Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman III- still nothing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
If Whitney’s source is correct, the 4x$6.2 is likely just a negotiating offer and they expect to pay higher AAV for more years.

But if they hold to the 4 years, I find it funny they showed restraint on term when signing the 25 year old after signing all the new guys this summer to contracts that pay them high AAVs into their mid 30s.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Halifax
This situation has just been fumbled to f***.

You have Ullmark, who loves Boston, signed for one more year, one year removed from being the vezina trophy winner. He's traded to Ottawa, for a 1st and Korpisalo who earns 3 million this season and 3 more after that.

You have Swayman, who had his feelings hurt last summer in arbitration. One would think a deal would be close after trading Ullmark. You would be wrong

Now we have a situation where Swayman has become very public with negotiations, saying he's doing it on behalf of the goaltenders etc etc etc. He knows that the cap is going up and he's a "business man" and he's going to get what he's worth, now and in the future.

1. Why would we trade Ullmark if we didn't have Swayman in the bag?
2. 4 years of Korpisalo at 3 million, looks like a dog's breakfast after last season's performance.
3. If Swayman isn't here to be a Bruin, which the culture has been take a bit less to ice the best possible team they can, send his ass packing asap. If there's a deal done that's fair and it's minor things holding it up like lockout guaranteed money, than I retract what I said about him, and claim ignorance to the fine details behind the scene.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Then he's not worth what he's (reported) asking .
Going from 4.5 to 8-9 a year to see if he has it in him to play 10 more games.....hmmmmm.

What would be hilarious is we give him say 8+ for x amount of years and Sorokin equals his stats or even out plays him.

Where do you rank him among goalies in the league? Sorokin is 5th in the league among goalie AAV with 8.25 per year. When shesterkin gets paid. Sorokins 8.25 per year will be 6th in the league and Jake oettinger might make sorokin the 7th highest AAV goalie contract.

So if you believe he’s roughly a top 8 goalie than he’s worth about $8m+ AAV

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010

You have Ullmark, who loves Boston, signed for one more year, one year removed from being the vezina trophy winner. He's traded to Ottawa, for a 1st and Korpisalo who earns 3 million this season and 3 more after that.

You have Swayman, who had his feelings hurt last summer in arbitration. One would think a deal would be close after trading Ullmark. You would be wrong

Now we have a situation where Swayman has become very public with negotiations, saying he's doing it on behalf of the goaltenders etc etc etc. He knows that the cap is going up and he's a "business man" and he's going to get what he's worth, now and in the future.

2. 4 years of Korpisalo at 3 million, looks like a dog's breakfast after last season's performance.
3. If Swayman isn't here to be a Bruin, which the culture has been take a bit less to ice the best possible team they can, send his ass packing asap. If there's a deal done that's fair and it's minor things holding it up like lockout guaranteed money, than I retract what I said about him, and claim ignorance to the fine details behind the scene.
My dogs eat quite a bit better than that, thank you

• Haha
Reactions: BMC and NeelyDan

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

We are all ignorant to the fine details behind the scenes.

Really need to get the whole story before calling the situation a fumble.

Knight

Oct 7, 2010
I really don't understand what folks are worried about. The Bruins always keep things close to the vest so most of the speculation/rumors just seem like clickbait until we get closer to the start of the season.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Are you actually arguing that Jacobs is a cheap bastard that only cares about money but only the amount of money that is earned from not winning the whole thing?

This cheap argument is so tired. Not to mention 20 years old.
No im saying he’s satisfied with what they are doing playoff wise which hasn’t been much but again, 1 cup in 52 years

• Haha
Reactions: BBruins

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
So you would give management an F for going all in for the 2023 run despite the team shitting the bed? I’m critical of Sweeney and co. as well but come on man, such a one-dimensional view of success.
1 Cup in 53 years is pretty much complete failure. We have the Leafs to make things easier but that record sucks. Granted Harry Sinden was in charge for at least half of that.

By the way I am looking forward to this season and the Bruins being a tougher team and more of a team built to win in the playoffs, I in no way consider them a favorite to win the Cup.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Three goalies started over 60 games last year and one of them was Georgiev who had to given the backup situation.

Only five goalies started more than 55 games.

Shesterkin and Sorokin had 55 starts. Oettinger 53.

This idea that he has to start 60+ to earn his money is old school thinking - best case for the Bruins is they’re able to keep his starts at 55 or under.
55/27 is objective

Swayman plays 55 (prorated probably)
Korpi 27

Bussi gets 12 or so till Sway returns December 1st

• Haha
Reactions: Pia8988

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
So their track record of success isn't judged on championships? Laughable.

The fans acceptance of mediocrity is the problem and one of the biggest reasons they've won so few cups in 50+ years. They stopped going and the organization went out and spent money on Chara and Savard, which lead them to their only Cup win. Pretty amazing that fact is lost on you.
The fans are on of the biggest reasons the team hasn't won that many cups, that's certainly a take. FFS if only I cheered harder during Game 7 in 2019.

Too bad we don't have as many fans like you, imagine how many more cups us fans could have won by being angry with management

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad