Confirmed Signing with Link: Jake Virtanen signed with Spartak Moscow/KHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Being a young rich handsome man will definitely mean he will have no shortage of suitors

Everyone who can afford to live wherever he is downtown Moscow is either rich and famous of their own accord or the child of an oligarch who wipes their ass with 900k a year. It's like trying to flaunt making low 6 figures in Manhattan or Palo Alto.

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Then I could definitely see Virtanen get cut loose by the KHL club after they see the condition he (very likely) shows up in.
image.jpeg.f47b0f4e0625897c156b7c00085e14ec.jpeg

Lenerdosy

Feb 23, 2015
I think something like 80% of us were against the Virtanen pick, 10% accepted it, 8% moderately supported it, and 2% are on the Benning payroll to tell us it was a WAY better pick then Nylander and Ehlers
I accepted it because I figured Aquillini wanted a hometown boy to market so it didn't surprise me that much they ended up grabbing him at that spot. I wanted Ehlers but hoped Virtanen could become better than he ended up being.

Frankie Blueberries

Dream Team
Jan 27, 2016
Nobody thinks it was a better pick than Nylander and Ehlers. I loathed the pick at the time and still do.

It’s refreshing to see you recognize and agree on one of Jimbo’s worst moves. 6th overall and has his pick between Nylander/Ehlers and takes the kid who just had shoulder surgery. At least Jim salvaged the other 1st rounder at 24th overall and not blow it on a terribly useless defenceman and then blast his scouting staff for not recommending Pasta. What a leader!

Reactions: Erub ot Ynligom

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
It’s refreshing to see you recognize and agree on one of Jimbo’s worst moves. 6th overall and has his pick between Nylander/Ehlers and takes the kid who just had shoulder surgery. At least Jim salvaged the other 1st rounder at 24th overall and not blow it on a terribly useless defenceman and then blast his scouting staff for not recommending Pasta. What a leader!
I called it a terrible pick at the time. I wanted Ehlers.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
It's possible that Virtanen rebounds from this. The late Ray Emery was also problematic when Ottawa cut him loose and he went to the KHL. He returned a changed person. It's possible that this might be the kick in the ass that Virtanen needs to get his act together. As others have pointed out, he won't have his social circle there. It's going to be him and his teammates and I'm eking to bet that none of them will put up with the teenage antics. This might be the best thing to happen to that young man. Adversity and humility is never a bad thing.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I think something like 80% of us were against the Virtanen pick, 10% accepted it, 8% moderately supported it, and 2% are on the Benning payroll to tell us it was a WAY better pick then Nylander and Ehlers

It's just the way drafts work. Virtanen was highly regarded at that time and looked like an impact player in the league. Dal Colle was the unanimous pick at #5 and Virtanen is like 3x the NHL player that Dal Colle was. Hindsight is 20/20 but the Virtanen pick was seen as a good pick and a valuable asset on draft day and the years following.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Two years ago...from someone that I thought may have hidden potential and should be targeted to someone who screwed up his career and not worth a used puck.

Amazingly stupid.

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
Virtanen has not accomplished much in the NHL, but he elicits a lot of malevolence here. Shall I dare to hope that the young man solely is to blame for that and not all the users here gloating that his career went sideways?

Gruß,
BSHH

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011

I’m probably reading too much into that video but it actually seems like a really revelatory moment for him, like he is suddenly realizing that the nhl is over and this is it from here on out. Something uncomfortable and profound is happening there.

Reactions: tilly123123

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad