Speculation: Jakob Chychrun being held out of the Coyotes lineup until a trade is completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Yeah well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion man.

the big lebowski GIF

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
Re: Columbus, the deal fell apart in the summer because Chychrun didn’t want to be a Blue Jacket at that time (this has since changed). He does not have a NTC but CBJ has had their ass burned a few times in the past in acquiring players who really had no interest being in Columbus (Carter, PLD).

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I suspect that was part of the return. The price has been reported as three assets all along. The equivalent of two picks in the 20s and one pick in the 50s. That really hasn’t changed.
Where did you get two picks in the 20's?

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Re: Columbus, the deal fell apart in the summer because Chychrun didn’t want to be a Blue Jacket at that time (this has since changed). He does not have a NTC but CBJ has had their ass burned a few times in the past in acquiring players who really had no interest being in Columbus (Carter, PLD).

The Blue Jackets went from potential playoff team fresh off signing the biggest UFA on the market to an absolute bottom feeder since the summer.

Why on earth would Chychrun have changed his mind after seeing their play this season?

Reactions: Macheteops

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Yeah they absolutely do. It's just a question of whether they're willing to part with them.

Pens have 1 first round pick and a 2nd
Caps have 2 first round picks and a 2nd

Sense, none of it you have.

Huh? Caps definitely got the picks.
If both teams miss the playoffs then their first round picks mean something, but if they make the playoffs the picks are not interesting to me. Pen's don't have any players of interest except Pickering and Washington I don't think have anything. I'll bet you guys a cocktail Chych won't be going to either team, but you have to come to Phoenix to collect. Does that make sense 66-30-33? :)

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
If both teams miss the playoffs then their first round picks mean something, but if they make the playoffs the picks are not interesting to me. Pen's don't have any players of interest except Pickering and Washington I don't think have anything. I'll bet you guys a cocktail Chych won't be going to either team, but you have to come to Phoenix to collect. Does that make sense 66-30-33? :)
No
Reporting in, Yoda is.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Where do playoff teams draft?
Chych wants to go to a team that will be in the playoffs, so I'm sure he is thinking not only this year. You think he wouldn't go to the Sabres, Ottawa, Detroit or Columbus? I would think he would rather go to any of those teams than a team like Pittsburgh or Washington. Both those teams are heading south fast.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Chych wants to go to a team that will be in the playoffs, so I'm sure he is thinking not only this year. You think he wouldn't go to the Sabres, Ottawa, Detroit or Columbus? I would think he would rather go to any of those teams than a team like Pittsburgh or Washington. Both those teams are heading south fast.
When they say the price is two firsts and a second they don’t mean from lottery teams.

Reactions: NB613

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Why wouldn’t Chychrun come with Bjugstad or Ritchie? Why wouldn’t AZ accept short-term dumps? They’ve shown a willingness when they picked up Ladd, Stralman, Gostisbehere, Ritchie, Kassian, Nemeth, and Weber, etc. There’s absolutely not a foregone conclusion that AZ wouldn’t be willing to do the same. They just expect payment. Chychrun is obviously more valuable than Orlov. That’s not debatable.

I asked a question. Why are people acting like this Orlov trade shows Chychrun is worth less than the equivalent of two 1sts and a 2nd?
The only thing hurting chychurns value is his durability. Other wise he is an absolute stud.
If he doesn’t get traded that’s on the gm. Sometimes u take what ever the best offer is and move on. He has a ntc starting next year? That will make the value lower for sure.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
The only thing hurting chychurns value is his durability. Other wise he is an absolute stud.
If he doesn’t get traded that’s on the gm. Sometimes u take what ever the best offer is and move on. He has a ntc starting next year? That will make the value lower for sure.
Yep 10 team no trade list, after this season.
Atm can be traded anywhere

Reactions: Kegs

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Yep 10 team no trade list, after this season.
Atm can be traded anywhere
See. So say out of those ten he picks the best ten. But then maybe only half of them can afford him or want to add him. The offers will only get smaller and smaller imo. I think Boston and La made a good offer but they held off wanting more. But maybe now they get less. I wouldn’t be surprised if both offers are still on the table. I can see Boston over paying because of the situation. I feel like it was a blockbuster offer but they got greedy. But hey what do I know. I’m just bored.

• Haha
Reactions: Washed Up 29YearOld

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Any team acquiring Chych will be contingent on a physical. The Coyotes or any team, and the player are going to disclose any injuries, they won't lie about it. I don't think this plays into a decision.

I do think the length of time he is out can play a role in decreasing his value. As you said, it will take him time to get back into game shape even if he is skating and working out on his own. An acquiring team would rather see a player playing well right before they trade for him versus one sitting for 3 weeks. This could play into a GM thinking about his durability and injury history, like how many games can he play in a row without being injured.

This is all on BA, he has shopped him for 18 months, maybe held him out because he thought he was close to a deal or maybe he was bluffing to get better offers by holding him out. I have been saying and still believe the ask is too high in 2 firsts and a prospect, I think that price won't be met at the TDL, but I am a huge Coyote fan and I hope I am wrong. BA, in my opinion, has a habit of waiting and over playing his hand.

Yeah, Bill Armstrong also needs to realize every year he doesn't trade Chychrun his value goes down not up (less duration remaining on a cheap contract). He refuses to lower his asking price even though Chychrun is now 2 years closer to UFA than he was at the start of this saga.

Also, next season Chychrun is in his UFA years so his 10-team NMC activates. That changes it from a 30 team trade list to 20, also lowering the Coyotes potential leverage.

Seems BA is just going to take the best offer at the deadline. No other reason to take him out if you're not 100% sure you're going to trade him.

SecretaryofDefense5

Mar 20, 2022
Washington DC
Cool. Good thing you aren’t the GM for Arizona.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad