Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman -VI President Cam Speaks: Monty, Donny, & Charlie too!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Mod edit: @smithformeragent

As this situation continues to drag on:

Please keep the conversation pertinent to the topic and avoid making it personal.

Debate about the management of the salary cap and the performance of the general manager fits into the context of the conversation, but we’ll avoid dividing fans into camps like “pro-player” and “team apologist”.

Thanks!

Continue if you must. No flaming!

Last edited by a moderator:

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
You mean when he's been asked by the media during interviews about it? Let's not act like Swayman has been seeking out the media to make comments. A good chunk of the comments came from when he went to the all-star game and was asked about going from arbitration to being named an all-star and how that made him feel.
yeah he responds. Everyone likes honesty I guess only when it comes from the buffoons in suits that run the team.

Last edited:

8thRoundPick

Sep 19, 2007
Sudbury
I'm of the mind that the pressure has been turned up, but that both sides are still going to get a deal done and we'll all be happy to move on from this. 100% do not believe they will trade him, he is going to be the Bruins starter for years to come. Sway has alluded to it multiple times, it's just business. Once the business is done, they'll shake hands and get back to work.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
You mean when he's been asked by the media during interviews about it? Let's not act like Swayman has been seeking out the media to make comments. A good chunk of the comments came from when he went to the all-star game and was asked about going from arbitration to being named an all-star and how that made him feel.
He may have been asked but he sure the hell didn't need to provide every detail. He could have simply said it was a hard but enlightening process and one I'd never like to experience agai. Instead he left the door open for more questions to be asked and him further airing out his dirty laundry. He handled it poorly and I've stated that from day 1.

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
Good for them honestly. Feels like his agent is making this like pulling teeth.

For Swayman’s sake I hope this gets settled soon, because if he holds out, signs, and then plays like shit because he isn’t up to speed. It’s going to be bad for him in Boston.

This fan base will make it hell. His agent is doing him a major disservice.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Gotta ask the question, is it possible that Swayman has no clue that they offered him this?
Saw a similar discussion on Twitter. Knowing his agent, its definitely possible, but unlikely that he’d have no idea. I do hope that he’s not aware of and turned down an 8x8.

Don and Cam are either banking on the fact that he’s in the dark / been fed half truths and he puts an end to it, or they’re done with the antics and have made their best deal. I also wonder if / how much of the “fake news” is coming from his agent.

Reactions: JAD and Alicat

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Do we even know if 8x8 was offered to swayman in order for him to have the chance to sign it?
EF said the Bruins went up "a bit" so if that was the offer it hasn't been around long I would imagine. Neely says Swayman wants to be a Bruins but maybe he only wants to be one for 3-4 years then re-evaluate? Who knows.

• Haha
Reactions: Carl Hungus

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
You can't honestly think that Neely isn't a complete idiot for what he did can you?

They are saying we will sign him but he's a greedy prick. Guarantee you Sweeney is livid. You don't try to turn the fans against your 25 year future franchise goalie. He's a moron.
This is certainly a take lol. I love what Neely did. Swayman's got his head so far up his own rectum that he won't be able to hear what the fans think. He can only blame himself if the fans turn on him for being a greedy diva.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Good for them honestly. Feels like his agent is making this like pulling teeth.

For Swayman’s sake I hope this gets settled soon, because if he holds out, signs, and then plays like shit because he isn’t up to speed. It’s going to be bad for him in Boston.

This fan base will make it hell. His agent is doing him a major disservice.
Toronto was pissed when the Nylander negotiations went into November. Add in that Gross was Krug's agent when the Bruins yanked that offer from them. The more that comes out makes me think that this may be an agent issue but Swayman is also accountable since the agent ultimately works for him.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
You still thik 8x8 is not a good contract. Whats your number.
No I do think it is. It's a very good offer. Maybe it's term? I have no idea what term or number Swayman is truly looking for. I watched Neely and Sweeney lie through their teeth about Mitchell Miller, I certanly am not going to take what one of them has to say as gospel.

• Haha
Reactions: bruinsfan1968

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Id say he most likely torpedoed his own career.
spot on Wally, Sway hasn`t always helped his situation. Complained about hurt feelings after his arbitration scenario a while ago like he`s the first player/goalie to ever go to arb. I`m a couch potato fan, haven`t got the chops to manage the shoe department at WalMart let alone a NHL team but even I know those arb sessions are often brutal but Sway has held onto that resentment for a while now

I don`t agree with Cam much but I loved that comment today, just a beauty

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Interesting dynamic. The people that have been crying about swayman using the media to get his point across are now thrilled with Neely using the media to get the bruins point across.

Can’t have it both ways

• Haha
Reactions: goldenblack

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Interesting dynamic. The people that have been crying about swayman using the media to get his point across are now thrilled with Neely using the media to get the bruins point across.

Can’t have it both ways
Amazing you don’t see the difference here.

Either he decides to accept the 64M or they start talking shorter term. If he thinks he’s a top 3 or 5 goalie he bets on himself. So go 2 or 3 years at 7 to 8.
The Bruins aren’t going to do less than 4 Wally. That would be inexcusable asset management.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
No I do think it is. It's a very good offer. Maybe it's term? I have no idea what term or number Swayman is truly looking for. I watched Neely and Sweeney lie through their teeth about Mitchell Miller, I certanly am not going to take what one of them has to say as gospel.
You want them to sign him to a higher number do we can be like the Leafs. Just sign to whatever number players want. They have to be smart with cap$$.

Reactions: Bodit9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad