Prospect Info: Jakob Pelletier, Left Wing, 26th Overall

BRobMint

Formerly known as Hockey Ninja
Apr 24, 2013
Cleveland, OH (Grew up in Calgary)

This Reddit user posted these two charts analyzing the top AHL forward prospects. Pelletier rates well as a dual threat in primary scoring and as a two way stud

1B01656A-0CD9-430B-9209-94F211658596.png

9179282C-ED06-454B-829F-7E562B9EEB4E.png

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Is this the year Pelts becomes a regular top 6 in the Flames lineup? Or is he another 1st round draft pick (not necessarily talking about the Flames) that just didn't pan out the way everyone hoped?

Last edited:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Is this the year Pelts becomes a regular top 6 in the Flames lineup? Or is he another 1st round draft pick (not necessarily talking about the Flames) that just didn't pan out the way everyone hoped?
Pelletier was always projected as middle 6, just like Zary and Coronato

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
He wasn't bad before he got injured but when he came back he was invisible. Hopefully he's healed properly and can get back on track but I've always expected him to be a middle 6 guy when he made it.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
My view is that he’ll be in tough to get top 9 minutes over Kuzmenko, Sharangovich, Kadri, Huberdeau, Zary, Coleman, Backlund, Mantha, Pospisil, and probably Coronato based on their showings late last year.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
My view is that he’ll be in tough to get top 9 minutes over Kuzmenko, Sharangovich, Kadri, Huberdeau, Zary, Coleman, Backlund, Mantha, Pospisil, and probably Coronato based on their showings late last year.
Top 9 minutes may not mean much, this team might run a top line and 3 "other" lines.

Especially if they're trying Popsicle at centre on the 4th line.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Top 9 minutes may not mean much, this team might run a top line and 3 "other" lines.

This is true. Would be completely on board with evening out the minutes up front.

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Huberdeau-Zary-Sharangovich
Kuzmenko-Kadri-Mantha
X-Backlund-Coleman
X-Pospisil-Lomberg

Coronato and Pelletier battle it out to earn that initial top 9 slot, then post Mantha trade they both can get inserted into a higher role depending on the winner.

I don’t think this is the season to just role 4 lines. If we really are trying to add picks while getting younger, play the top 6 in the most high minute roles to boost values. Eases the young guys in, while giving them a great opportunity when those older players/rentals are eventually moved for larger roles.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014

For as much as Sutter kinda went crazy near the end, I'm really glad he showed that rolling 1A/1B lines, rolling 3A and 3B lines and then 2A/2B defense pairings is a successful way to spread out talent or attempt to cover up weaknesses. I like this idea.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Pelletier's game is a perfect compliment to Backlund and Coleman. Start him there and give him time.

The kid's a gamer.
Coronato and Zary have also played strong 2-way games coming up. Pelts is likely a 4W to start the year though, playing with Pospisil and Rooney or Lomberg

Reactions: Fig

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad