Former Bruins Jake DeBrusk - gone to Nucks

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown

Say what you want about his play but he has always come off as a solid guy with a real likable personality.

1721214446582.gif

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I don't think it's a stretch to compare the two in terms of both being really good playoff performers who for stretches would seem either disinterested or less engaged at points during the regular season. Both took a shave on their contracts at points. Both seemed to have issues with the team or more specifically the coach at times.

The difference. One was a vastly superior player. I'd argue in every sport, the players with more talent get away with more. You put up with attitudes, slumps, off ice stuff more with guys who are better.

That's the reason why Jake DeBrusk seemingly gets more 💩 than David Krejci. I also think Jake being part of the 2015 draft debacle draws unwarranted ire that should solely be cast on management and management alone.

In the end, I wish him well, although I think he'll always have his struggles. But I would have liked him at 5.5m. I'm sure the Bruins would have liked him at 5.5m. But I'm sure there was a little more behind his decision making than just money. I also wonder if Boston and Vancouver were discussing a Lindholm trade deadline deal and maybe Debrusk already had some discussion on extending in Vancouver if a deal went through. Just feels odd that Debrusk, Heinen, Forbort sign in Vancouver and Zadorov and Lindholm sign in Boston day one of FA.
Great post on DeBrusk vs Krejci.

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
He turned tail and left because he hated Cassidy. He came back instantly, right after they fired Cassidy. Why is that reality so f***ing hard for some. Jake also hated Cassidy, but he still resigned.
He'd be saying for like 5-7 years that he wanted to play in Czechia after that specific contract expired, and shockingly he played in Czechia after that specific contract expired.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
He'd be saying for like 5-7 years that he wanted to play in Czechia after that specific contract expired, and shockingly he played in Czechia after that specific contract expired.
It's already a known fact that he left because of Cassidy....apparently. Although it seems a lot more like speculation to me, but maybe I'm uninformed

• Haha
Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
And then literally came right back once Cassidy was gone. Be. f***ing. Honest. With. Yourself.

• Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
We know Jake wasn't alone in disliking Butch. Bergeron. Carlo. Frederic were outspoken about him too.
That's because e was a cowardly a*****e who threw his guys under the bus to the media. The Cup bought him a year in Vegas, let's see what happens if they struggle this year.

I like tough coaches but have the guts critize players to their face not in the media. Butchie was just a gutless bully

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
That's because e was a cowardly a*****e who threw his guys under the bus to the media. The Cup bought him a year in Vegas, let's see what happens if they struggle this year.

I like tough coaches but have the guts critize players to their face not in the media. Butchie was just a gutless bully

......Wut?

You would have been the last poster I would have guessed said something like this.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Vegas seems to fire a coach every three years or so, so it's certainly in the mail.
......Wut?

You would have been the last poster I would have guessed said something like this.
Seriously. I was waiting for the backhand and it never came.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I had the shits immediately after eating an apple, cant say they were related.
Let’s recap because the mental gymnastics being done here are amazing. DK says he wants to retire from the nhl and end his playing career playing back home so his kids can see his home country. He drags out his decision all summer long before he retires from the nhl and does that. Right up until the bruins fire their coach and then he comes back to the nhl and his dream of retiring from the league to play at home to finish off his career.

• Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad