Confirmed with Link: Jeff Skinner -- Bought Out 6/29/24

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Skinner's overpaid, but he's still valuable to the team. There's zero doubt in my mind he's a leader in that locker-room. He's fiesty on the ice, jumps in a scrum to back up his teammates, and has a really fun energy about him.

Obviously, he's a really, really good player offensively. The defensive side is still lacking, and likely always will be. He also makes some boneheaded decisions with the puck on his stick.

Overall, as long as we have a boatload of cap space, then Im happy to have him on the team!

Skinner was the guy who walked by Boosh's post game interview after the OT winner in Tampa playing Gummi Bear on his phone.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Skinner is 4th in the NHL in 5v5 goals over the last two seasons. Since Krueger was fired (last 192 Sabres games), Skinner is 8th in the league in 5v5 goals, still very elite even strength production:

1684503273300.png

f*** you Ralph

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Skinners contract needs an asterisk since it was a pre covid extension when we thought the cap would be millions higher then it is today. Considering he didn't want to leave we bid against ourselves but how do you let a guy who just scored 40 goals walk away? He is overpaid by 2 million. ES goal scoring is the most important aspect and he is ELITE at it.

His skill at drawing penalties is also very underrated. He is just a treat to watch.

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020
When we talk about how likable this team is, we're talking about Skinner's (and Tuch's) positive personality diffusing through the whole squad.

He's clearly a really smart guy who has a unique point of view. I wonder what he's gonna do next year.

Bet it'll be fun.

Reactions: Tijuana Donkey Show

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
I’d like to see the world where he was traded at the deadline when it was clear they were out and then resigned.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
I hope after his contract ends he gets the okposo treatment ala smaller contracts to keep him around

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
I think Granato is the only coach who got 2 good season out of Skinner in a row.
Another "unlock" by Donny

Reactions: Jacob582

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad