News and Blog Report: Training camp & Preseason News & Notes

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Agreed it’s very akin to the Duncan Keith thing they want another proven leader.

They might even want Perry more, he seems like he's pretty vocal and will tear a strip off anyone, probably JJ was told straight up by Connor/Leon or Connor himself to bring him back. Keith was a leader too but I think he's one of those more silent leader types.

Watching him chew out Kane even I was like "whoa, calm down buddy".

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
I honestly don't give a shit about how a coach sounds in pressers. Daryl Sutter sounds like a caveman.

Even with Knoblaugh, he was so soft spoken in his first pressers here I initially thought "man this guy is too nice, he might be in trouble in the big leagues".

It's all about your systems and what you let slide as a coach and what you don't let slide. And how you can build players up but also hold them accountable.
I honestly even find it somewhat encouraging when a coach isn't the best or most charismatic speaker.

It shows they got to where they are thanks to their results rather than some snake oil they hustled.

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
I honestly even find it somewhat encouraging when a coach isn't the best or most charismatic speaker.

It shows they got to where they are thanks to their results rather than some snake oil they hustled.
I believe that if Todd Nelson was a smoother talker and better at selling himself he'd have coached over 500 NHL games by now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad