Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman IV - even more nothing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Clown

Hopefully everyone remembers by Cam no longer has a slot with Felger. This org can't take someone asking them non t-ball level questions.
Nope

Not kowtowing to the Boston media is a good thing considering the amount of jack offs that work in it. I think he's got enough things checked off on his resume to have the right to defend his organization against false reporting.
excellent post!

• Haha
Reactions: Pia8988 and caz16

I Hate Philadelphia

Aug 10, 2015
Orlando, Florida
bbbeb459519f790a12e46ab4cbeacf47.gif

Reactions: PlayMakers

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
"You've said there have been inaccuracies in the reporting? Which ones specifically have upset you because they are wrong?"---local guy who hasn't reported anything that could have possibly upset Sweeney asking a totally fair in every way question

"Let me be a huge f***ing dickhead to you, right now, as part of my half answer." ---the GM of the Boston Bruins losing his cool

This was a good look for Sweeney?

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
"You've said there have been inaccuracies in the reporting? Which ones specifically have upset you because they are wrong?"---local guy who hasn't reported anything that could have possibly upset Sweeney asking a totally fair in every way question

"Let me be a huge f***ing dickhead to you, right now, as part of my half answer." ---the GM of the Boston Bruins losing his cool

This was a good look for Sweeney?
There was SUCH an easy high road to take here that would've allowed him to stick to the company line and still give a non-answer. He chose violence...and a non-answer

Reactions: BMC and EverettMike

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Donny had to do his performance to tell Lewis Gross what he thought of his leaks.

4X6 M I wonder who Donny Hockey had in the pool where it would show

Classic Chicklets line - that was good writing. Cam? Gold? Going with Gold

And a little B S comment about returning calls

December 1 and Jeremy has chosen….well done

Bad blood since Krug ~ Torey got rich if not happy- between these two

Donny got his say….shots fired!!!!

so let’s go ~ sign the Swaychise

Think it's more Jacobs has no intention of singing a goalie with that little of a resume to that big a deal and Sweeney is the messenger. Jacob's would be happier to pay him nothing and let him sit and trade him

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Well, (sigh), I guess if he stays unsigned until Dec 1 we won't have to wonder about whether or not he can handle a full season load as a starter for this year anyway.

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
This is a business. The arbitration with Swayman wasn't warm and fuzzy and I think opened his eyes that it isnt all cuddles and puppies in the NHL. Swayman should absolutely get every dollar he thinks he is worth for his services. Sweeney overplayed his hand a bit by trading Ullmark but the end of the day its Sweeneys job to sign Swayman for the least amount possible. The tough part about this is there isnt a real comparable. Sway has been fantastic but GMs want to see a long track record for goalie success and Sway doesn't have that yet due to his limited chances. Bottom line is the Bruins scouting and staff should have a full read on Sways potential and like all future contracts they are forecasting and paying for estimated future performance. I think he is a $8M a year goalie and will be deserving of that amount for years to come. Sweeney must think differently and that's a shame. You are going to have to pay for star players like it or not.

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
There was SUCH an easy high road to take here that would've allowed him to stick to the company line and still give a non-answer. He chose violence...and a non-answer

He comes across as defensive and petty. He can be angry about false reports, but he can also address them in a professional way. He could have laughed at them and mocked them in a professional manner!

"A lot of reports have been 100% false, like how I didn't return a call for three weeks. That's so patently absurd on the surface I can't believe someone even said it. But needless to say we don't negotiate in the media, so that's about as specific as I will get. I'm still and always have been in contract with Jeremy's reps, and that's how I know he wants to be here as much as we want him to be here and we're working towards making that happen. I'm confident we'll get a contract signed. Until then don't believe anything you read."

Then go scream at each other behind closed doors! Instead you look childish, like an angry kid who can't control their emotions when being told no.

Reactions: Sevendust and BMC

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I see people are beating on Sweeney for this… But I don’t have a single f***ing problem with what he says here.

He’s right. Stop reporting BS and speculation as fact. And I would be frustrated too if the false reporting was specifically designed to make me look like I’m negotiating in bad faith.

I’m not a Sweeney-humper. I don’t love everything he does. But I agree with him here. I get it. The lake of shallow shit we’ve been wading through all offseason has strengthened a divide among Bruins fans. I hate it and wish it would end.

Mr. Make-Believe

All this angst and hand wringing wouln't be happening if people would stop hanging on every word a supposed insider or media hack (WEEI) tweets out. These rumors are just that and they come from the player, agent and some are just flat out made up.

You will never hear the Bruins discuss contract negotiations unless absolutely forced to. They are locked down like Ft. Knox.

To quote Leon Haywood (and Marvin Gaye) and my 9th grade history teacher: "Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear."
:handclap: Right on, Ali. I’m with you.

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I see people are beating on Sweeney for this… But I don’t have a single f***ing problem with what he says here.

He’s right. Stop reporting BS and speculation as fact. And I would be frustrated too if the false reporting was specifically designed to make me look like I’m negotiating in bad faith.

I’m not a Sweeney-humper. I don’t love everything he does. But I agree with him here. I get it. The lake of shallow shit we’ve been wading through all offseason has strengthened a divide among Bruins fans. I hate it and wish it would end.

I don't have a single problem with him saying all the reporting has been false bullshit and speculation. I have a problem with how he said that. When you're talking about what I think has clearly been the most difficult negotiation of his tenure you don't want to sound defensive or out of control, and that's how he came across to me here.

It's not the message it's the delivery that's the problem.

Reactions: Sevendust and BMC

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
He comes across as defensive and petty. He can be angry about false reports, but he can also address them in a professional way. He could have laughed at them and mocked them in a professional manner!

"A lot of reports have been 100% false, like how I didn't return a call for three weeks. That's (and) so patently absurd on the surface I can't believe someone even said it. But needless to say we don't negotiate in the media, so that's about as specific as I will get. I'm still and always have been in contract with Jeremy's reps, and that's how I know he wants to be here as much as we want him to be here and we're working towards making that happen. I'm confident we'll get a contract signed. Until then don't believe anything you read."

Then go scream at each other behind closed doors! Instead you look childish, like an angry kid who can't control their emotions when being told no.
Amen. Even pulling out the bolded would've been an appropriate answer/dodge. I'm fine with him giving nothing to the media, because somebody will absolutely take it and run with it. "Oh he said the three weeks thing was false...but he didnt say the 4 year offer was false!"

Reactions: EverettMike

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I don't have a single problem with him saying all the reporting has been false bullshit and speculation. I have a problem with how he said that. When you're talking about what I think has clearly been the most difficult negotiation of his tenure you don't want to sound defensive or out of control, and that's how he came across to me here.

The man looked and sounded unhinged. Who could've witnessed that presser and felt any shred of confidence in this management group?!

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Not kowtowing to the Boston media is a good thing considering the amount of jack offs that work in it. I think he's got enough things checked off on his resume to have the right to defend his organization against false reporting.
Classy cursing. He’s botched the goalie thing and looks like an idiot so far because he fell in love with a prospect. I’m hoping he fixes it before they start playing and losing games

• Haha
Reactions: PB37

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Think it's more Jacobs has no intention of singing a goalie with that little of a resume to that big a deal and Sweeney is the messenger. Jacob's would be happier to pay him nothing and let him sit and trade him
What proof do you have of this??? Oh, the past 50 plus years, that's right.

I hope he's traded.
Sweeney? I agree

Reactions: KrejciMVP

Mr. Make-Believe

Oh I get, Mike. I just disagree. It would be one thing if it was just misinformation. But he’s mad at specifically the misinformation that targets him. That’s designed to make him look bad.

Could he have been more professional about it? Absolutely. But in this case, I don’t have a problem with him spouting off a bit. The media has earned it here.

Perhaps I’m just the kind of person who doesn’t mind the authenticity of, like for example a Tortorella. That will come off to some as petty. To me, it’s human. I guess that says something about me. :laugh:

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
His agent Gross has been holding a grudge against Donny so what a surprise he takes an L and tells Sway he got hosed

The rumors are all Gross - that’s the issue that’s what Sweeney brought up

He’s probably signed shortly

Swayman has told people privately he’s good with Sweeney and vice versa ~ they want him here he wants to be here

This is just a little dust up with Sweeney having his say

Gross pulls this BS and it probably cost Krug a lifelong Bruins

I’m team Sway but today was really interesting

Gross is just doing what his client wants.

Judging by how wrong every rumor/source has been about nearly everything this summer involving the bruins, I would imagine the Gross rumors are just as inaccurate.

Last edited:

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
If you trade Swayman you better make sure you're getting actual assets back. Multiple 1sts and a Center and Goalie. No 4th liners and no toss in picks for taking garbage contracts

dangermike

Jan 24, 2022
Classy cursing. He’s botched the goalie thing and looks like an idiot so far because he fell in love with a prospect. I’m hoping he fixes it before they start playing and losing games
when swaymans signed for 8 years this week will it still be "botched"

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Or maybe they don't start losing games and he sits w/o any income. Not inconceivable. Very good D corp(now coached by a good D coach with a history with coaching in the B's minors). should limit shots. Responsible forwards helping out

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Oh I get, Mike. I just disagree. It would be one thing if it was just misinformation. But he’s mad at specifically the misinformation that targets him. That’s designed to make him look bad.

Could he have been more professional about it? Absolutely. But in this case, I don’t have a problem with him spouting off a bit. The media has earned it here.

Perhaps I’m just the kind of person who doesn’t mind the authenticity of, like for example a Tortorella. That will come off to some as petty. To me, it’s human. I guess that says something about me. :laugh:

I don't have an issue with the occasional "spouting off" from someone in a position of power either, even a GM. But do that when complaining about a league ruling or a bad call that cost you a game. Don't think it's helpful when it has to do with a tough negotiation. Makes you look like you're not in control and it's not going well. Otherwise why are you so defensive? Why aren't you laughing about the bullshit?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad