2024/2025 Around the League

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
You guys are going to sit there and tell me whith a straight face that if Nuke was on Vegas his contract wouldn't already be terminated?
It would be terminated in November when he’s out of the program.

So, when Nuke gets caught next time, this is what could happen as the dam has been broken?

I don't like this ruling. Some teams will surely exploit this.
Doubtful as his will be a different situation. He goes back into the program and has to be reinstated prior to a one sided termination. Both side could mutually agree prior, and depending on timing, I could see that.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
You guys are going to sit there and tell me whith a straight face that if Nuke was on Vegas his contract wouldn't already be terminated?

Yes. If Nuke was with Vegas, we never would have heard about his issues to begin with. He'd just be dominating Dennis Rodman style, and the Knights would sweep every indiscretion under the rug.

In fact, they're probably salivating at the chance to still do this, if his contract is terminated.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

lol "stop f***ing crying bro."

Their stars are just too soft and spoiled, especially Marner, and the team and city turning them into mythological figures before they ever did anything, just made them more entitled. They should have had to earn it more.

I knew this was going to be a problem when I saw that ad a years back that they used to run every commercial break on center ice (iirc) where Marner and Matthews were just gallivanting around town like hipsters, and then treating practice like a stylized Mighty Ducks movie.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Their stars are just too soft and spoiled
That's unfair. Nylander is fine. Matthews is not bad, but could be better. We don't know what he's like behind the scenes, but he sure is not MacKinnon (tbf, no one is lol).

Marner is an issue. He just lights a f***ing fire basically every third time he speaks to the media, and doesn't really help that he's the actual Toronto boy who would most likely want to remain with the team.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
That's unfair. Nylander is fine. Matthews is not bad, but could be better. We don't know what he's like behind the scenes, but he sure is not MacKinnon (tbf, no one is lol).

Marner is an issue. He just lights a f***ing fire basically every third time he speaks to the media, and doesn't really help that he's the actual Toronto boy who would most likely want to remain with the team.

Maybe it wasn't clear, but I wasn't referring to Nylander with that, since he's the one calling out Marner, and he's been their only consistent contributor in the playoffs.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Maybe it wasn't clear, but I wasn't referring to Nylander with that, since he's the one calling out Marner, and he's been their only consistent contributor in the playoffs.
When you say "stars", you imply all of them. Nylander is going to be the 2nd highest paid player on the team this season.

Just single out Marner (and Matthews if you like), it's not that hard when we are talking about a handful of players lol.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The Leafs failures were compounded in a number of ways. I'd sum them up as such:

1. Deciding that Rielly was a legit #1 (he isn't even close) and then compounding that issue by getting rid of any other decent puckmovers on the blueline.

2. Signing Tavares to a deal that got, at best, two prime years out of him.

3. Signing him to that deal at the exact same time their three most important core players were up for contracts.

4. Not firing Mike Babcock the very moment he pulled that shit with Marner.

5. Not getting good enough goaltending.

The rest basically comes down to them chipping away at their identity (which Treliving continues to do) until they were a big slow collection of grinders outside of the "Core Four." I think they could have been successful even with Marner, of whom I'm not a big fan, but they just went about it in all the wrong ways.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Seems pretty clear really... Lehner violated his contract where Vegas had grounds to terminate. So Vegas moved to terminate. The NHLPA wanting to avoid a termination and precedent, negotiated where Vegas simply offered up to pay the full amount... just not have it count against the cap. Then NHL and NHLPA agreed it would count as part of the 50% players' share. A series of steps, but not all that complex.

This (and RyJo) goes to show that contracts can be terminated for even pretty minor things. Whether that holds up or how it is negotiated is the real question.
How is Nukes contract not terminated then? Makes no sense. Doing coke and getting caught with hookers can't be good. That must be a breach of contract .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad