Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman IV - even more nothing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Guys is awfully arrogant for never winning it all as a GM. One of the writers should sack up and ask him why he treats people like Belichick without the rings when he gets questions he doesn't like

He’s feeling the heat. On the brink of being the bruins 2nd longest tenured GM without a cup.

He knows one year without making the playoffs and he is canned. Now he is struggling to come to terms with his star goalie and is in danger of going into the year with one of the worst goaltending duos in the league in korpisalo/bussi of swayman isnt signed

Reactions: Babajingo

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Donny had to do his performance to tell Lewis Gross what he thought of his leaks.

4X6 M I wonder who Donny Hockey had in the pool where it would show

Classic Chicklets line - that was good writing. Cam? Gold? Going with Gold

And a little B S comment about returning calls

December 1 and Jeremy has chosen….well done

Bad blood since Krug ~ Torey got rich if not happy- between these two

Donny got his say….shots fired!!!!

so let’s go ~ sign the Swaychise

dangermike

Jan 24, 2022
I think the issue is that Sweeney looks at every negotiation like he's the hammer and the player is the nail, and treats it as such, to the point of bad feelings and contentiousness. It's unnecessary.
has that been the case recently? arent pasta and mac happily signed to big money deals? our free agents this offseason sure are making a lot of money.... he didnt bend to debrusk and maybe i need to retake the temperature of the board but most people are stoked his gone...

and is he being a hammer or is he just not intent on answering questions from the media that might hamper his job

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
He’s feeling the heat. On the brink of being the bruins 2nd longest tenured GM without a cup.

He knows one year without making the playoffs and he is canned. Now he is struggling to come to terms with his star goalie and is in danger of going into the year with one of the worst goaltending duos in the league in korpisalo/bussi of swayman isnt signed
The heat was the way Gross did this negotiating & likely arbitration spin

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Clown

Hopefully everyone remembers by Cam no longer has a slot with Felger. This org can't take someone asking them non t-ball level questions.

Felger doesn't know enough about hockey to ask non T-ball level questions. Which is why he asks nothing but "gotcha" questions, including the one that made Cam tell him to basically f*** off.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
i don't get this whining - would you rather he beg swayman to sign for 10mil at the podium or should he try to do a good job and get the best deal for the bruins? sometimes being shrewd isn't easy and it's bizarre watching fans wring their hands over a dude who clearly wants the team to be good.
No, it's how he answers the writers who are just trying to do their jobs, and most of them kiss his ass anyways.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Not a good sign if Sweeney is getting frustrated like this. I don't mind it with the media, but I hope this attitude is not spilling over to negotiations. Swayman seems to take criticism very personally and we don't need this becoming a grudge match.

The bottom line is that Swayman really has very little leverage here, other than the fact that he is a phenomenal goaltender whom Boston would be lucky to lock up for 8 years. If Swayman takes a hard line and sits out or defects for two seasons to become a UFA, he will never recover the money he lost in those two years, even if he hits all his contract demands.

Reactions: BMC and PlayMakers

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
The heat was the way Gross did this negotiating & likely arbitration spin

Idk what Gross is doing or did.

I also don’t know what Sweeney is doing or did.

I do know that Swayman has pointed specifically to words said about him by the organization during the arbitration process that rubbed him the wrong way.

Who knows how valid the rumors are of the bruins offering in the $6AAV range and swayman wanting $9AAV range. Especially with how inaccurate a lot of information from the local media has been this summer.

One thing I do know is that Swayman is holding a grudge against the organization for things they said. Only reason I know that is because it’s coming straight from his mouth, repeatedly.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018

Is he feeling the heat because Sways demands cannot be met, and now needs to face the reality that he is not playing in Boston this year, whether he sits out or is traded. Whatever way he goes he is going to be ripped by the fans I can see him now in the North End, lighting candles that Korpisalo, suddenly finds his game. Swayman should not get off the hook that easy either.

Reactions: BMC

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Guys is awfully arrogant for never winning it all as a GM. One of the writers should sack up and ask him why he treats people like Belichick without the rings when he gets questions he doesn't like

Not kowtowing to the Boston media is a good thing considering the amount of jack offs that work in it. I think he's got enough things checked off on his resume to have the right to defend his organization against false reporting.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Is he feeling the heat because Sways demands cannot be met, and now needs to face the reality that he is not playing in Boston this year, whether he sits out or is traded. Whatever way he goes he is going to be ripped by the fans I can see him now in the North End, lighting candles that Korpisalo, suddenly finds his game. Swayman should not get off the hook that easy either.
I'll put the odds at 0.00000001% Swayman doesn't play here this season.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Idk what Gross is doing or did.

I also don’t know what Sweeney is doing or did.

I do know that Swayman has pointed specifically to words said about him by the organization during the arbitration process that rubbed him the wrong way.

Who knows how valid the rumors are of the bruins offering in the $6AAV range and swayman wanting $9AAV range. Especially with how inaccurate a lot of information from the local media has been this summer.

One thing I do know is that Swayman is holding a grudge against the organization for things they said. Only reason I know that is because it’s coming straight from his mouth, repeatedly.
His agent Gross has been holding a grudge against Donny so what a surprise he takes an L and tells Sway he got hosed

The rumors are all Gross - that’s the issue that’s what Sweeney brought up

He’s probably signed shortly

Swayman has told people privately he’s good with Sweeney and vice versa ~ they want him here he wants to be here

This is just a little dust up with Sweeney having his say

Gross pulls this BS and it probably cost Krug a lifelong Bruins

I’m team Sway but today was really interesting

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
I'm by no means a Sweeney fan but I'm fine with his response to this. I think the Bruins have been tight lipped and trying to work through this in good faith. They didn't bring Swayman to arbitration and traded Ullmark as a nod to Swayman that the job is his and they want to work with him on a contract. Gross on the other hand has likely been leaking alleged falsehoods to pressure the Bruins at every turn.

Gross certainly lives up to his namesake. What a toolbag.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
Why this is nothing:

Cities that could use a #1 at BIG dollars:

LA Kings
Montreal Canadians
Chicago
Colorado

Detroit
maybe Minny
Philly
maybe Utah

Bolded are maybe the world class cities or franchises. Montreal and Chicago are rebuilds. Montreal he gets THAT tax structure and that media. Surely that franchise is also gun-shy over the Price contract. So I don't see it. Kings have 5.25M tied up in Kuemper for a bit. Maybe they'd find a way out from under it. Colorado and the Kings are maybe the only markets where he'd genuinely want to flee to. And would THEY even want him getting paid 9M+? Avs probably can't and won't with their roster.

I think Don and co realize the city is good, the fans are good, the lockeroom is probably the best in the league. The leverage is with Boston, and Korpi will do just fine to start.

Lot of guys leave...and arrive to a dumpster fire elsewhere. We see it all the time. Here in Boston, Sway is being handed the keys to the city. Just has to reach out and grab them.

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad