Confirmed with Link: Jeff Skinner -- Bought Out 6/29/24

Jim Carr's Rug

Jan 16, 2006
Denver
Been mulling this over for a few days.
It's kind of a bummer.
I like Skinner but...

it's like the Sabres are stuck in a hole and the only tool they have to help get themselves out is a shovel.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Shannon is a fickle close-minded elitist Canadian snob. His takes are always one note, and he hypocritically stepped all over his initial comments and back stepped several times. The cap this, they're not a market that.

thewookie1

Jan 21, 2015

Why does Shannon hate the Sabres so much?

I still remember him say Kane and ROR were worthless on the trade market yet we got too little for them according to him.

Skinner literally has no relation to Leino and yet he immediately pulls out that name.

Reactions: Dingo44

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
As a Sabres fan who has grown up in Toronto, a lot of the Toronto media hate the Sabres. Glenn Healy, Shannon, Damian Cox are among the worst offenders. They take joy in dumping on them with little fact to back it up.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
10/20/2018: Skinner scores more goals in one game than Leino will score during the entirety of the 2012/2013 and 2013/2014 seasons. Not sure where the similarities start or end regarding these two individuals.

That was literally the dumbest argument against the Skinner deal I've heard to date.

Skinner had as many goals last season as Leino had over his entire NHL career.

Reactions: Chainshot

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015

They tout how they are carrying the Skinner press conference, and then they cut it off like 2 minutes in and John Murphy says “and there ya go. The Jeff Skinner press conference”

Meanwhile the press conference went on for another 10+ minutes.

Why even bother carrying it if you’re going to show all of 2 minutes of it? How stupid.

Thankfully I had the Sabres site open on the computer so I didn’t end up missing it. But I’m sure other people were relying on WGR to be able to watch/listen.

(Sorry Taro, this isn’t directed at you...lol)

Reactions: sabremike

Tatre

Jan 12, 2019
They tout how they are carrying the Skinner press conference, and then they cut it off like 2 minutes in and John Murphy says “and there ya go. The Jeff Skinner press conference”

Meanwhile the press conference went on for another 10+ minutes.

Why even bother carrying it if you’re going to show all of 2 minutes of it? How stupid.

Thankfully I had the Sabres site open on the computer so I didn’t end up missing it. But I’m sure other people were relying on WGR to be able to watch/listen.

(Sorry Taro, this isn’t directed at you...lol)
They probably realized it wouldn't be all that interesting

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Why does Shannon hate the Sabres so much?

I still remember him say Kane and ROR were worthless on the trade market yet we got too little for them according to him.

Skinner literally has no relation to Leino and yet he immediately pulls out that name.

If an HF poster said the kind of things Shannon does, they'd get lit up for trolling. No point in taking anything he says about the team seriously.

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
We got a trademark Skinner smile, the kind that brightens my day. Press conference was a success.

Reactions: Aladyyn

Butt Ox

Oct 24, 2006
Luddite Island
That was literally the dumbest argument against the Skinner deal I've heard to date.

Skinner had as many goals last season as Leino had over his entire NHL career.
Not aimed at Skinner but I found the statement that the players themselves led to PH's firing equally contentious. Not his own meager bag of useless hawkey f***ery. Please show me the line waiting to hire PH as a head coach, right :laugh:

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
Not aimed at Skinner but I found the statement that the players themselves led to PH's firing equally contentious. Not his own meager bag of useless hawkey ****ery. Please show me the line waiting to hire PH as a head coach, right :laugh:
He's probably confusing Phil with Disco since they're both shit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad