Confirmed Signing with Link: Jake Virtanen signed with Spartak Moscow/KHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fulham

Jan 6, 2015
Often compared to Kane stylistically, its cool we might see them together this year

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Damn, lots of harping on a guy from a bunch of nobodies. I get that he did some terrible things, but at least Virtanen will be able to play professionally, for a lot of money, and have the chance to play abroad.

Wish I had the chance to play professionally in Europe.

Reactions: BSHH and BlueSeal

CraigBillington

Dec 10, 2010
Damn, lots of harping on a guy from a bunch of nobodies. I get that he did some terrible things, but at least Virtanen will be able to play professionally, for a lot of money, and have the chance to play abroad.

May I, as a fan, never criticize another player again

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

Ninjadude

Oct 25, 2018
upload_2021-9-25_0-23-24.png

Easternbull

Nov 18, 2016
I would just like to ask before the you keep disrespecting him, was he ever convicted of anything?

Was the case settled in a civil court or is it still ongoing?

I agree he did not always play to his strengths in Vancouver and he may have some attitude problems but don't be so quick to judge before knowing the facts..

Lenerdosy

Feb 23, 2015
I would just like to ask before the you keep disrespecting him, was he ever convicted of anything?

Was the case settled in a civil court or is it still ongoing?

I agree he did not always play to his strengths in Vancouver and he may have some attitude problems but don't be so quick to judge before knowing the facts..
Still ongoing. Apparently more and more women have come forward. Don't know to what extent. Its not looking good. He hasn't been formally convicted last I heard.

north49er

Dec 20, 2017

I wouldn't have used the words "play abroad" in a post, especially with the accusations that have made against him....

elmaco

Registered Hockey Fan
Feb 1, 2017
This guy was supposed to be the trade target for Puljujarvi. Lol!

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
It's beating a dead horse at this point, but Benning really f***ed up by not dealing him in the 2020 offseason.

Nikolajs Sillers

Jan 2, 2021

It's not a lots of money comparing with NHL.

JTmillerForA1stLOL

Oct 12, 2007
It's beating a dead horse at this point, but Benning really f***ed up by not dealing him in the 2020 offseason.

For as awful as Jim Benning is, this doesn't even register as a blip on his record of f**k ups.

At his peak he still wasn't worth much. Given where he was selected and what his potential was, however unlikely he was to reach it, he was worth keeping over trading for a 3rd/4th. The sexual assaults and the subsequent value nuke were something nobody really saw coming aside form maybe Virtanen and his victims.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

Do you wish to have rape charges against you too?

Oh wait sorry Jake.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

He was drafted 6OA in the the NHL draft and for someone in his draft position, 317 NHL games and 100 points in the regular season, plus 16 playoff games and 3 points in those, qualifies as disappointing. The scandal is an hearty extra helping of unpleasantness, but his career can be judged without it.

People don’t tend rate NHL players by how much potential fun or personal satisfaction they getting.

He also can’t get into the line-up, even though the bigger minute bottom six RW aren’t scoring: such as Alexander Avtsin (TOI/GP 14:31) 10 games with zero points and Ivan Drozdov (TOI/GP 12:44) 10 games with 1 point (1G).

If HC Spartak Moscow though Virtanen could score goals for them he would presumably be in the line-up. They really could use the offense, it’s not like they’re a top KHL juggernaut with no easy spots available for him. That can’t feel good.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
He was drafted 6OA in the the NHL draft and for someone in his draft position, 317 NHL games and 100 points in the regular season, plus 16 playoff games and 3 points in those, qualifies as disappointing. The scandal is an hearty extra helping of unpleasantness, but his career can be judged without it.

there will always be players past, present and future, that will bust out and not perform. It’s the nature of the game.

If HC Spartak Moscow though Virtanen could score goals for them he would presumably be in the line-up. They really could use the offense, it’s not like they’re a top KHL juggernaut with no easy spots available for him. That can’t feel good.

you’re writing him off already, maybe he lights it up and will come back over

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad