this same offseason and who plays for the same team.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Elias Lindholm pts per game by month last year
.75 (4 games)

.58 on the year

Nothing really screams 7 x 7.75

Not sure why we are debating centers but this player should see his number elevated with a 60 goal winger to play with. Nylander too is close to a 100 point player. A goalie with 25 wins and 1 rd to his belt has no relevance to these positional players

Reactions: YukonCornelius

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Sure if that's the point you were talking about.

But if you are talking about what is a bad contract on the Bruins, Swayman at 8 or 8.5 or somebody else, then it totally makes sense to talk about someone signed by the Bruins this same offseason and who plays for the same team.
for some reason the "fans" here don't care about overspending on the Lindholms, Zadorovs and Korpisalos of the world but want the franchise goalie to take less than he wants because he's an RFA.

Reactions: Dr Quincy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad