Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman IV - even more nothing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Training camp roster just released. Swayman not on it.
I don't know i when this signing will take place, if it even does, but should Sway remaina Bruin, after last years negotiation's, I really believe the bitterness will never go away, and could crop up at any time, and that would not be good atmosphere.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
Sweeney doesn't hand out NMC/NTCs like Chiarelli.
Chiarelli gave them out like candy.....and we paid for it for three years or so.
Swayman will EASILY have one in his contract.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I don't know i when this signing will take place, if it even does, but should Sway remaina Bruin, after last years negotiation's, I really believe the bitterness will never go away, and could crop up at any time, and that would not be good atmosphere.

It could. i guess we will know better once we see whats signed. . If long term Sway has bought into its just business. If short term my opinion he’s not happy and outta here. But thats me.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Deadlines don’t matter crew could be having a tough next 24 hours.
More concerned about the Swayman sucks, cant handle the load, never did it before and doesn't deserve a big contract people, but they will flip flop when they see management do it.

You be careful with NTCs with mid/bottom level guys, not core guys. Best way to show someone you're a core guy is to add in that NTC
Agreed No issue here with a NTC at some point in the contract

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
You’ve conflated everyone who doesn’t want to pay him $9M+ as “Swayman sucks and doesn’t deserve a big contract” people. You’ve created your own universe here.
I said I would pay him thatand he is worth it. I also said I would pay him 8. I would pay him long term, 8 years. 4 years is stupid. 2 years is stupid

Read the countless comments on the excuses not to give him a long term deal and the insults on his character, those are the people I'm worried about....maybe we can start a support group and buddy system.

Beyonder

May 20, 2024
Perhaps.

For what it is worth, doing so would likely prove unwise.

Jeremy might win the battle but lose the war.

If he holds out, he goes from hero to villain in less than 5 seconds.

I don't know. I really question whether many people would hold it against him 2 months from now as long as it gets sorted out. I'm not saying I like it, only that a holdout seems inevitable given where things stand and with seemingly little movement on the offer recently. Forces the Bruins to show whether they are really willing to risk starting the season without Swayman.

Given how business saturated pro sports is, holding it against the player (within reason) seems like an antiquated notion. Boegarts, Betts, Brady, and plenty of others have left because of $ and are still pretty beloved. Unless Swayman goes to Toronto or Montreal, at least ;)

Reactions: GordonHowe

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I don't know. I really question whether many people would hold it against him 2 months from now as long as it gets sorted out. I'm not saying I like it, only that a holdout seems inevitable given where things stand and with seemingly little movement on the offer recently. Forces the Bruins to show whether they are really willing to risk starting the season without Swayman.

Given how business saturated pro sports is, holding it against the player (within reason) seems like an antiquated notion. Boegarts, Betts, Brady, and plenty of others have left because of $ and are still pretty beloved. Unless Swayman goes to Toronto or Montreal, at least ;)
I don’t think you’re reading the tea leaves very well right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad