Former Bruins Jakub Lauko

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Love Lauko out there, almost every shift using that speed forces the opponents into making a play they wouldn`t if a slower player was on the forecheck.
Imo he has more skills to bring to the table

BUT looks like he is sticking to the basic stuff/low risk plays

Maybe he understands what it takes(for now) to stick to the parent club. Glad he wasnt discouraged (no choice but to send him down (cap). And he still plays the same way he did in November

Powerful skater/fast.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

TORONTO — Four years into his pro career, Jakub Lauko, 22, still has age on his side. NCAA Division 1 hockey is stacked with seniors identical in age, kids who have yet to dip their boots into the day-to-day working world of skate and shoot.

Lauko, in the lineup for the Bruins Wednesday night against the Maple Leafs, suited up for only the eighth game of his NHL career. A third-round draft pick (No. 77) in 2018, he made his NHL debut on opening night (Oct. 12) this season, potted his first goal on Nov. 1, then found himself back with AHL Providence less than a week later.

“Worked on the defensive side of my game,” Lauko said prior to taking the ice at Scotiabank Arena, nearly three months after being demoted to Providence. “I think I improved a lot as the season went along, my plus-minus, my forecheck.”

Work along the boards, where Brad Marchand is a master craftsman, is often an area where newbie wingers such as Lauko must improve to turn promotions into steady NHL employment.

According to Lauko, assistant Providence coach Trent Whitfield made work along the wall a consistent point of emphasis.

“He loves those drills, so we did it every practice,” noted Lauko. “We had a meeting about it before the start of the season, and how Marchy works along the boards — the way he gets pucks and accelerates out with it.”

Lauko said he expects to join his Providence teammates Thursday or Friday. Then wait for the phone to ring from area code 617.

“I guess I’ll be joining them,” he said, referring to the Baby B’s. “But I don’t know yet.”

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

TORONTO — Four years into his pro career, Jakub Lauko, 22, still has age on his side. NCAA Division 1 hockey is stacked with seniors identical in age, kids who have yet to dip their boots into the day-to-day working world of skate and shoot.

Lauko, in the lineup for the Bruins Wednesday night against the Maple Leafs, suited up for only the eighth game of his NHL career. A third-round draft pick (No. 77) in 2018, he made his NHL debut on opening night (Oct. 12) this season, potted his first goal on Nov. 1, then found himself back with AHL Providence less than a week later.

“Worked on the defensive side of my game,” Lauko said prior to taking the ice at Scotiabank Arena, nearly three months after being demoted to Providence. “I think I improved a lot as the season went along, my plus-minus, my forecheck.”

Work along the boards, where Brad Marchand is a master craftsman, is often an area where newbie wingers such as Lauko must improve to turn promotions into steady NHL employment.

According to Lauko, assistant Providence coach Trent Whitfield made work along the wall a consistent point of emphasis.

“He loves those drills, so we did it every practice,” noted Lauko. “We had a meeting about it before the start of the season, and how Marchy works along the boards — the way he gets pucks and accelerates out with it.”

Lauko said he expects to join his Providence teammates Thursday or Friday. Then wait for the phone to ring from area code 617.

“I guess I’ll be joining them,” he said, referring to the Baby B’s. “But I don’t know yet.”
Hopefully it's just temporary due to the all star break. And he will be recalled once games resume

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

A player mentioning plus/minus?

Can't wait for the reaction to that.

Almanil

Nov 18, 2017
I think at the moment Smith is more versatile solution but in the fourth line Lauko seems to be a better fit than Smith who I feel is somewhat effective only in top 9 role.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Unreal goal last night

Kid brings something this team doesn’t have - he’s like an amped up dog at doggy day care hunting pucks and using speed

Be interesting to see if survives trade deadline

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
i've been quietly banging the Lauko drum since his draft and I think he's an excellent add for a playoff run especially against teams like carolina - if hall is out long term then lauko might be able to replace his goal scoring threat

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
One of the problems with this guy is that he's loose with his stick. He was close to taking two hooking penalties last night, he needs to use his feet, not his stick.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
If it's between him and Greer, it's gotta be Lauko until the situation dictates otherwise. With the recent adds I just don't see that situation presenting itself.

It's no knock on Greer. He busts his ass and I think he would have some jump in a playoff game. Lauko is simply the better plug n play guy

whitetape

Jun 3, 2006
If it's between him and Greer, it's gotta be Lauko until the situation dictates otherwise. With the recent adds I just don't see that situation presenting itself.

It's no knock on Greer. He busts his ass and I think he would have some jump in a playoff game. Lauko is simply the better plug n play guy
Don't agree. They're both good, but Greer is a bit more creative offensively, while Lauko brings a bit more bulk and physicality (because of the bulk, not willingness to be physical, which both have equally). They are both valuable insurance for a playoff run.

Reactions: Kegs

PastaBaked

May 8, 2021
Lauko is definitely one for 2023/4 where we'll be needing an influx if young, cost-effective (okay....cheap) players to fill out the lower end of the roster.

I think next season our bottom 6 might look like:

3rd Line: Hathaway-Open-Frederic
4th Line: Lauko-Open-Greer

Perhaps Frederic might move to either centre position. Next years Bruins should be a great opportunity for young guys to rub shoulders with some elite players (and also defending the Stanley Cup!)

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Lauko is definitely one for 2023/4 where we'll be needing an influx if young, cost-effective (okay....cheap) players to fill out the lower end of the roster.

I think next season our bottom 6 might look like:

3rd Line: Hathaway-Open-Frederic
4th Line: Lauko-Open-Greer

Perhaps Frederic might move to either centre position. Next years Bruins should be a great opportunity for young guys to rub shoulders with some elite players (and also defending the Stanley Cup!)
I can see Coyle being traded, and Frederic taking 3rd line Center.
Is that the best solution , probably not, but to sign more important players, Coyle might be the one
going, and Frederic right now seems to be the best option for 3rd line center.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Time to give Lauko the next two games. Sit Greer one night and Frederic the next.
If the guy keeps producing rotate he and Greer. Greer is feeling the heat and is playing like it.

• Love
Reactions: Blowfish

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I like this idea however Greer is working Frederic has gone blah again...Sorry Freddy fans it's true.
You make sure to let us know whenever he goes cold....2 points in his last 4, only 2 points since Hall got hurt.

Think it has a lot more to do with Hall being hurt than it does with Freddy being 'blah'.

I do agree though, wouldn't mind him sitting a few games and letting Lauko draw in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad