Confirmed Signing with Link: Jake Virtanen signed with Spartak Moscow/KHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ita

Mar 11, 2019
Everyone who can afford to live wherever he is downtown Moscow is either rich and famous of their own accord or the child of an oligarch who wipes their ass with 900k a year. It's like trying to flaunt making low 6 figures in Manhattan or Palo Alto.

The median income in Moscow is 18K USD. Stop being so hyperbolic. It makes your argument sound ridicoulus.

I am sure his salary doesn't make him a wealthy elite in Moscow, but he is still very well off compared to most people living there.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
The median income in Moscow is 18K USD. Stop being so hyperbolic. It makes your argument sound ridicoulus.

I am sure his salary doesn't make him a wealthy elite in Moscow, but he is still very well off compared to most people living there.

The Moscow metropolitan area is 12+ million people, I'm not talking about regular people living on the outskirts. If someone moves to Manhattan making 100k, you're not going to use the median salary of New York State to say that they're well off compared to most people there.

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
For as awful as Jim Benning is, this doesn't even register as a blip on his record of f**k ups.

At his peak he still wasn't worth much. Given where he was selected and what his potential was, however unlikely he was to reach it, he was worth keeping over trading for a 3rd/4th. The sexual assaults and the subsequent value nuke were something nobody really saw coming aside form maybe Virtanen and his victims.

It's not so much the value he could've been traded for, but the cap his contract used for 20-21 was better spent elsewhere eg. Toffoli, Stecher etc

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
lmao, I get it he was charged a long time ago. Time to move along with your life and move passed this. Did he personally offend you or something?

6 months is a long time ago? You do udnerstand the severity of this right? Like you brush it off like it all is forgiven, maybe you really are related to him or perhaps you've found yourself in a similar situation.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
6 months is a long time ago? You do udnerstand the severity of this right? Like you brush it off like it all is forgiven, maybe you really are related to him or perhaps you've found yourself in a similar situation.

not related to him whatsoever, and I’m not even a Canuck fan.

In today’s 24-hour hyper news cycle, yes, 6 months is old news. Hell, even a week is old news.

Mar 12, 2009

In today’s 24-hour hyper news cycle, yes, 6 months is old news. Hell, even a week is old news.
Oh so you're more a fan of his off ice work...

I love how the weird internet culture war kids have gone from defending decade old poor taste tweets (fine imo), to full on white knighting to defend the honor of sex pests (alleged or otherwise) of every stripe lol.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
It's not so much the value he could've been traded for, but the cap his contract used for 20-21 was better spent elsewhere eg. Toffoli, Stecher etc
He was coming off his best season, what GM wouldn't keep an asset you've spent 6 years on when he finally breaks out?

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Debut tonight, with Jori Lehterä & Sergei Shirokov, in Kazan.
vorky, I do understand you think this is some kind of great exposure to the KHL but I have to break it to you:

1) no, it isn't, employing sc*m is actually not a great look;
2) nobody cares about his debut because Jake Virtanen, as in the C-grade (at best) hockey player, and his further career isn't actually the aspect of his life anyone has an interest in anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: Coaches Coroner
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
vorky, I do understand you think this is some kind of great exposure to the KHL but I have to break it to you:

1) no, it isn't, employing sc*m is actually not a great look;
2) nobody cares about his debut because Jake Virtanen, as in the C-grade (at best) hockey player, and his further career isn't actually the aspect of his life anyone has an interest in anymore.

any team can sign him, I’m not sure why you’re restricting him playing. ‘Scum’ or not.

yet, you’re taking the time out of your day to respond you’re grievances you have towards him? :confused::confused:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
yet, you’re taking the time out of your day to respond you’re grievances you have towards him? :confused::confused:
Maybe you haven't read my post but I was responding to the treatment of his signing as a great PR opportunity for the KHL, couldn't care less about Virtanen himself for the reasons mentioned.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Just out of curiosity, has he been proven guilty for the sexual assault allegations? Do people mainly hate him for this or various other reasons as well?

I don't think many VAN (or Team Canada) fans ever cared for him much as a player because he's dumb as rocks on the ice (stupid penalties, bad hockey IQ/anticipation), but the credible sexual assault allegations definitely don't help.

pearljamvs5

Jun 19, 2011

In no world is “a week old news”. There is an ongoing investigation, so it is still super relevant news. Especially in a topic about him.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
He probably still makes more money, than he could have gotten in the NHL, if that shit didn't happen to him. I think $1.5M is max he could have gotten in the NHL, 60M rubles is more than that.
60M rubles is roughly 800k dollars so I'm missing something in this math.

Lenerdosy

Feb 23, 2015
He probably still makes more money, than he could have gotten in the NHL, if that shit didn't happen to him. I think $1.5M is max he could have gotten in the NHL, 60M rubles is more than that.
He's in the 800k range, so he's making less than guys on ELC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad