Value of: Jake Guentzel

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Elite complimentary player. Doesn’t need PP1 time to score a lot of goals.

Not married to moving him but I’m curious what he’d return. A big package could hasten a mini rebuild.

I know EDM isn’t hurting for goals but could see a fit there, or anywhere else that has superstar centermen/forwards.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Elite complimentary player. Doesn’t need PP1 time to score a lot of goals.

Not married to moving him but I’m curious what he’d return. A big package could hasten a mini rebuild.

I know EDM isn’t hurting for goals but could see a fit there, or anywhere else that has superstar centermen/forwards.
Hextall has no reason to trade Guentzel.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I have no clue why some Penguins fans want to speed up the team becoming bad just to get some shiny prospects and late 1st round picks.

I wouldn't want them to move Guentzel for a pick/prospects, but I wouldn't be against them moving Guentzel for a different type of top line winger (for example - Guentzel for Tkachuk).

But that's the only scenario I'd want to see him dealt.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I have no clue why some Penguins fans want to speed up the team becoming bad just to get some shiny prospects and late 1st round picks.

Not exactly what I indicated. If things do go full blown belly up WITH him, then I wanna know what he could get back. Not exactly eager to trade him for some random bag of mystery boxes.

Hopefully just a lumpy start for the team though.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
There's no point in trading him as long as they hold on to older pieces like Malkin or Letang. They have an outside chance of doing something this year or next year, but without him, it guarantees futility for the end of the Crosby era

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Guentzel for JT Miller is an interesting idea. Guentzel generally scores more, but Miller might be a better fit for the Pens this season. Miller's contract is also a year shorter and a little bit cheaper. I like the idea, although I'm not as sour on Guentzel as some fans.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Whether or not Canucks fans will want to acknowledge it, Guentzel is worth more than Miller. Better sustained performance and what will likely be a better contract. There would have to be an add from the Canucks. It may not have to be much but it needs to be there.

Miller+A prospect for Jake+B prospect for example.

SaucyCelly

Feb 21, 2019
I could see this being similar to Neal for Hornqvist type of trade. Odds of it working as that trade did are not likely though....

Reactions: Extra Texture

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Hextall has alot of resson to trade ...have you seen the standings and the outlook isn't bright.....while Jake isn't the first choice to go, the right package would fetch him. Add him to rust zucker dumo letang desmith etc

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Hextall has alot of resson to trade ...have you seen the standings and the outlook isn't bright.....while Jake isn't the first choice to go, the right package would fetch him. Add him to rust zucker dumo letang desmith etc

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad