Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman -V - all still silent

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
I really appreciated William Nylander sticking to his principles when he held out as an RFA for the sake of future young centers in the league. Selfless stuff that was.
I think you're being sarcastic but Nylander was a winger at the time. Yes, they're trying him out at center this year but too early to know if he stays in that position.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Lindholm no doubt in my mind, Zadorov, money doesn't bother me as much as maybe the years, Peeke was a need at the time when the deal was made, it is only for two years and he is 26 ........Lindholm is really scary and I do not want to add to my anxiety buy signing Swayman for more.

Why make the same mistake twice, just maybe if they did not pay Rask that contract they might have some leftover to give Krecji a RW, coincidence that are looking for a RW now.
Rask also had some serious compete issues following losing to Corey Crawford and that scumbag franchise.

He refused to play in a do or die regular season finale because he had a stomach ache and the runs. What would that have been the second or third year of his big deal? Swayman wants to do podcasts and be a businessman more than fight for a Cup and a Vezina.

Reactions: nORRis8 and Gordoff

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Rask also had some serious compete issues following losing to Corey Crawford and that scumbag franchise.

He refused to play in a do or die regular season finale because he had a stomach ache and the runs. What would that have been the second or third year of his big deal? Swayman wants to do podcasts and be a businessman more than fight for a Cup and a Vezina.
Or he wants to be compensated fairly, but if that’s your stance I don’t think there’s any way to convince you otherwise

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Or he wants to be compensated fairly, but if that’s your stance I don’t think there’s any way to convince you otherwise
What’s not fair? We don’t trade Ullmark if we don’t think Swayman will sign. The team did right by him and made him the uncontested #1 and he decides to hold out and go on podcasts mouthing off about resetting the market for goalies. His agent probably upped the price after the trade.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
What’s not fair? We don’t trade Ullmark if we don’t think Swayman will sign. The team did right by him and made him the uncontested #1 and he decides to hold out and go on podcasts mouthing off about resetting the market for goalies. His agent probably upped the price after the trade.
That's exactly how I see it too. I think Sweeney went to Swayman and they talked last year and Jeremy said he loved it in Boston, wanted to be a lifer and wanted to be #1. Sweeney went with that commitment and moved Ullmark. Then Swayman either turned on him or listened to his greedy agent and they started digging in and leveraging the situation assuming Sweeney would have no choice. Sweeney took this as a betrayal (magnified by the public comments Swayman made) and he, along with the people above him felt betrayed and as history shows when that happens they dig in and are even angry and vindictive. I wouldn't be surprised if they then offered less and less term taking an earlier offer off the table.
Bruins culture is a team of unity, but they never let anybody stand above all that. It's just not how they operate. If Swayman doesn't come around I wouldn't be surprised if he's traded before December, and probably to a bottom feeder like Anaheim.
It's not what I want to have happen, but at this point the only way out may be for Swayman to fire his agent, put the blame on him and start over. That might get management to yield a little.

I could be wrong. It's just speculation.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014

As his agent should.

That's exactly how I see it too. I think Sweeney went to Swayman and they talked last year and Jeremy said he loved it in Boston, wanted to be a lifer and wanted to be #1. Sweeney went with that commitment and moved Ullmark. Then Swayman either turned on him or listened to his greedy agent and they started digging in and leveraging the situation assuming Sweeney would have no choice. Sweeney took this as a betrayal (magnified by the public comments Swayman made) and he, along with the people above him felt betrayed and as history shows when that happens they dig in and are even angry and vindictive. I wouldn't be surprised if they then offered less and less term taking an earlier offer off the table.
Bruins culture is a team of unity, but they never let anybody stand above all that. It's just not how they operate. If Swayman doesn't come around I wouldn't be surprised if he's traded before December, and probably to a bottom feeder like Anaheim.
It's not what I want to have happen, but at this point the only way out may be for Swayman to fire his agent, put the blame on him and start over. That might get management to yield a little.

The amount of spinning going on here is hilarious. Don’s going to need to refresh his resume if he plans on a Korpi Bussi pairing because he has to show Swayman who is boss

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018

Full disclosure I am not a big Rask fan, on or off ice, and you do bring up some interesting points about him.

bruinsfan1968

Make America United Again! Save our Democracy!
May 6, 2019

I was actually thinking something like that as well.

• Haha
Reactions: Pia8988

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

Or Sweeney was very desperate to get a #1 back in this year draft so he traded Ullmark without locking up Swayman first. There were only a few teams that were in on Ullmark and Sweeney knew the draft is when teams have the most flexibility to make deals.

Swayman didn't mouth off about anything nor did he say he was going to reset the market. I see a lot of fans taking his words and twisting them in order to fit their narrative that Swayman is the bad guy here.

Its amazing how just 3-4 months ago Bruins fan were talking about how he's the future of the team between the pipes, a core guy, future Vezina winner......and now he's treated like the spawn of Satan because he wants to be paid like a top end goalie.

Therewolf31

Jul 24, 2024

So what is Swayman's status (RFA,UFA) if he's not signed by Dec 1st?

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
You’re assuming an awful lot here.

He’s holding out as much as Sweeney hasn’t offered him a contract.

Not ruining does not equal resetting

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Wouldn't surprise me Korpi becomes a wall here. I took him late in my fantasy hockey draft. Not worried about goalie situation . Let this play out I have faith in Donny maestro.
Well, I hope Korpisalo helps your season. Korpisalo, will hopefully benefit from a stronger defense in front of that should be much better than what he had in Ottawa, Swayman on the other hand should he traded might not be so fortunate, and that will not help his negotiations in the future. Swayman might have been better with a smaller piece of the pie and maybe would have been just has full in the long haul.

bruinsfan1968

Make America United Again! Save our Democracy!
May 6, 2019
1000000369.png

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Wouldn't surprise me Korpi becomes a wall here. I took him late in my fantasy hockey draft. Not worried about goalie situation . Let this play out I have faith in Donny maestro.
You do realize he would never have acquired him if he didn't have to take him right? Seems an odd play to have the main piece of the return be a possible contributor in 2028.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Take it with a grain of salt, but Spitting chicklets guys are doubling down and saying Sweeney is “fudging” the truth in his recent press conference. They claim they do know the offer Sweeney gave to Swayman and it was the one they reported from before in the low $6s.

Again take it with a grain of salt because tumors have been very off.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
Take it with a grain of salt, but Spitting chicklets guys are doubling down and saying Sweeney is “fudging” the truth in his recent press conference. They claim they do know the offer Sweeney gave to Swayman and it was the one they reported from before in the low $6s.

These guys have missed so many times that I give them ZERO cred

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario

For the love of god fix that horrible typo lol

I’m ordering a Swayman jersey today. This is my way of willing this frankly painful situation to resolution that sees our rockstar goalie remain a foundational part of our team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad