Former Bruins Jake DeBrusk - gone to Nucks

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
A lot of the people saying it’s an issue that JDB was too streaky and a head case are the same folks who made excuses for David Krejci when he’d do his Houdini disappearing act for long stretches. Weird how that is, no?
lol! You’re certainly persistent. I guess it’s classic anti-Canadian and pro-Euro bias.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
A lot of the people saying it’s an issue that JDB was too streaky and a head case are the same folks who made excuses for David Krejci when he’d do his Houdini disappearing act for long stretches. Weird how that is, no?
I have only watched one game live so maybe my input should be taken with a grain of salt, but with those two players, I noticed this:

Both looked “disengaged.”

The difference being one made it look effortless, while the other had a series of shifts in which he brought no effort.

I like both players but I can see why one draws more frustration from fans.

Reactions: Number8 and LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
lol! You’re certainly persistent. I guess it’s classic anti-Canadian and pro-Euro bias.
Nope, it’s far more obvious than that. It comes down to whom a fan likes or dislikes. And I enjoy pointing out the hypocrisy and inconsistencies by some folks here. In this instance, it’s fine if player A takes games off but if player B does that, he’s a bad player that needs to go.

Last edited:

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK
You're surprised a player who led the playoffs in scoring multiple times earned a fair amount of good will from his fanbase?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
15 point diff in their seasonal averages, Krejci just flat out produced more while also bringing a good 2 way game from the more valuable position (and also led the playoffs in scoring on a couple of occasions, including the year we won the cup iirc)

He was simply a much better player, that’s why you have less people flaming him.

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
15 point diff in their seasonal averages, Krejci just flat out produced more while also bringing a good 2 way game from the more valuable position (and also led the playoffs in scoring on a couple of occasions, including the year we won the cup iirc)

He was simply a much better player, that’s why you have less people flaming him.

He also did have a lot of people flaming him as well.

DeBrusk was a straight up scapegoat, though

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Based on what’s out there now I don’t blame Jake for leaving. Crazy.
You saw the twitter thing too?

Insanity
Vancouver security:
a25c07c8-dc94-4725-b569-896fb1e1471f_text.gif

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
What's it all about? Twitter? Jan Brady.....whaaaaaaat?

Some 40?? year old woman named Jan has been stalking and harassing JDB for years to the point where she is banned from the Garden, and now has made tweets saying she's moving to Vancouver to see him.

Apparently the rabbit hole is long and deep and she's quite scary. Y'all can keep making jokes about me being Jan but it's genuinely not funny.

But pop off I guess.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Any proof “Jan” was actually banned from the garden or is it just “Jan” herself saying she was banned?

I guess you'd have to go down the full rabbit hole to see whats real or not cause I have not a clue. She privated her twitter a few days ago, when this started to go viral. Someone posted some of her unhinged screenshots, and apparently "Jan" is well known to Bruins fans on twitter. I read a tweet that she was banned from Warrior too.

From what I've read everyone thought she was some girl in her 20s, but outed herself as a middle aged woman in her 40's or late 40's.

Maybe someone on here can clarify if it's legit or not.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Stalkers are scary and unpredictable but I can't imagine Jake's decision to move on was based on having one. It probably won't stop, he is very easy to find and if he/she is determined (not sure if anyone really knows whether male or female - Jan can be either) moving most likely won't put an end to it.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Having a stalker is indeed very scary.

It is not unusual for the players to have stalkers. We have seen a few that show up at the pre-game skate at the Garden. Seguin had a few and at the time he was very young. Some of the women were in their 30s and 40s. It is creepy. We had two buy seats right next to us that wanted us to pass notes to Tyler when he went by us. They were far too old for him and clearly no one he would be interested in. They were talking to us saying they went to the practice rink and events he was at. They were not teen-age girls with a crush. We did not pass the notes.

It can be very frightening to be stalked. (been there)

Last edited:

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Wow, Does this kid ever catch a break? This is the stuff female stalker movies are made of (fatal attraction). I can see it now, Jake walks into a Starbucks in Vancouver goes to the counter orders a coffee and a female voice next to him says,"'Hi Jake, Remember Me?''
Just let the kid move on and start a new life. Hey 'Jan', with about 8 billion people on earth I'm sure you could find someone else to harrasss and stalk. Get some help.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Wow, Does this kid ever catch a break? This is the stuff female stalker movies are made of (fatal attraction). I can see it now, Jake walks into a Starbucks in Vancouver goes to the counter orders a coffee and a female voice next to him says,"'Hi Jake, Remember Me?''
Just let the kid move on and start a new life. Hey 'Jan', with about 8 billion people on earth I'm sure you could find someone else to harrasss and stalk. Get some help.
to Jan

Reactions: Mione134

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Some 40?? year old woman named Jan has been stalking and harassing JDB for years to the point where she is banned from the Garden, and now has made tweets saying she's moving to Vancouver to see him.

Apparently the rabbit hole is long and deep and she's quite scary. Y'all can keep making jokes about me being Jan but it's genuinely not funny.

But pop off I guess.

I didn’t see any jokes about you. Maybe mods removed them.

CrownofThornton

Jul 8, 2012
Im sorry, I like you @Mione134, but the idea does make me chuckle a little. You gotta kinda find humor in the absurdity of the insinuation.

Anyways, so this development is a wild ride, to say the least.

Ad

Ad

Ad