Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman -neither elect arbitration (page 16)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Lol the excuse train is just rolling out on this one. Never his fault always someone else’s fault or an injury.

Two years in a row he’s fallen flat on his face.

8 games .888 save percentage and a 3.54 GAA.

Apparently all the good games count and all the bad games don’t.
no excuses. ullmark stunk in games 5 and 6. He was pretty bad in game 2 as well.
people always blame clifton for game 6 -3, but in reality if ullmark played like regular season ullmark, clifton is only a -1. Bergeron also isnt a -3 if ullmark doesnt let in SIX goals.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
no excuses. ullmark stunk in games 5 and 6. He was pretty bad in game 2 as well.
people always blame clifton for game 6 -3, but in reality if ullmark played like regular season ullmark, clifton is only a -1. Bergeron also isnt a -3 if ullmark doesnt let in SIX goals.

Yeah, injured or not Ullmark just had to make 1 save in the 3rd period of game 6 and couldn't. Plus even if we agree he was injured, that's just as damning. So thats 2 years now where he's showed he lacks the stamina to be a #1 guy. 2 years where he approached #1 usage and broke down because of it.

Im annoyed that they're jerking Swayman around for Ullmark's sake. Deal Ullmark, get picks/prospects and give Swayman 3/12

Reactions: SonnyBoy

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
He was 3-1 926 sv after 4 gsmes with 2 first stars

5 goalies made top 100 all time less save % who started post expansion

Dude got hurt 10 minutes into game 5

He is 0.0 why they lost

Gsme 6 should not have played

Monty looked him in f***ing eyes and he said he could play

He’s an athlete - he’s not bagging out

• Love
Reactions: 13Hockey

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
He was 3-1 926 sv after 4 gsmes with 2 first stars

5 goalies made top 100 all time less save % who started post expansion

Dude got hurt 10 minutes into game 5

He is 0.0 why they lost

Gsme 6 should not have played

Monty looked him in f***ing eyes and he said he could play

He’s an athlete - he’s not bagging out

Ok, so he's not able to handle a #1 workload. Just as bad as if he just stunk in the playoffs.

Reactions: Dr Quincy

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Ok, so he's not able to handle a #1 workload. Just as bad as if he just stunk in the playoffs.
He played 49 regular season games & first 4 playoffs

43-7 sub 2.00 & 938 sv

He had statistically the greatest season ever a goalie had until the mix up overtime with Grzelcyk playing off side

If Ullmark is going to choke he would have not won games 3 & 4 in Florida and been game 4 first star

I’m listening and reading to Jack-offs calling Bergeron a choker and Loser

Game 7 he scores 2 goals in Vancouver to win SC as best player on ice not a goalie

But over time he develops a choke lol

Same for Ullmark - the dude didn’t choke

Many here want perfection- not in themselves but their athletes

Ullmark if the Bruins are smart keep him around

He’s going to be very good to great for years

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
I hope the Swayman arbitration is bigger than the $3.4/yr, he has earned it. It is not his fault that Sweeney can't manage the Cap better. I love the Bruins, the players are 1st of the Bruins for me.

Reactions: hn777

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
They’re going to hold onto both goalies this year, sweeney waiting for the center position to shake out

Now that he knows it’s weak, they’re not going to get rid of a Vezina goalie that can keep them in games nor a guy who will be the number 1 in a year if not sooner.

One might go at the deadline especially if the bruins are well out of it, but season success as of now hinges on defense and goaltending

Reactions: Maine Fan

Babajingo

I hope the Swayman arbitration is bigger than the $3.4/yr, he has earned it. It is not his fault that Sweeney can't manage the Cap better. I love the Bruins, the players are 1st of the Bruins for me.
Totally agree. They are in this hole because the GM can't manage the cap. He was bailed out last year by PB and DK. For some reason, i have it in the back of my head that they are going to deal Swayman instead of Ullmark. I hope not.
If Swayman gets around 3.5 or more, that means Frederic will put them over the top. I'd take Swayman any day of the week over Frederic.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
He played 49 regular season games & first 4 playoffs

43-7 sub 2.00 & 938 sv

He had statistically the greatest season ever a goalie had until the mix up overtime with Grzelcyk playing off side

If Ullmark is going to choke he would have not won games 3 & 4 in Florida and been game 4 first star

I’m listening and reading to Jack-offs calling Bergeron a choker and Loser

Game 7 he scores 2 goals in Vancouver to win SC as best player on ice not a goalie

But over time he develops a choke lol

Same for Ullmark - the dude didn’t choke

Many here want perfection- not in themselves but their athletes

Ullmark if the Bruins are smart keep him around

He’s going to be very good to great for years

So an unconfirmed injury excuses his poor play? What about the previous year playoff run? How many years of excuses does he get? Two years of bottom of the barrel results in the playoffs no matter how you slice it.

Also no one is asking for perfection. They are just asking to have an average to above average playoff goalie and Ullmark has been arguably the worst postseason goalie the last two years outside of I think it was like vanachek.

Last edited:

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
They’re going to hold onto both goalies this year, sweeney waiting for the center position to shake out

Now that he knows it’s weak, they’re not going to get rid of a Vezina goalie that can keep them in games nor a guy who will be the number 1 in a year if not sooner.

One might go at the deadline especially if the bruins are well out of it, but season success as of now hinges on defense and goaltending
of course tbey are. they are a playoff team with both goalies.
if they ride one goalie, tbey are competing for 10th in the conference.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada

Far be it from me to defend Sweeny but he is not alone in having his hands full managing the cap. The cap increases have slowed to a crawl since covid , expecting Sweney to be able to predict global pandemics is a bit much to ask. A quick look on Capfriendly shows only a handful of teams with any cap space and they are all the bottom feeders .

I'd like to see Swayman fairly compensated too but it's simply not in the cards for this season. A 1 year deal with an eye to getting paid next season shouldn't be something that can't be worked out. Not for Swayman and not for Fredric either.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
of course tbey are. they are a playoff team with both goalies.
if they ride one goalie, tbey are competing for 10th in the conference.
I don't buy this for a second.

I'd rather 60 games with one and 22 out of Bussi and using the 4m in savings (if they had done this a month or 2 ago.. too late now) than 44 games from one and 38 games from the other.

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
$2M of course is laughably low, but the way arbitration works in the NHL pretty well encourages GMs to pull that kind of thing. If indeed the middle ground of $3.4M is what is decided then it's a solid deal for the Bs. I wouldn't be surprised if Swayman is awarded a bit more than the $3.4M.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Yeah, $3.4 I don't mind at all.
Better hope the arbitrator is the fair minded sort. 2 million from the B's is, of course, way low given Swayman's performance and status as goaltender of the future.

On the other hand, 4.8 for a goaltender entering his third year in the NHL is also unrealistic and, if I may, presumptuous.

3.5 X 3 years sounds about right to me.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Sure seems easy to be an arbitrator.
But who carries a calculator around all day? And there’s all that multi-factor authentication for any device… Hopefully they get the next 11 months off.

Good value for Sway. Wish it was 2 years but gives him some really good incentive to have a killer year.

Reactions: JOKER 192

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
So really, a problem deferred for a few months is all this seems to be (not that they had much choice at this point). Cap is going up, so if Sway does his thing this season and is what we think he is and he has appeared to be, $5m will be on the table. Do the Bruins keep both at $10m+ or does one need to go? To me it seems after this season one or the other is gone. Ullmark has the NTC so some power, Sway can just walk.

Reactions: Bodit9

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
So really, a problem deferred for a few months is all this seems to be (not that they had much choice at this point). Cap is going up, so if Sway does his thing this season and is what we think he is and he has appeared to be, $5m will be on the table. Do the Bruins keep both at $10m+ or does one need to go? To me it seems after this season one or the other is gone. Ullmark has the NTC so some power, Sway can just walk.
Sway has two more RFA years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad