Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman -UPDATE- neither elect arbitration (page 16)

Bruins Uncensored

frmrly Scotiahockey
Feb 16, 2003
Nova Scotia
By "having a deal done" but not signed, the Bruins appear to have a lot of cap space still available. I know you can go over the cap in the off-seasons, but could this be part of it for any reason? If they bring in another F, then they can use the domino effect to release/buy out JKorp and make other moves to get under the cap by camp. In fairy tale land, maybe the deal is done, but DS has asked JS to wait it out to see if there is any other addition he will need to make adjustments for... I know, I am asking too much, right?

Reactions: 4ORRBRUIN

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Okay. You want $6 million lockout protection? What's to say the NHL and the PA don't extend it by one year while they hammer out an extension. How about we make it $3 million in 2026 and $3 million in 2027?
Got you, Dom. I've been thinking in terms of AAV. Forgot how big an issue lockout protection is playing in things.

By the way, as an aside, if somehow a lockout/strike occurs I might end up being angrier than is healthy.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
Should be working... but spooky comparisons when looking at Rask before 2013 contract and Swayman now. Wonder what Swayman woulda looked like on that 2013 team.
1720646064206.png

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
And still Rask takes so much heat for losing to Chicago. But that's none of my business.

As great as Swayman has been, these numbers are a staggering comparison

Chicago was at least a worthy opponent to lose to & the Bruins had their chances to win against them.

St. Louis OTOH....that one will sting forever.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
If the Bruins had won in 2013 and 2019, Rask wins the Conn Smythe both years.
Absolutely. And he'd deserve it.

The way people view Rask is embarrassing to me. The guy was elite. But the Felgers of the world will tell you he was pissing down his leg in big games.

Rask didn't lose game 7 vs Chicago. The rest of the team did. Those quick goals were a disgrace.

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
What about a strike?
Id say its the players turn to put the owners and the NHL's nads in the vise.

a Lockout is the corrupt league and greedy owners, f*** em

a players strike is for the health of the game. protection of the people playing it and working to keep attracting the top talent to keep putting in the effort to make it to the top.

One Id walk, one Id support.

If you are a multi sport athlete who super excels in both Hockey and Baseball for instance, which is safer on your body and pays you more over your career?

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Yeah. I wouldnt sell Marty Walsh sort.

Anything could happen.
You and Dom just bummed me out Wally.

Regardless, for me as a fan, a strike or a lockout is bullshit.

Players (deservedly so) are making huge money to play a game we'd all play for minimum wage.

Owners who get into sports ownership for money get zero sympathy from me. Not that it's not their right to make money on an investment, I just don't care about any financial woes they might have in doing so.

From my perspective, no one on either side is experiencing any pain, dire financial issues, or facing poor working conditions. Anyone voting for either a lockout or a shutout needs to come back to this planet. Hundreds and hundreds of millions of people worldwide would likely be very happy to endure whatever "pain and hardship" the players and owners might be "feeling".

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Yes but that's because everyone remembers Game 4.
I just watched the highlights because I don't remember him being that bad

A couple 2 on 1s, one of them being shorthanded, a really bad scramble in front of the net, one with a bad screen, a 5 on 3 rebound in front...though he probably wants the OT winner back.

He got shelled for a touchdown, but Chicago was flying. Be upset because he didn't steal it, but he certainly can't be blamed.

a players strike is for the health of the game. protection of the people playing it and working to keep attracting the top talent to keep putting in the effort to make it to the top.

If you are a multi sport athlete who super excels in both Hockey and Baseball for instance, which is safer on your body and pays you more over your career?
Yep. Barring crazy circumstances that I don't care to dream up right now, I side with the players every time.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Actually, the lockout (2005) was for the health of the game.

Player strikes are always for the players' pockets.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Owners.
Players.
2 sides of the same coin.
It’s always about the money.

Totally disagree.

One is a group of billionaires with institutional wealth whose families will never want for anything. Yet the NHL could replace every single one of them and nothing would change.

The other is a group of people who have a finite amount of time to make life-changing money, which is artificially deflated by a system they're forced into by a monopolistic, anti-trust league given impunity by the government. Yet if you replaced every player the NHL would instantly die because they're the best in the world and no one wants to watch anything else. They are both the product and the means of production. They, not the owners, are what bring us joy. The money fans give the league is entirely driven by them.

If NHL players played for the Stanley Cup on a frozen lake we'd watch. If NHL owners opened up their arenas with no games to watch no one would buy show up to buy a hot dog.

The players deserve every cent they can get in an unfair system where they matter way more than the owners.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Yes but that's because everyone remembers Game 4.
Yeh they could play that 100 times and Boston wins 90

Rask was not on that one game - it wasn’t game 6 at end it was game 4

Being there after I thought they just F’d this up incredible

It was a 6-2 Bruins win if Boston played with focus

Seguin real crime was this game

This is the game he played very low energy complete off

Tragic game

Bergeron played one of all time games and a couple years ago Felger was trashing trolling to rile up Bruins fans by calling him not clutch and basically a choker and I thought what he played thru and how good this game

He was around 27 and at his peak

Reactions: EverettMike

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Totally disagree.

One is a group of billionaires with institutional wealth whose families will never want for anything. Yet the NHL could replace every single one of them and nothing would change.

The other is a group of people who have a finite amount of time to make life-changing money, which is artificially deflated by a system they're forced into by a monopolistic, anti-trust league given impunity by the government. Yet if you replaced every player the NHL would instantly die because they're the best in the world and no one wants to watch anything else. They are both the product and the means of production. They, not the owners, are what bring us joy. The money fans give the league is entirely driven by them.

If NHL players played for the Stanley Cup on a frozen lake we'd watch. If NHL owners opened up their arenas with no games to watch no one would buy show up to buy a hot dog.

The players deserve every cent they can get in an unfair system where they matter way more than the owners.

Its Collective bargaining and all about what ‘you’ can get. Disagree all you want Mike. But it truly is all about money. I’ve been at both sides of the table in my career. It’s give to get.
The players or employees will always give up folks not yet in bargaining group. Therefore ECL and Free Agency restrictions. The owners or corporations will then give more to the current members of the bargaining unit. Be it % of revenue, earlier FA, or no move allowance s.
Watch this one for how much gos into escrow.

But make no mistake it all boils down to $$$$$. It’s not personal, just business.

Also don’t misconstrue I’m not taking a side. Just pointing out what actually happens in the room.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Its Collective bargaining and all about what ‘you’ can get. Disagree all you want Mike. But it truly is all about money. I’ve been at both sides of the table in my career. It’s give to get.
The players or employees will always give up folks not yet in bargaining group. Therefore ECL and Free Agency restrictions. The owners or corporations will then give more to the current members of the bargaining unit. Be it % of revenue, earlier FA, or no move allowance s.
Watch this one for how much gos into escrow.

But make no mistake it all boils down to $$$$$. It’s not personal, just business.

Also don’t misconstrue I’m not taking a side. Just pointing out what actually happens in the room.

We actually agree. It is all about the money, 100%. But it's not two sides of the same coin. That was really my point.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Korpi got the Bob stamp

If Swayman decides to take a year off live in nature and study Thoreau/Hawthorne I think Korpi with Wizard Bob can be the next Pete Peeters here

We are all set folks no matter who’s in net when wizards are on your side so go get some corn and have a Lowenbrau

We actually agree. It is all about the money, 100%. But it's not two sides of the same coin. That was really my point.
Mike I’m borrowing your wizard comment to refer to Goalie Bob ~ fantastic description

Reactions: EverettMike

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad