GDT: Jays Coaching Couch - Game 2 - Oilers v Canucks - 8 PM SN, HNIC

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I’m curious how much a goaltending coach makes. May not be enough to entice good coaches and former oilers like Essensa or Ranford to come back here over alternatives. Or maybe Katz isn’t willing to pay up. Or maybe the Oilers legit think Schwartz is the best guy for the job.
Could be a pride thing, I don't know. Many of the Oilers hires don't make sense.

The Canucks have a very good goalie coach and that's part of the reason they usually have a goalie or two that's better than what we have.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Could be a pride thing, I don't know. Many of the Oilers hires don't make sense.

The Canucks have a very good goalie coach and that's part of the reason they usually have a goalie or two that's better than what we have.
Yeh Canucks. Boston is another organization that always seems to find and develop goalies, Essensa's been there for years.

JeffSkinner53

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
Why start Skinner when the team absolutely laid an egg in front of Campbell? Skinner better do well or he should be the #2 for awhile because he was shit in relief and the preseason.
The plan was always Skinner for game 2 apparently

The nuges are ready

Can't believe Nuge is 30 and a dad. Time goes by so fast.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
VD was probably our best Dman last game. I’d be scratching any of the 5 other guys that player last game over him.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
How did Ekholm get a hip injury during the offseason anyway?

inb4 someone says “too much thrusting.” Although that would fit the theme of this GDT.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
oilers/nhl site is saying this is on HNIC, City tv, and snw.. but I only see it on snw which I don’t have at this place I’m sitting :(

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
This sounds like made up BS lol
“It’s a thing that went on over the summer. I’ve had one training program for 12 years, more than that, (then) you come to a new team with new trainers and new staff that implement new stuff and I think this was more just an accident.”

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Is Ekholm playing ?
Seems like it? Even though it sounded like he is still nursing it a bit. I don't know why he or the team would force it if it's just going to exacerbate things. And of course, the geniuses on the team gave Ekholm a new training regimen which caused the issue in the first f***ing place. Bunch of f***ing idiots running this franchise, STILL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad