Speculation: Jakob Chychrun being held out of the Coyotes lineup until a trade is completed

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
I totally realized that we could likely make the cap work without sending you guys salary back. Remove Mantha, what would it take in addition to get Schmaltz in the deal too?

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Do you think he's going to re-sign there after what's gone on over the last 2 years?

I doubt it. And he's probably made that pretty clear.

His contract is at the end of 2025, 2+ years is a long time from now. But FWIW I think his chance of signing here as a UFA depends a lot more on how our prospects develop.

Chychrun's only issue with Zona is that he wants to go to a winner (which is totally understandable). He gets along with the coaching staff, players, etc -- there is no tension whatsoever between him and the org. So if he stays it's not really an issue to anyone actually involved with the team.

Anyway if we're clearly building a winner at the time his contract is up, then yes I do think he will re-sign, or at least he'll consider it the the same way any other soon-to-be UFA does. So it really depends on who our prospects are and how well they develop. Imo far too early to know for certain either way.

But no, he hasn't "made it pretty clear that he won't re-sign." That's why Bill is not in a hurry / desperate to trade him. That's how all of this fits together

• Haha
Reactions: KingsOfThe805

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
I thought he requested a trade?
He specifically requested a trade to a contender. Keeping him would be terrible asset management, so would a non contender like Columbus trading for him. He has no interest in sticking around for a rebuild somewhere.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
All of Buffalo would beg to differ...

Adams is playing this smart, IMO. He's not desperate to do it, so he's slowly waiting everybody else out and his competition is dropping off as other teams land their d-men. While, AZ's hand his not forced, Chychrun's no trade kicks in and they just sat him publicly stating for a trade - its a little bit tough for them to renege and not trade. If Adams makes the deal, I think it'll end up being for the most affordable price he could have brokered.
The no trade kicks in after the draft.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
I thought he requested a trade?

Assuming you're asking the question honestly, here's what he said in media day before this season:

If the time stamp thing doesn't work, relevant part starts at 3:20 or so, Chych's answer takes about 3 minutes

Short version: Our GM Bill Armstrong was in the process of starting the rebuild ie trading everyone away, and at first had let all other teams know that Chychrun was the only untouchable player. Then Bill changed his mind and was like, "hey Jacob we're rebuilding, do you want to sit through this for the next few years or be dealt to a team that might win?" And Jacob thinks about it and is like, "yeah ok I'd rather go to a team who's fighting for the Stanley Cup" Which is completely reasonable.

There is literally no drama here, there never has been. That's the main reason Bill Armstrong hasn't been in a rush to deal him (and hasn't been dealt when he requested the trade early in the 2021-2022 season)

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
So who do we think gets FOMO first? The team trading for Chych because they just watched a bunch of other D get traded and start running out of options and are panicking? Or the team that currently owns Chych lowers their price because less and less buyers are present every time a D gets traded?

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Assuming you're asking the question honestly, here's what he said in media day before this season:

If the time stamp thing doesn't work, relevant part starts at 3:20 or so, Chych's answer takes about 3 minutes

Short version: Our GM Bill Armstrong was in the process of starting the rebuild ie trading everyone away, and at first had let all other teams know that Chychrun was the only untouchable player. Then Bill changed his mind and was like, "hey Jacob we're rebuilding, do you want to sit through this for the next few years or be dealt to a team that might win?" And Jacob thinks about it and is like, "yeah ok I'd rather go to a team who's fighting for the Stanley Cup" Which is completely reasonable.

There is literally no drama here, there never has been. That's the main reason Bill Armstrong hasn't been in a rush to deal him (and hasn't been dealt when he requested the trade early in the 2021-2022 season)

I am. And I'm not saying that there is drama. So if no trade happens, he's fine with finishing his contract in Arizona?

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
I am. And I'm not saying that there is drama. So if no trade happens, he's fine with finishing his contract in Arizona?

Sure seems that way to me (and our GM). And the vast majority of Yotes fans. Which is why none of us think there's any urgency to trade him.

Anyway I included the video link because body language matters, you can watch what he said / how he said it and you can decide for yourself whether you think there's any bad blood between him and the org and / or how much urgency is actually in the request to join another team.

To me, everything (incl this interview and others) seems to imply he generally likes being in Zona but feels like he should do what's right for his career if given the opportunity (remember our GM approached him first, not the other way around). No one in Zona thinks less of him for that -- we understand more than most how bad we've historically been. Whatever ends up happening with him, I really do hope he helps a team win a cup or two

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Chychrun should just collect his NHL pay; then nextflix and chill. he aint getting dealt IMO; and most of the "buyers" already bought what they needed and have spent the draft capital

Reactions: Duffman955

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Dregor said on air Holland had been negotiating with Armstrong all day yesterday and all morning today and got deep but Holland walked away at some point in the afternoon shifted his focus to ekholm and got a deal done with the Preds in a few hours.

What are the yotes doing here? How long can you wait?

Reactions: NB613 and PuckG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad