Prospect Info: 2024 prospect tournament in LA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

mogambomoroo

Sponsor
Oct 12, 2020
Gosh what a beautiful game, even though it doesn't count as a real NHL game it was damn beautiful.
Sharks dominated and won, big thanks to MG and the scouts for building such a prospect pool for us to enjoy. Can't wait for Colorado game and the pre season ones. Regular season is whole another story to follow.

mogambomoroo

Sponsor
Oct 12, 2020
Agreed. I feel like at worst he's going to be Darnell Nurse 2.0.
Hoping for a Pietroangelo 2.0, but wouldn't be mad if he becomes Nurse 2.0.
In case we have Pietro, it helps us win the cup sooner than later, if Nurse 2.0 we'll need to find some pieces like Bouchard/Ekholm to come close.

Reactions: karltonian

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
Based on this tournament so far Musty and Halttunen are nowhere near pro ready.
71332373-c3fd-47ae-9e87-a07e7d52c252_text.gif

sampler

Aug 3, 2018
my thoughts:

1. Dick: Looks great, and making alot of small plays. Obvious;y the 2-1 shutdown was nice, but did you guys catch the little shoulder off the puck on the back check? He looks great...

2. Musty: hate to say it, but hes not there just yet. Hes gunna need to get much better in his own zone. Too many soft D-zone plays. This doesnt mean he needs to go back to the O, but he will need some coaching on winning those point battles against opposition D.

3. I wanna see a haltunnen bomb! I was waiting for it on the PP but it never came :-(

4. Cagnoni is obviously dangerous. hard to tell how he is doing defensively. he'll be one to watch in A, but interesting since they have thompson, Shuldt, etc seemingly above him.

5. Havent seen a whole lot from bystedt.

6. Smith has a nice calm presence, wish he buried those PP shots, but still a nice control of the game. Id like to see more there tho too.

Overall a bit disappointed by the Smith-haltunnen-Musty line as I wanna see them dominate every shift. They have spent some long ones in their own zone, so I wanna see more there...

No one player is clearly dominating though. No one clearly looks a whole level above.

I should add, Graf looks great. He too has great vision and nice skating and could have a nice year.
I guess musty decided to dominate :) defense, what’s defense when you put up a trick and four points and just dominate :)

Glad to see that top line break out in the third. Musty and halts sure know how to bury it.

Sharks too kids looked like top kids. Musty smith Halttunnen came alive. Cagnoni and Dickinson were very strong in the back end. All without celly and against a highly ranked ducks farm too…

I would love to see musty make the team. If they shore up the dzone winger play, his size and ability to bury are pretty impressive.

Star Platinum

May 11, 2024
It’s insane to me that Pronman harps on Musty so much and a lot of it because of his skating. He looks quick and smooth out there, obviously NHL speed is different but I think his skating looks good
Personally, I'm not at all impressed by either Wheeler or Pronman. I think he has his head up his ass in regards to Musty's skating. The thing about Musty I'm more concerned about is his tendency to float through the game not making much of an impact on it when the puck isn't on his stick.

But goals 5 and 6 were impressive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad