GDT: Jays Coaching Couch - Game 2 - Oilers v Canucks - 8 PM SN, HNIC

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
How did he even hurt himself? That stupid pickleball tourney?

He said it was training in the off season with a new training regimen the Oilers gave him. He said he wasn’t used to it after doing a decade of a different regimen with the Preds.

So basically the rule of “If it ain’t broke don’t fix it” was ignored by the Oilers proving once again that the Oilers management excel at trying to be the smartest guys in the room but with a 45 IQ.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Thanks for a great GDT with effort put into it and a good chuckle. Miss them.

I always believed Nurse Bouchard was going to be a pre-season construct to help build up Broberg with some on-ice tutelage with Ekholm. But once the real bullets started flying that green banana 1 Bouchard would go back with Ekholm while green banana 2 would slot in at 3RD.

Thanks. Best I could do before my 9AM Honeydoo list kicked in.

Was hoping Nurse would have accepted a rewire and play a conservative defensively aware game paired with Bouchard but I’m not sure he’s capable especially when Bouchard pulls a bomb of epic proportions like he did Wednesday.

Ekholm tutoring Broberg would have been nice during the preseason at the very least.

Either way we will need a top 4 RD as the season progresses.

Reactions: Behind Enemy Lines

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
tenor.gif

This was likely decided way in advance if that’s any consolation.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I know there is some talk about Woodcroft and weather or not hes the guy to lead us to a cup, I know that talk ratcheted up after the last game ( I think its all dumb though hes been a fantastic coach for us) Tonights game win or lose however is ALL on the players. If they win and win big GREAT it shows pride and a desire to be the best, if they lose its ALL on them for not showing up and taking care of business. Tonights game in no way reflects on the coach, coaching staff or management. It's all on the players to show passion and tell us fans that the offseason wasn't just all talk. They need to step up and after an 8-1 ass kicking, the players are on notice here.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I know there is some talk about Woodcroft and weather or not hes the guy to lead us to a cup, I know that talk ratcheted up after the last game ( I think its all dumb though hes been a fantastic coach for us) Tonights game win or lose however is ALL on the players. If they win and win big GREAT it shows pride and a desire to be the best, if they lose its ALL on them for not showing up and taking care of business. Tonights game in no way reflects on the coach, coaching staff or management. It's all on the players to show passion and tell us fans that the offseason wasn't just all talk. They need to step up and after an 8-1 ass kicking, the players are on notice here.
The players shouldn't need a coach to get them pumped for game 1 of the regular season.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
The players shouldn't need a coach to get them pumped for game 1 of the regular season.
Thats kind of my point just more directed towards game 2 ( game 1 is over and not worth talking about at this point), because lets face it, if the oilers lose tonight this board will be up in arms over the management and coaching staff if the past is any indication, im saying its on the players.

Reactions: Tobias Kahun

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
He said it was training in the off season with a new training regimen the Oilers gave him. He said he wasn’t used to it after doing a decade of a different regimen with the Preds.

So basically the rule of “If it ain’t broke don’t fix it” was ignored by the Oilers proving once again that the Oilers management excel at trying to be the smartest guys in the room but with a 45 IQ.
Apparently I should have read down a few posts to read this.

"You've developed into a premier d-man in this league. But let's change this bullshit offseason training program you've done for years and start ours."

Sounds like something Schwartz probably had his fingerprints on too. First all goalies, now the d-men.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Gonna put a few beans down on the Canucks tonight with no Ekholm.

The good news: whenever I bet against my favorite teams to lose THEY WIN (evil genius laughter ensues)!!

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Fair enough then. Knee-jerk reaction lol.

Both goalies consistently praise him in media interviews
Thats nice, I don't expect them to come out and bash him.

Gonna put a few beans down on the Canucks tonight with no Ekholm.

The good news: whenever I bet against my favorite teams to lose THEY WIN (evil genius laughter ensues)!!
I did this in the playoffs.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Woody and whether. He doesn't make the weather. ;)

Its a team sport. The players should play for themselves, each other, for the coaches, org and foremost for the goalies backstopping behind them.

It kind of irks me that the team knew that Campbell struggled last season at times and they couldn't come out better for him? That suggests that team concept here isn't exactly complete. Not trying to draw too much from it but ffs play for your goalies at least.

Reactions: Myride

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
If we go by your logic David, that would be making the large leap that the players have memories that last beyond 3 games.:D

If I had to bet on a team winning a game, this one would be right up there.
Which team though? 🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad