Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
1695769320449.jpeg

KnockHobbler

Sep 13, 2018
Guddie!!!?? What-EVER!!!!
Yea he was slow as dicks here

I think this test is akin to when Carkner was found to have the hardest shot on the sens - there’s so many variables in game that these stats in a controlled environment don’t mean that much. Carkner can rocket the puck but couldn’t get that shot off in play and was inaccurate. Gudbranson can haul ass when he gets going but it takes him to long too get there or make decisions

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Yea he was slow as dicks here

I think this test is akin to when Carkner was found to have the hardest shot on the sens - there’s so many variables in game that these stats in a controlled environment don’t mean that much. Carkner can rocket the puck but couldn’t get that shot off in play and was inaccurate. Gudbranson can haul ass when he gets going but it takes him to long too get there or make decisions
The summer before he joined Calgary there were some media spots with him and a whole new training regime focused on skating and mobility. He talked about he's on the verge of being pushed out of the league after his stint here if he didn't re-invent himself a bit. I know a lot of those are fluff, but it did seem bigger to me that he was committed to doing whatever he could to improve on his main limitations.

jake1

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
This kid's stick work is already so good.

Yeah, he's gonna be killing penalties until his last day in the league. How valuable is it to disrupt the other team's PP time after time? Especially in the playoffs, when goals are hard to come by.

Reactions: Vinh

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
These stats was used by a Habs fan to, "prove" that Guhle is better than Sanderson.

Guhle is good and will be a big part of the Habs getting back to respectability but seeing each of them in 1 preseason game validated my thought Sanderson is just at another level.
Oh, he's several levels up.

Reactions: BradyTkachucky

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
These stats was used by a Habs fan to, "prove" that Guhle is better than Sanderson.

Guhle is good and will be a big part of the Habs getting back to respectability but seeing each of them in 1 preseason game validated my thought Sanderson is just at another level.
Athanasiou is better than McDavid, I never realized! We should have traded for him!

Oh, he's several levels up.
We shouldn’t even be measuring in “levels” lol

good for them, let them enjoy Guhle, it will all shake out over the next couple of years

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
I’m definitely a fan of Guhle and was hoping he the Islanders would miss the playoffs so the pick might be in the range to select Guhle or Jarvis. I’d be stoked to add him to the prospect pool.

That said, he’s not close to Jake Sanderson.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

It's kind of weird, because outside of the more offensive minded D jumping into the rush, if a Dman is going 24 mph, it's probably because he's caught behind the play and trying to get back in position, I'm not seeing how you can read good or bad out of that list, I guess it's a positive that they can go that fast if needed, but ideally you never have to if you're making the right reads.

Reactions: OD99

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I think Sanderson is going to win a Norris trophy at some point and maybe sooner than people think. I think he's every bit as good as Chychrun, right now, and Jake is sitting at 30:1 on draftkings for the Norris.

Any betting sites offering a line for sanderson to win Norris this year?

Reactions: BradyTkachucky

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Sanderson has been great from day 1 & just continues to get better, I expect at some future point when this team is contending he could win a Norris. Good to see Chychrun scoring, he has a pretty good shot from the point something that has been missing in past yrs. Both these guys along with Zub who is also off to a good start should reduce Chabot's minutes but he has to start making better plays & improve his decision making. It's great to see Ottawa finally has a very good top 4 that is contributing offensively.

Reactions: DylanSensFan

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
Legitimate Norris caliber D for the next 10 years.

Best move, by a very large margin, the Sens have made in the past 15 years was drafting Sanderson.

I remember that you were convinced he was the guy Ottawa was drafting at 5 and when it happened I was pissed they didn't get another scoring forward. He totally is the smartest pick they've made since Karlsson

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
I had made a proclamation with Zdeno Chara on his second year with Ottawa that he will win Norris one day. Posted on the old forum and got laughed out lol. Same thing with friends. He went on to become a Norris runner-up while he was in Ottawa and won it with Boston.

I will take another leap, I usually don't, but I see a young Scott Niedermayer in Sanderson. He doesn't have the shot from the point that seem to find its way (yet), but everything else in the manner he moves and plays with ice water in his veins along with the innate decision making. Luckily, he is only 21 and far from a finished product, I am super excited to follow his developmental curve. He will turn a lot of heads this season.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I had made a proclamation with Zdeno Chara on his second year with Ottawa that he will win Norris one day. Posted on the old forum and got laughed out lol. Same thing with friends. He went on to become a Norris runner-up while he was in Ottawa and won it with Boston.

I will take another leap, I usually don't, but I see a young Scott Niedermayer in Sanderson. He doesn't have the shot from the point that seem to find its way (yet), but everything else in the manner he moves and plays with ice water in his veins along with the innate decision making. Luckily, he is only 21 and far from a finished product, I am super excited to follow his developmental curve. He will turn a lot of heads this season.
g0hW.gif

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
What a sick drive he made to the net...if he wasn't pushed into the goalie he was just walking around him and sweeping it into an open net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad