Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman III- still nothing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
I hope he demands a trade just to see if it leads to actual bloodshed between HF Bruins posters.
All things being equal I feel like my side would win handily in such a battle

Just wait until he signs and see what the number is. Are you anti-McAvoy? Anti Pastrnak? These contracts all took a while to sign and ultimately we’re all (mostly) happy to have them here. Same thing will happen with Swayman. He wants to be here. We want him here. He will be here.
No I am def not and I am DEF the workers get their due - I grew up as the son of a steelworker union prez - it’s his approach I’m starting to take issue with that differed from (my interpretation of) the approach your comparables took - one of doing business quietly

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
All things being equal I feel like my side would win handily in such a battle

No I am def not and I am DEF the workers get their due - I grew up as the son of a steelworker union prez - it’s his approach I’m starting to take issue with that differed from (my interpretation of) the approach your comparables took - one of doing business quietly

What approach? His agent is handling negotiations. Swayman hasn't bad mouthed the team, he's been in Boston all summer and is actively training with the team just like he would any other season.

Reactions: lopey

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I’ll politely exit the conversation at this point because this’ll go nowhere fun lol

If your only gripe is his comments during an interview about having a better understanding of the business side now and what his comparables are, then I don't know what to tell you. Do everyday people not use comparables when looking for jobs/asking for a raise? I know I did when I negotiated my raise early this year.

Again.....

-Practicing with the team
-Said he's confident a deal will get done
-Hasn't publicly stated what he wants or what the team is offering.

If he was sitting out, not even in Boston, and making his demands public.... then I could see questioning his "approach"

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
If your only gripe is his comments during an interview about having a better understanding of the business side now and what his comparables are, then I don't know what to tell you. Do everyday people not use comparables when looking for jobs/asking for a raise? I know I did when I negotiated my raise early this year.

Again.....

-Practicing with the team
-Said he's confident a deal will get done
-Hasn't publicly stated what he wants or what the team is offering.

If he was sitting out, not even in Boston, and making his demands public.... then I could see questioning his "approach"
It’s just me rambling on my brother, pay no attention

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Cage match to the death between “Fire Sweeney for giving up his leverage by trading Ullmark before signing Swayman” fans v. Fed Up With Lysell fans. Tough call.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
I have seen the Bruins win one cup in my lifetime.

I've seen an awful lot of good hockey and loved my time as a Bruins fan for most of it. The 90s were the darkest I've seen things and we are nowhere near that. Even so, many franchises have it worse off than us. I think we as fans take the last 15 years for granted. Go surf some other boards and get some perspective.

I don't care what grade management gets, Im here for fun and to enjoy watching my team play hockey.

Hope to see Sway stay a Bruin for a long time. If not, well, then I hope to see what Korpisalo and Bussi can do. Still excited to see how the new guys fair.

I can't wait for the season to start regardless of what happens.
Fantastic post. Thanks

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
it’s happening folks !!!!

Sweeney saves his job by avoiding a hold out

Sway top 3 G behind this D with EL taking draws and getting pucks out last minute of ganes they know win instead of lose

Get him into TC and I’m going Don Godfsther ‘Sway Vezina 2024-25’

Donny drafts him, extends him, and can keep his job till next problem arises - but we are watching Donny

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Fans pay way to much. Billionaires vs millionaires. Try taking the family to a game.
You want billionaires vs billionaires the women’s US Open is today - two US Oligarchs kids Navarro v Pegula

Pegula dad owns the Sabres & Navarro a Mass kid who went to URI and an avid sports fan who probably would buy Bruins if for sale

Reactions: Tbaybruin

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Donny isn't doing his job if he caves to a one hit wonder goalies ridiculous demands. Talk about a player trying to handcuff a team so they can't invest in anyone down the road

• Haha
Reactions: Pia8988

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
You want billionaires vs billionaires the women’s US Open is today - two US Oligarchs kids Navarro v Pegula

Pegula dad owns the Sabres & Navarro a Mass kid who went to URI and an avid sports fan who probably would buy Bruins if for sale
Will somebody please send me a PM when Swayman signs his contract. :ha:

Reactions: Ladyfan

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Will somebody please send me a PM when Swayman signs his contract. :ha:
This is equivalent to killing time in a long supermarket checkout line reading the Enquirer story on a guy who worked at Studio or Area 51 and has seen alien carcasses

Once the rookies report and the secret is out on Riley Duran and Matt Poitras being in best shape of life we can move on

As for me - the Swayman stuff is to keep everyone off the Korpi and Peeke threads

Sway likely gets 8 yrs in the end and finishes last years at $10 M and he can sleep well knowing he did not screw Askerov & Augustine goalie pay scale in 2030

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
This is equivalent to killing time in a long supermarket checkout line reading the Enquirer story on a guy who worked at Studio or Area 51 and has seen alien carcasses

Once the rookies report and the secret is out on Riley Duran and Matt Poitras being in best shape of life we can move on

As for me - the Swayman stuff is to keep everyone off the Korpi and Peeke threads

Sway likely gets 8 yrs in the end and finishes last years at $10 M and he can sleep well knowing he did not screw Askerov & Augustine goalie pay scale in 2030

I hope he gets his 8 years with a bad west coast team with no defense. I'd rather spend 80 mill on an elite forward. Vasilefsky looked pretty human last year with a depleted Tampa D

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I hope he gets his 8 years with a bad west coast team with no defense. I'd rather spend 80 mill on an elite forward. Vasilefsky looked pretty human last year with a depleted Tampa D
Swayman will eventually get to the class where if you can get 60+ M for 8 years guaranteed you take it

They are close per Cam Robinson - so it’s likely Monday or Wednesday on line course covered playing for a top 5 D and organization making around 8 M a year is a good gig

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

I'm sure those deep playoff runs have taken a toll on him. He basically played an additional full NHL season in playoff games from 2019-2023

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Of course.

I agree.

Not sure about the statement about the Leafs core. I would think they would want a championship badly too. But if the players were making minimum wage, I'm sure they would want it even more for the playoff checks.
Just a little jab at the Leafs. 😂

That said, something about that core doesn’t do it. They may want a Championship (who wouldn’t) but are they willing to go out and get that championship.

I’d like to play the guitar like Mark Knopfler. Who wouldn’t? Even if I had the innate talent, am I willing to put in the extraordinary work and sacrifice to get there??? And I’m talking real work.

I think the answer is no. For me as well as Mitch/Austin et al. 😂

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Don't buy into the nonsense. He's a core piece and at 25 years old is a no brainer max year deal at whatever it takes under 10 mil Aav. If he wants McAvoy money, give it to him. The cap is going up now. I can't understand management and old time media people getting on Swayman or whatever but it's ridiculous for the fans to begrudge him. We should want the best players we can get and let the suits worry about making it work. If they need to trim off the bottom of the roster then so be it They can clear 2 mil by dumping their overpaid back up goalie to the minors.

actually not a bad Saturday night, fan or not
Give him McAvoy money you are you cutting ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad