Speculation: Jakob Chychrun being held out of the Coyotes lineup until a trade is completed

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
I don’t think anyone’s forgetting that.

I think everyone's forgetting that (we can just keep him).

"Yotes are running out of buyers their GM is a disgrace!!!"

Honestly if the return isn't astronomical we're better off keeping Chychrun. We're a rebuilding team, a 24 yo borderline 1D is a good player to be part of your core

Reactions: MayDayMayDay

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I think Armstrong knows that Columbus will probably offer a real nice package this summer for Chychrun.

Makes little sense for them to do it now and risk missing out on an elite talent by making a big acquisition, but it's been confirmed that are very very interested in him.

So there might not a big need for him to deal Chychrun by this deadline, even if Chychrun would obviously be very disappointed by that.
LA’s ‘23 1st (from CBJ) and Mateychuk would work for me as a deadline price.

Reactions: Prestigeworldwide

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Trocheck?

In the sense of relative quantity for quality. The interest in Eichel was similar (no Necas or Jarvis); be in there just in case.

A 1st, a 2nd and a top two prospect is a lot for something the team doesn’t really need.

A 1st and a liquidation of some of their 18/19/20 draft picks would be justifiable. Probably not for Arizona, though.

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

LongWayDown37

Mar 8, 2006
Unless they're converting him to a goalie, they don't need him.
All of Buffalo would beg to differ...

Adams is playing this smart, IMO. He's not desperate to do it, so he's slowly waiting everybody else out and his competition is dropping off as other teams land their d-men. While, AZ's hand his not forced, Chychrun's no trade kicks in and they just sat him publicly stating for a trade - its a little bit tough for them to renege and not trade. If Adams makes the deal, I think it'll end up being for the most affordable price he could have brokered.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I love it. When Boston plays hardball - aka the deal isn't done until the call is made - it's deemed brilliant. When Arizona does it, suddenly it's "pathetic."

Not that I think the Coyotes really did anything wrong but I think an important difference here is that Boston found a better deal from another team while trying to finalize another. It's not really the same.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Then the Sabres have bigger problems than anyone realizes, because Chychrun isn't the piece that moves the needle for them near-term.
not really adding a guy whos about to turn 25 that can add a lot to the D core? WTF should they be searching for more forwards to their already deep forward group+prospect pool?

Reactions: stokes84

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
They're just holding this guy hostage at this point
I recall he either asks to be traded at the end of last season or in the off season. His deal will expire before the coyotes arrive in their new arena if they get it. He’s done his part in playing through this season. I’m sure he’d be disappointed if he’s not moved by the tdl. Would expect him to be more adamant about getting moved in the summer if it doesn’t happen this year.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Chychrun and Bjugstad are reading HF together in the press box.

40A3542E-A440-43C2-8B6E-C8780C60BCB0.jpeg

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
All of Buffalo would beg to differ...

Adams is playing this smart, IMO. He's not desperate to do it, so he's slowly waiting everybody else out and his competition is dropping off as other teams land their d-men. While, AZ's hand his not forced, Chychrun's no trade kicks in and they just sat him publicly stating for a trade - its a little bit tough for them to renege and not trade. If Adams makes the deal, I think it'll end up being for the most affordable price he could have brokered.

This might be the dumbest post I've ever seen. Adams is apparently playing this smart because he's not desperate to make a trade. And yet Bill Armstrong is apparently dumb because he's not desperate to make a trade. How is that supposed to work exactly...

I think you've forgotten that even if Buffalo is the last trade partner available, Bill won't lower his ask. Because just like Adams, Bill Armstrong isn't desperate to make a trade. What a dummy he is.

"It's a little bit tough for (the Yotes) to renege and not trade." Do you honestly think Bill Armstrong cares about any of that? Obviously not -- if Bill cared he would've traded Chychrun a season and a half ago when Chychrun originally made his trade request. He obvi doesn't care, and like you said, he's not desperate to make a trade. The relationship with Chychrun is solid, if we eventually decide not to accept a mediocre package for Chychrun, we (the Arizona Coyotes) will be the ones who win that deal. smh

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
I think everyone's forgetting that (we can just keep him).

"Yotes are running out of buyers their GM is a disgrace!!!"

Honestly if the return isn't astronomical we're better off keeping Chychrun. We're a rebuilding team, a 24 yo borderline 1D is a good player to be part of your core

Do you think he's going to re-sign there after what's gone on over the last 2 years?

I doubt it. And he's probably made that pretty clear.

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad