Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman: VII - As featured in Episode 3 of Amazon's "FACEOFF: Inside the NHL

How does this saga end?

• Bridge deal

Votes: 57 20.6%
  • Long term deal

Votes: 77 27.8%
  • Trade

Votes: 143 51.6%

• Total voters

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
One could make the argument that we're beating a dead horse here.

So be it. Discuss, if you so choose. We'll keep all the Swayman talk contained to this thread.

If you have nothing meaningful to contribute to the conversation, move along.

We will not have this devolve into thread hijacking and flaming of other posters.

@Gee Wally

We have numerous deletions and more in here. We know tension and emotions are high.
But you folks must simply stop taking personal shots at each. Stay to topic.

If not we will be left with no choice other than adding thread bans.

Last edited:

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Less than he wants! The horror!
that's for he and the GM to work out. You as a fan should want your stud goalie in here at whatever cost, but now all of a sudden fans are GM's now. They offered 7.8, if they go 8.8 how the **** does that matter long term? One less buyout per season? One less overpriced back up goalie? an extra million to Swayman would be 1% of next years cap. Ridiculous.

Well the numbers posted earlier don't scream franchise goalie. Could be, but the resume and stats don't say top dollar franchise goalie.
I mean the Bruins are offering him 8 years so they would seem to agree with me.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
that's for he and the GM to work out. You as a fan should want your stud goalie in here at whatever cost, but now all of a sudden fans are GM's now. They offered 7.8, if they go 8.8 how the **** does that matter long term? One less buyout per season? One less overpriced back up goalie? an extra million to Swayman would be 1% of next years cap. Ridiculous.

There you go with a motte and Bailey again

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
They gave each guy a start and then kept the guy who had the better start.
Better start is relative between all the games of the series, where the game to game performance was pretty dynamically different(out shooting vs outshot). Hence going 7 games. There is no reason to believe Linus would not have played well in any additional game considering his March and April. Yes, Sway kept them in games, but he also lost 3 games, some badly (team sport right)

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

I don't like the term bc you never know if that contract could hamper an emerging goalie in the Bruins system, goalies can have few good years and fall off a cliff in many cases and you're stuck with their cap hit. Whatever happened to goalies like Murray in Pitt

Reactions: SwayHeyKid

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
That round…you know…the one…could be sign of future great rounds or could be an anomaly. Which is kind the point here.

Sway trying to capitalize on a small sample size and Ullmark’s exit.

Bruins trying to be cautious and not screw the team long term with a short sighted deal for a goalie not yet proven to be “the guy”.

I know you’re a Swayman fan but there’s two sides to this.
Swayman has a winning record against Carolina and Toronto and a losing record against Florida (who only Vegas has beaten Florida last two years). His goals against versus Carolina were 2,2,4,2,3 and Toronto 1,3,2,1,2,2,1 (OT). Against Florida last year he gave up 1, 4, 5, 3,1,2 goals. Certainly can be said good enough to force a G7. So in 3 series where he played minimum 5 games of the series he has given up 1 goal FIVE TIMES, 2 goals SEVEN TIMES.

Vasi last two years gave up 3,7,4 (OT),5 (OT),2,2 (OT) and against FLA 3,3,4,3,4 (OT).

So Vasi gave up 1 goal ZERO TIMES. 2 goals 2 TWO TIMES.

Pretty significant difference in favor of Swayman. Just taking Carolina and Florida Swayman has given up 1 goal TWO TIMES and 2 GOALS 4 TIMES.

So Swayman outperformed the great Vasi significantly.
Funny he had the best playoff round since Rask in 2013. Big time fetal position. Why don’t you try to make actual points instead of your hard guy “fetal position” baby stuff
People want to question Swayman as "The Man" all year? They really want to go with Korpisalo all year as "The Man"?

Reactions: Carbonated Puck

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
for some reason the "fans" here don't care about overspending on the Lindholms, Zadorovs and Korpisalos of the world but want the franchise goalie to take less than he wants because he's an RFA.

So in your opinion, what is Lindholm & Zadorov worth?

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
I don't like the term bc you never know if that contract could hamper an emerging goalie in the Bruins system, goalies can have few good years and fall off a cliff in many cases and you're stuck with their cap hit. Whatever happened to goalies like Murray in Pitt
Relief pitcher syndrome - how many, non closers are good year to year after too many innings

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Are you kidding?

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Swayman has a winning record against Carolina and Toronto and a losing record against Florida (who only Vegas has beaten Florida last two years). His goals against versus Carolina were 2,2,4,2,3 and Toronto 1,3,2,1,2,2,1 (OT). Against Florida last year he gave up 1, 4, 5, 3,1,2 goals. Certainly can be said good enough to force a G7. So in 3 series where he played minimum 5 games of the series he has given up 1 goal FIVE TIMES, 2 goals SEVEN TIMES.

Vasi last two years gave up 3,7,4 (OT),5 (OT),2,2 (OT) and against FLA 3,3,4,3,4 (OT).

So Vasi gave up 1 goal ZERO TIMES. 2 goals 2 TWO TIMES.

Pretty significant difference in favor of Swayman. Just taking Carolina and Florida Swayman has given up 1 goal TWO TIMES and 2 GOALS 4 TIMES.

So Swayman outperformed Casi significantl.
Well, anyone and everyone, knows Vasi's been ridden hard and put away wet. That's why 45 games is a great number for the regular season. Plus Vasi is 2 years removed from surgery. He may be cooked.
Plus TB D has taken cap hits for the last 2-3 years.(team game)

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
yeah sorry to make good points. Guessing regardless what happens you'll be wearing your Bruins polo making excuses like always, or just not posting.
What’s a million here and a million there? If the player wants it and it makes him happy we should always give it to him. We should do it for Frederic, and Lohrei, and Poitras when they come up because they’re important pieces. Geekie gets 20 this year - should give him what he wants. It’s only $1M.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
He had 1 3rd place Vezina vote over those 2 years, stud in the making, not stud yet. Let him play 55 games and survive another 15-20 of PO hockey.

What’s a million here and a million there? If the player wants it and it makes him happy we should always give it to him. We should do it for Frederic, and Lohrei, and Poitras when they come up because they’re important pieces. Geekie gets 20 this year - should give him what he wants. It’s only $1M.
I think we should have you balance the cap to field a complete team...LOL

Reactions: Over the volcano

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Funny he had the best playoff round since Rask in 2013. Big time fetal position. Why don’t you try to make actual points instead of your hard guy “fetal position” baby stuff
What I said let see how he handles it when times are tough and the fans turn on him, don't bring up one freakn game, there a lot of players that perform well when everything is going well, they are called front runners, bit I bet you know all about that soft guy.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Still can't believe a player with little resume and basically flexing that Toronto win doenst take that 60 mill and cash in. Know when to hold them and fold them. That's generational wealth. If he's traded and spits the bit that number goes away

Reactions: badbrewin

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Yeah whatever. None of those guys are lock up at any cost but guessing you stare at that 8x10 glossy of Donnie too much?

Two of your three core guys locked up for a long time. Get the third in

• Haha
Reactions: SonnyBoy

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Well, anyone and everyone, knows Vasi's been ridden hard and put away wet. That's why 45 games is a great number for the regular season. Plus Vasi is 2 years removed from surgery. He may be cooked.
Plus TB D has taken cap hits for the last 2-3 years.(team game)
How many people were just saying they still take Vasi over Swayman just yesterday for a series right now? Some well thought of posters.

Incidentally those 1 Goal games and 2 Goal game numbers by Swayman against Carolina especially and Florida last year were not with great Boston teams.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
How many people were just saying they still take Vasi over Swayman just yesterday for a series right now? Some well thought of posters.

Incidentally those 1 Goal games and 2 Goal game numbers by Swayman against Carolina especially and Florida last year were not with great Boston teams.

Would take vasi all day in front of that bruins D.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Still can't believe a player with little resume and basically flexing that Toronto win doenst take that 60 mill and cash in. Know when to hold them and fold them. That's generational wealth. If he's traded and spits the bit that number goes away
This is fair. It’s your opinion and you’re not trashing the guy for trying to get what he feels he’s worth

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Yeah whatever. None of those guys are lock up at any cost but guessing you stare at that 8x10 glossy of Donnie too much?

Two of your three core guys locked up for a long time. Get the third in
Wait…if Poitras and Lohrei have great years and look like the future cornerstones they could be, shouldn’t we give them what they want? Or is all this huffing and puffing just about one player?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad