Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Dermott on a PTO, Will We See More PTO's? Can We Get Some Toughness Too Please?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I'm hoping that we can get Schultz and maybe a guy like Matt Martin to bolster the lineup before the season starts. Kane's presence will be sorely missed and Schultz is a guy that has gotten a ton of experience since leaving here.

Reactions: McDoused

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
1721617977504427.png

ROOOOOOO! ROOOOOO! ROOOO-*cough cough* ROOOOO! ROO-*sneeze* ROOOOOO! *grumble*

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Only because I saw it posted at the end of the last topic, the Oilers home record was 8-4 last playoffs, not 7-5.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
If Andersson is available, I wouldn't overthink it. Put Kane on LTIR and figure out the cap later. Someone else will probably be injured by then.
It’s a good fit. Well, we should probably hope they like some of our prospects tomorrow.

I wonder what it would take for the Flames to retain a little bit. Even like 500k

Reactions: McDoused

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
If Kane goes on LTIR anyways and sits out for the season. Would be pretty dumb to have left one of the offersheet dudes go.

Too bad we couldn’t have assurances of his corruption like Stone gives Vegas.

Reactions: CanadasTeam99

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
If Kane goes on LTIR anyways and sits out for the season. Would be pretty dumb to have left one of the offersheet dudes go.

Putting Kane on LTIR now doesn't make sense unless someone lf Anderssons caliber becomes available.

Andersson is a substantially better player than Broberg and would cost the same against the cap (or less if Calgary retains).

Not matching gave the Oilers the flexibility to make a move like this. Grabbing a cost controlled RHD for 2 full seasons is worth it. Waiting around until the deadline might be riskier than putting Kane on LTIR.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I'm hoping that we can get Schultz and maybe a guy like Matt Martin to bolster the lineup before the season starts. Kane's presence will be sorely missed and Schultz is a guy that has gotten a ton of experience since leaving here.
Matin signed a PTO elswhere

It is the second years of those contracts that were the problem--not the first

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
If Conroy traded Andersson to the Oilers and we won the Cup, he’d never hear the end of it.

For that reason I don’t see it happening unless we overpay significantly.

Conroy wouldn't move Tanev for us either, so I'd be stunned if he even said yes to trading Andersson here. He's as petty as the inbreds on CP.

• Haha
Reactions: FiveFourteenSixOne

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Conroy wouldn't move Tanev for us either, so I'd be stunned if he even said yes to trading Andersson here. He's as petty as the inbreds on CP.
From what I remember from the trade deadline talk, Tanev was offered the opportunity to go to Edmonton and turned it down in favor of Dallas rather than Conroy and the Flames not wanting to make a move with the Oilers.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Martin already signed a PTO with the Islanders (shocker) but I agree with the idea, the Oilers need a shit disturber in the bottom 6 one that can play a bit like Martin for instance. They do have Perry but I doubt he's an everyday player.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad