Confirmed with Link: Travis Konecny Signs Eight Year Extension ($8.75M AAV w/ Six Years of NMC and 2 Years of M-NTC)

Danko

The Bearer of Bad Knees
Jul 28, 2004
By 26-27, the Flyers will have roughly 44.2 million tied up in

Fisto
Sanheim
Seeler
Couts
TK
Tippett
Farabee
Hathaway

Unreal
Seriously doubt at least 4 of those guys are here by then, and also cap likely to be increased.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
I mean... at least come out and say we arent rebuilding anymore. Be more truthful than everything you are currently doing.

To be fair though, Danny is literally doing the complete opposite of everything he is saying. Says you always go BPA during the draft to draft position need instead (and admit it).

Saying it's a rebuild while continuously signing and extending the current roster.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
By 26-27, the Flyers will have roughly 44.2 million tied up in

Fisto
Sanheim
Seeler
Couts
TK
Tippett
Farabee
Hathaway

Oh, and Michkov will starting his 2nd deal which probably won’t be cheap.

Unreal
Summer of 26 is when they think they’re going forward, which is now a year out from Michkov’s second contract. Which if he’s even close to what people are hoping, that’s $11m

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Should have waited until tomorrow to announce it. Then again, they look at this like a win. Hope TK ends up miserable after all the losing that is in the future.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
The quicker you all understand that the Flyers ownership doesn’t care all that much about winning and that the men at the top of the hockey ops department are woefully unqualified, the sooner the healing can begin.

This team is destined to flounder in mediocrity for the next decade and probably beyond. I’ll hang out here cause I like a lot of you degenerates and I dig spending time in the Quackverse, but when it comes to the Flyers, it’s time to stop giving a shit.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Technically speaking, I believe Fletcher is to blame for this extension if it goes poorly. Hextall was blamed for the players that Fletcher extended so just following that line of thinking.

He had no other choice. This isn't Xbox.

Hello to Elba

edit - wait that was another guy with the Xbox :laugh:

Reactions: PDX Flyer

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
The Flyers are an organization of the path of least resistance. It doesn’t matter if it’s Hextall, Fletcher, or Briere at this point. They all continually headed down that road considerably more times than not.
It's times like this I like to remind myself that one of the organization's mantras is "Safe Is Death."

It comforts me.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
It's times like this I like to remind myself that one of the organizations mantras is "Safe Is Death."

It comforts me.

This organization gets heart palpitations over the thought of trading an aging bad depth player at this point in Scott Laughton. So from that standpoint it’s not surprising everything else is pretty much nailed to the floor also.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Cap is going up $4-5M a year now that the escrow is paid off.
2025, $93M cap is 9.4% ($7.9M last season) the first year of his new deal.
So by 2028, $106M cap would be 8.25%.

A bit of an overpay, but looking at 5x5, he's 47th in 5x5 pp/60 over the last three seasons, so he has a strong track record - and he did that without a 1C (and you can argue without even a 2C).

This suggests to me they're not interested in the FA route and would rather build from within - extend the players they know at 26-28 rather than overpay for a FA they don't know at 29-30.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
I've banged the drum for TK to get paid. Honestly believed the Flyers would pay him more.

I don't hate it. They were never tearing this dilapidated building down to the bones, so I'm fine with putting money into something of actual value.

I can only hope that a different and more competent management group will be running this team when this contract potentially becomes a problem.

I'm happy he's sticking around. :surrender

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Charlie: “they don’t want to bottom out. They want to be competitive. They don’t want to pick top 5 next season”

It’s really all it comes down to. They just don’t have the balls for a real rebuild, and never will with the same Flyer family very much present.
Thinking they will be competitive is even funnier. Though their version differs from mine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad