Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman -neither elect arbitration (page 16)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Would of preferred two years but the AAV is on point.

5.55 was the middle between both Swayman and Frederic ask and the teams offer combined and they got them in for a tick above the halfway mark at a mere 225k.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
He is but you said he could walk. He can’t for three more years.
Tehnically, no, and I know you love to be precise here, but you get my point, I hope, without parsing out everything to death. Can he hold out? Yes. That's as good as a 'walking' in my view and amounts to much the same thing. The Bruins are still going to have to decide whether to pay both of them what will approach or exceed $10m AAV combined or not because Swayman isn't going to come in at or below where he is now.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Yeah I'm with those who don't understand why the Bruins wouldn't have chosen the two years. Have to figure that whatever the arbitrator came back with it would be beneficial for the longer the better.

Unless the length of contract factors in to the proposed salary number? More difficult to make a case for $2M/yr at two years rather than one?

I don't think that's how it works but I don't know what other reason they'd have.

Reactions: 13Hockey

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

Just as predicted.

@mouser re your question in the other thread, Friedman always announces when one party is seeking 2 years as opposed to one like he did with Frederic. Otherwise it's a one year deal.

Yeah I'm with those who don't understand why the Bruins wouldn't have chosen the two years. Have to figure that whatever the arbitrator came back with it would be beneficial for the longer the better.

Unless the length of contract factors in to the proposed salary number? More difficult to make a case for $2M/yr at two years rather than one?

I don't think that's how it works but I don't know what other reason they'd have.
The plan is to lock him up long term next season. Two-year deal did not work in their plan.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Probably planning to trade Ullmark, more like it.

I don't know if they tried to move him this summer, but that is what I was alluding to somewhat inartfully in my posts about this. I would have liked to see them move Ullmark (if that is the plan) this summer and paid Sway in dollars and term instead having to go through this all over again next summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad