GDT: Jays Coaching Couch - Game 2 - Oilers v Canucks - 8 PM SN, HNIC

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
Gonna put a few beans down on the Canucks tonight with no Ekholm.

The good news: whenever I bet against my favorite teams to lose THEY WIN (evil genius laughter ensues)!!

That a take one for the team!

It always feels like the Oilers are a box of chocolates. I never know what the hell they'll do. They're capable of such polar play. From wretched to world beaters... from tough and physical to meek and timid.

They're the most entertaining team in hockey and not always for the right reasons haha.

I guess if I had to predict something with my gut is that they do play better, hell how can they not. But they have long..... long.... long way to go from that game. It's not like they've got a game to get back to either, since they haven't really established one yet. I can see a close game the Oilers beat themselves at in the end.

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
I expect Mcdavid to be pissed out the gate. I really hope they blow em out and than throw on the first unit for a late game pp.
Woody wouldn't do that. He is too nice. McDavid looked pissed last game too to start. Look how that ended up.

If the boys can get their heads out of their a**es, they can win it.

McSomnii

why u no change oil
Nov 3, 2012
Little Houston, AB
Admittedly, there's a small part of me that would be interested in seeing the fan reaction should the Oilers come out flat and lose in ugly fashion yet again. The drama after game 2 (of 82) would be pretty entertaining in its own right.

That said, I don't think that there's any chance of this team coming out with another effort like Wednesday's abominable showing.

Well, unless they have no pride.

That would be unfortunate indeed.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Expecting a W tonight. Welcome back to the Viking!

BAE7D2BA-5761-4A93-9DF8-07CF8222F2E7.gif

Reactions: dssource

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
So much for Campbell's preseason confidence. Skinner's a starter again.
Let’s see if we see the Dusty traits…

1) Make yourself as small possible
2)Make your glove the weak spot
3) Struggle with point shots
4) The other side of the net is so far away- take your time getting there
5) Goaltending is played on the knees…not matter what.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Schwartz has more tenure than Singh. You guess which one.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Welcome to our first ever edition of The Coaching Couch, with Jay Woodcroft.

View attachment 752611

First lesson - The Power Stance

View attachment 752613

Second Lesson - The Power Stance on National Television after you eliminate your provincial rivals

View attachment 752614

Third Lesson - Look Hard Point Hard on National Television

View attachment 752615

Fourth Lesson - Look Good on National Television

View attachment 752616

Fifth Lesson - Feel Good On National Television

View attachment 752617

Sixth Lesson - Manage the Day On National Television

View attachment 752618

Final Lesson - Dont Get Blown Out 8-1 In The First Game Of The Season On National Television Being The Odds On Favourite To Win The Stanley Cup And After Talking Non Stop To Whoever Will Listen About Lesson 6

View attachment 752621

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:edmonton Projected Lines - will update once confirmed

Kane - McDavid - Brown
RNH - Draisaitl - Hyman
Holloway - McLeod - Foegele
Erne - Janmark - Ryan

Nurse - Ceci
Ekholm - Bouchard
Kulak - Broberg

Skinner confirmed

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:nucks Projected Lines - will update once confirmed

Kuzmenko - Pettersson - Garland
Di Guiseppe - Miller - Boeser
Joshua - Suter - Beauvillier
Hoglander - Lafferty - Studnicka

Hughes - Hronek
Cole - Myers
Hirose - Juulsen

Soucy is a game time decision.

DeSmith confirmed

Fearless Prediction

The Oilers will redeem themselves and Manage This Day.

Oilers 5 - Canucks 2

GDT Music

Twisted Sister - Were Not Gonna Take It

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

respect-hat.gif

• Love
Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Let’s see if we see the Dusty traits…

1) Make yourself as small possible
2)Make your glove the weak spot
3) Struggle with point shots
4) The other side of the net is so far away- take your time getting there
5) Goaltending is played on the knees…not matter what.
6) Make sure to play the puck in every situation even if it puts your team in danger

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Just being a local guy seems to be it.
The fact he was hired simply because he was the Oil Kings goaltending coach is just blind nepotism and nothing more. I even tried to grill some of the Oilers writers on twitter about him and they were just like "Why fire him? He's beloved blah blah blah".

f*** that shit, he's not good at his job. When you're not good at your job you get fired.

Reactions: Mav3rick07

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
The fact he was hired simply because he was the Oil Kings goaltending coach is just blind nepotism and nothing more. I even tried to grill some of the Oilers writers on twitter about him and they were just like "Why fire him? He's beloved blah blah blah".

f*** that shit, he's not good at his job. When you're not good at your job you get fired.

I’m curious how much a goaltending coach makes. May not be enough to entice good coaches and former oilers like Essensa or Ranford to come back here over alternatives. Or maybe Katz isn’t willing to pay up. Or maybe the Oilers legit think Schwartz is the best guy for the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad