Former Bruins Jakub Lauko

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Stats can be deceiving but the only things that stand out positively from Lauko's junior/minor record are his shortened 2020-21 season in Providence pre-injury, and that one year in the QMJHL when he absolutely tore it up. Nothing else screams obvious NHL talent. He has that genuine speed though, and some tenacity. With some good hockey smarts and consistent effort that might be enough to make it stick at this level. I don't think he's never going to score many goals - nothing about his play or past numbers suggests he's got that in him - but there's a place for a faster version of Joakim Nordstrom in this league if he keeps putting that motor to work and does all the little things well.

Unfortunately for Lauko he's going to be the type of player who's always having to prove he belongs, but all he can do is keep working hard and making his case. In his debut he was not overawed, and that's a good start.
imagine if Frederic had of played like he needed to prove he belongs?

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Dressing Lauko certainly seems to set a good model for what he's looking for from kids hoping to break in on those bottom lines. I can see why Frederic and Studnicka were healthy scratches and even, in a way, why McLaughlin was sent down.
Just a thought, would Cassidy put him out there opening night

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
that goal was excellent. There's alot of skill there to rip that in stride. If i remember correctly his disallowed goal displayed some hands too. I hope he can make it stick on the bottom six because come playoff times those hands might be able to pop a couple in.

Last edited:
Reactions: 22Brad Park

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

1667404005979.png

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Really like what I've seen from Lauko so far.

So happy for this kid that he made it after a few seasons of adversity. He works hard, and I'm glad it's being rewarded by not only the organization, but on the stat sheet as well.

Absolutely can be a 15g 3rd line guy who plays with a bit of an edge.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Really like what I've seen from Lauko so far.

So happy for this kid that he made it after a few seasons of adversity. He works hard, and I'm glad it's being rewarded by not only the organization, but on the stat sheet as well.

Absolutely can be a 15g 3rd line guy who plays with a bit of an edge.
Lauko repeatedly goes into the dirty areas. Skates hard towards it. Either dishing out hits or getting to the puck first and making simple plays.

Solid looking 4th line. Since Nordy Kuraly Wags 4th

whitetape

Jun 3, 2006
He makes up for the loss of Lazar. He may ping-pong back and forth to Providence because of his waiver status, but only because of that. He is an NHLer.

Reactions: rocketdan9

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Should be in the line-up every night.
Yup for sure .Kid gets punished for being a rook.Easy move for any coach .

He makes up for the loss of Lazar. He may ping-pong back and forth to Providence because of his waiver status, but only because of that. He is an NHLer.
He should play every game he is better then a few of them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad