Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman: VII- As featured in Episode 3 of Amazon's "FACEOFF: Inside the NHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How does this saga end?

• Bridge deal

Votes: 53 21.0%
  • Long term deal

Votes: 68 27.0%
  • Trade

Votes: 131 52.0%

• Total voters

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
One could make the argument that we're beating a dead horse here.

So be it. Discuss, if you so choose. We'll keep all the Swayman talk contained to this thread.

If you have nothing meaningful to contribute to the conversation, move along.

We will not have this devolve into thread hijacking and flaming of other posters.

@Gee Wally

We have numerous deletions and more in here. We know tension and emotions are high.
But you folks must simply stop taking personal shots at each. Stay to topic.

If not we will be left with no choice other than adding thread bans.

Last edited:

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
They tried thst the last two years .....didn't happen.
23....Lost game 7 and out.
24....Lost game 6 game and out.

Swaymans good , but this ain't 2020 Vasilevskiy were talking about here.
They should get a refund on Pasta and McAvoy. $20m combined. They're good but we aren't talking about Forsling and Tkachuk here.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
They should trade him and go with Korpi for the year. Goalie Bob can make him just as good as Swayman at 1/3 the price. Do it Donnie!
If Goalie Bob ends up getting Korpi & Buss off to a good start I’m coming over your house trick or treating in a Goalie Bob Sorcerer costume

I can see the new puppy

• Haha
Reactions: Bodit9

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Absolutely and it would go over here like hot cakes. All he has to say is "They didn't accept our 'offer', so that's no longer on the table." You are telling me that wouldn't be applauded by fans (based on the reactions of people here)?

If it was me, I'd sign my young franchise goalie and try to get out of the 2nd round of the playoffs.

That's just me though.

If that happens, if they haven't already, I can see Cam telling the Behind the B production team to roll out the footage if he feels that strongly about the BS. I can see him being that petty about it. What I can't see is the Bruins dropping the offer and dropping back to under 8, especially if Gross and Swayman are working on the particulars based on those numbers right now. It's pretty clear that if they don't reach an agreement, Camp Swayman is simply refusing to compromise and see reason.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Many of us are not backers of Sweeney, maybe we are just calling it the way we see it.
He’s like the candy that’s hard on the outside but soft on the inside

Donny’s warmth hopefully gets Sway to sign assuming Cam said in arbitration he basically sucks and it wasn’t Donny

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
100%, based on their history and the numbers that have been made public. Don Sweeney should know being antagonistic with a core member and future piece should be seen as unwise.

Name another "core member and future piece" Sweeney was "antagonistic" with?

Reactions: Bodit9 and BMC

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Vasi signed his 8yr/$9.5 million deal July 2019....he had yet to make a SCF and had only backstopped TBL past the first round one time.
He also played: 50, 65, 53 games the 3 previous seasons not 44, 37, 44.

Vasi won a vezina and was #3 in voting the year prior.

What accolades are we pumping for Swayman before an $8M offer? A good playoff series?

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
They should get a refund on Pasta and McAvoy. $20m combined. They're good but we aren't talking about Forsling and Tkachuk here.
Wrong - Pasta is a top 5 forward the only 60 goal winger since OV did it what 16 years ago?
McAvoy - over paid. I agree .

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Hopefully Team Sway reads this place. Real world he has very little support.

Never thought I’d hear so much pro Sweeney especially on the radio

It's fascinating seeing Felger be so pro Bruin. You know somewhere it's eating him up just a little bit because right now, he sounds like Cam's mouthpiece.

Reactions: PlayMakers

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Don has had it very very easy in that regard

Yeah, Pasta, McAvoy, Marchand, Bergeron, etc. either took a hometown discount, or got paid what they are actually worth, and didn't whine about the process to the press. Very, very easy indeed.

Which is why you claiming Sweeney has a history of being antagonistic towards core players is absurd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad