Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman -V - all still silent

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
I really appreciated William Nylander sticking to his principles when he held out as an RFA for the sake of future young centers in the league. Selfless stuff that was.
I think you're being sarcastic but Nylander was a winger at the time. Yes, they're trying him out at center this year but too early to know if he stays in that position.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Lindholm no doubt in my mind, Zadorov, money doesn't bother me as much as maybe the years, Peeke was a need at the time when the deal was made, it is only for two years and he is 26 ........Lindholm is really scary and I do not want to add to my anxiety buy signing Swayman for more.

Why make the same mistake twice, just maybe if they did not pay Rask that contract they might have some leftover to give Krecji a RW, coincidence that are looking for a RW now.
Rask also had some serious compete issues following losing to Corey Crawford and that scumbag franchise.

He refused to play in a do or die regular season finale because he had a stomach ache and the runs. What would that have been the second or third year of his big deal? Swayman wants to do podcasts and be a businessman more than fight for a Cup and a Vezina.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Rask also had some serious compete issues following losing to Corey Crawford and that scumbag franchise.

He refused to play in a do or die regular season finale because he had a stomach ache and the runs. What would that have been the second or third year of his big deal? Swayman wants to do podcasts and be a businessman more than fight for a Cup and a Vezina.
Or he wants to be compensated fairly, but if that’s your stance I don’t think there’s any way to convince you otherwise

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Or he wants to be compensated fairly, but if that’s your stance I don’t think there’s any way to convince you otherwise
What’s not fair? We don’t trade Ullmark if we don’t think Swayman will sign. The team did right by him and made him the uncontested #1 and he decides to hold out and go on podcasts mouthing off about resetting the market for goalies. His agent probably upped the price after the trade.

Reactions: BiteThisBurrows

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
What’s not fair? We don’t trade Ullmark if we don’t think Swayman will sign. The team did right by him and made him the uncontested #1 and he decides to hold out and go on podcasts mouthing off about resetting the market for goalies. His agent probably upped the price after the trade.
That's exactly how I see it too. I think Sweeney went to Swayman and they talked last year and Jeremy said he loved it in Boston, wanted to be a lifer and wanted to be #1. Sweeney went with that commitment and moved Ullmark. Then Swayman either turned on him or listened to his greedy agent and they started digging in and leveraging the situation assuming Sweeney would have no choice. Sweeney took this as a betrayal (magnified by the public comments Swayman made) and he, along with the people above him felt betrayed and as history shows when that happens they dig in and are even angry and vindictive. I wouldn't be surprised if they then offered less and less term taking an earlier offer off the table.
Bruins culture is a team of unity, but they never let anybody stand above all that. It's just not how they operate. If Swayman doesn't come around I wouldn't be surprised if he's traded before December, and probably to a bottom feeder like Anaheim.
It's not what I want to have happen, but at this point the only way out may be for Swayman to fire his agent, put the blame on him and start over. That might get management to yield a little.

I could be wrong. It's just speculation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad