Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman III- still nothing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Nope because it ties back to the value of Swayman. If you went back and took the time to see how this discussion started you'd know that. Instead you'd rather complain that you don't understand why it's being discussed
Good bye

Just like 4 pages into a thread and people are saying he instead of naming who they are talking about

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Askarov 1st rd prospect and 1st
Kuemper 1st, 3rd, good defensive prospect at time
Markstrom 1st and good young defenseman

No Vezina trophies there

No 4th line/healthy scratch type.. No cap dumps. In other words all for a far better package

Almost 10 million paid to centers who combined for 2 goals in the play-offs.....plus 4.5 dead cap room from the year before because those two said centers weren't good enough the year before to be 1-2

I believe all 3 of those were under contractual control for years. That has to be factored in.
Ullmark could end up being a rental. Or not. But that too goes into value of a trade.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
I believe all 3 of those were under contractual control for years. That has to be factored in.
Ullmark could end up being a rental. Or not. But that too goes into value of a trade.

Even as a rental with taking Korpi back is was a failure.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Puck has yet to drop. We dont know that yet. As well as how the 1st rounder turns out. Lastly Linus had to go and he controlled destination.

Did he? They're already playing hard ball with Sway, force him on a 1 year deal and then out of all the money in a year. You lose dean, but that's not an impact for at minimum 3 years.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
l

Kuemper had one year left on his contract when traded to colorado. But I have no clue if he had any NMC or anything of the sort

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Did he? They're already playing hard ball with Sway, force him on a 1 year deal and then out of all the money in a year. You lose dean, but that's not an impact for at minimum 3 years.

Of course he did. For starters per Sweeney both wanted 55 starts. Math doesnt work. Then you still need to resign Swayman. Not going to have 12-13 tied up in goalies. Because you needed a center - Lindholm.
Factor in Linus being in control , and walk on either team, you make the best deal you can.
Its not just one thing in a vacuum.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
l

Kuemper had one year left on his contract when traded to colorado. But I have no clue if he had any NMC or anything of the sort

Nope. Not with the PLD trade.

“Kuemper, 34, signed a five-year, $26.25 million contract with the Capitals in 2022 after winning the Stanley Cup with the Colorado Avalanche. He had a .902 save percentage and a 3.03 goals-against average in 90 games over two seasons. But the emergence last season of goaltender Charlie Lindgren, who was 25-16-7 with a .911 save percentage, made Kuemper expendable.”.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Of course he did. For starters per Sweeney both wanted 55 starts. Math doesnt work. Then you still need to resign Swayman. Not going to have 12-13 tied up in goalies. Because you needed a center - Lindholm.
Factor in Linus being in control , and walk on either team, you make the best deal you can.

Well Boston's offer on the table fits with Ullmark. You can cite playing time, but that's easy enough to fix. Swayman starts 55 as the future, Ullmark can leave and fix it next year.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Ullmark said he was ok with less starts.

12-13m for Swayman + Ullmark w/ 5m off the books next year > 10-11m for Swayman+Korpi w/ Korpi on the books for 3 more years after this one.

The only thing that can make this deal "good" is if Letourneau becomes a top 6 F.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Good bye

Just like 4 pages into a thread and people are saying he instead of naming who they are talking about

giphy.gif

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Ullmark said he was ok with less starts.

12-13m for Swayman + Ullmark w/ 5m off the books next year > 10-11m for Swayman+Korpi w/ Korpi on the books for 3 more years after this one.

The only thing that can make this deal "good" is if Letourneau becomes a top 6 F.

Thats not what Sweeney said. I never heard what Ullmark said.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Then he's not worth what he's (reported) asking .
Going from 4.5 to 8-9 a year to see if he has it in him to play 10 more games.....hmmmmm.

What would be hilarious is we give him say 8+ for x amount of years and Sorokin equals his stats or even out plays him.

I have noticed there’s a very interesting dynamic forming.

Some of the most outspoken people saying korpisalo is worth $3m are also the most outspoken in saying swayman should get in the low $6s and no more than that.

Yet korpisalo will play half the games Swayman does and against the easier opponents, while swayman plays 55-60 games while playing the tougher matchups.

It makes absolutely zero sense.

RI.B FAN

Jul 14, 2002
JAMESTOWN RI
Visit site
Ooooh, cup losers makes it all better for you, does it? LOFL

This is what’s wrong with Bruins fans. They’ve been gaslit by constant praises from management about how great just making the playoffs is versus being cup driven.

One. Cup. In. 52. Years.
So, three Cups in 54 years, you are clearly a half empty guy

• Haha
Reactions: LSCII

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Nope. Not with the PLD trade.

“Kuemper, 34, signed a five-year, $26.25 million contract with the Capitals in 2022 after winning the Stanley Cup with the Colorado Avalanche. He had a .902 save percentage and a 3.03 goals-against average in 90 games over two seasons. But the emergence last season of goaltender Charlie Lindgren, who was 25-16-7 with a .911 save percentage, made Kuemper expendable.”.
Oh I was going off the trade you replied to on SwayHeyKid's post. The coyotes to colorado trade.

Askarov 1st rd prospect and 1st
Kuemper 1st, 3rd, good defensive prospect at time
Markstrom 1st and good young defenseman

No Vezina trophies there

No 4th line/healthy scratch type.. No cap dumps. In other words all for a far better package

Almost 10 million paid to centers who combined for 2 goals in the play-offs.....plus 4.5 dead cap room from the year before because those two said centers weren't good enough the year before to be 1-2

Kuemper had one year left here and was traded for a 1st, 3rd and a mid level prospect.

"The Avalanche traded a 2022 first-round pick and young defenseman Conor Timmins for the 31-year-old Kuemper, a source confirmed to ESPN on Wednesday.

The Avalanche also gave the Coyotes a conditional 2024 third-round draft choice.

Colorado was left desperate for a goaltender on the first day of NHL free agency, as 17 different goaltenders either received new contracts or were traded in a 24-hour span. That included Grubauer, the Avalanche's starter for three seasons who was a finalist for the Vezina Trophy last season.

The expansion Seattle Kraken signed Grubauer to a six-year deal worth $5.9 million annually.

"I don't think we expected Grubauer to get to free agency," said Seattle GM Ron Francis, "and we were fortunate enough to get him signed."

Kuemper has one year left on his contract at $4.5 million against the salary cap. The Coyotes are retaining $1 million of that to facilitate the trade, according to Sportsnet."

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
If Swayman wants anything north of what Sweeney has left on the cap (around 8.5) that makes him have to trade someone to get him his salary than I am more than fine with Kap and Bussi. I really like Swayman but he hasn’t been a full time goalie for a season yet and granted he did have a very good playoff, but most of the top paid goalies play like 75-85% of the regular season games. We don’t know if he can handle that mental grind yet.

Best thing to do, if his asking price is outrageous, is gamble at the start of the season. If one of Kap or Bussi look real good while Sway is sitting on the sideline it’s going to make him sweat big time. Of course it could swing the other way but it’s why it’s a gamble.

• Haha
Reactions: Horton Hears A Woo

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
If Swayman wants anything north of what Sweeney has left on the cap (around 8.5) that makes him have to trade someone to get him his salary than I am more than fine with Kap and Bussi. I really like Swayman but he hasn’t been a full time goalie for a season yet and granted he did have a very good playoff, but most of the top paid goalies play like 75-85% of the regular season games. We don’t know if he can handle that mental grind yet.

Best thing to do, if his asking price is outrageous, is gamble at the start of the season. If one of Kap or Bussi look real good while Sway is sitting on the sideline it’s going to make him sweat big time. Of course it could swing the other way but it’s why it’s a gamble.
On the flip side going from ullmark/sway to korpisalo/bussi could actually cause them to miss the playoffs. especially considering how many close games they had that went to OT that could just be regulation losses with korp/bussi

Reactions: Horton Hears A Woo

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
On the flip side going from ullmark/sway to korpisalo/bussi could actually cause them to miss the playoffs. especially considering how many close games they had that went to OT that could just be regulation losses with korp/bussi
It’s definitely comes with its risks, but Oct and a week or so into Nov won’t kill them in experimentation. Plus with Lindholm and Z our defense will be better. So that may also help with closing out close games

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I can feel myself slowly turning anti Swayman, someone bring me back to center please
Just wait until he signs and see what the number is. Are you anti-McAvoy? Anti Pastrnak? These contracts all took a while to sign and ultimately we’re all (mostly) happy to have them here. Same thing will happen with Swayman. He wants to be here. We want him here. He will be here.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I can feel myself slowly turning anti Swayman, someone bring me back to center please

He will sign by game 1 don’t worry.

For perspective Tyler Johnson PTO got 6 pages in 24 hours. Everything is amplified because its the worst part of the hockey year

Reactions: NeelyDan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad