GDT: Jan 31/13 | Capitals @ Maple Leafs |7:00PM EST| Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
With all the love going around for Frattin and Kadri, Trollmarov deserves a mention for going hard to the net creating space for the other 2. Just a beautiful play all around.

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Oh please, there isnt much in common between Sundin/Kadri. Sundin was not a "rush rush" type player, Sundin had a lethal shot and he would create plays by using his size to back defenders off, many times even carrying one or two on his back before shoveling off a pass to a linemate. Kadri isn't any of those things, Kadri relies on stickhandling and patience to make things happen, he doesnt have the strength to pull off Sundin esque plays. IMO Kadri reminds me a bit of Gimour though.

I wasn't comparing the player type, I was comparing them as far as team status players. Both Gilmour and Sundin were similar "build your team/offense around him" types. :facepalm:

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
It was a bit of exaggeration and sarcasm on my part. A broken, off balance play of that caliber was pretty sweet.

Also I meant for this team, not the entire league.

For me the nicest play so far this year for the Leafs was the pass to Grabovski all alone for the ankle-breaker on Lundqvist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad