Former Bruins Jake DeBrusk - gone to Nucks

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Let’s recap because the mental gymnastics being done here are amazing. DK says he wants to retire from the nhl and end his playing career playing back home so his kids can see his home country. He drags out his decision all summer long before he retires from the nhl and does that. Right up until the bruins fire their coach and then he comes back to the nhl and his dream of retiring from the league to play at home to finish off his career.
But, do apples cause the shits? That's the BIG question right now...:sarcasm::laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: BMC and LSCII

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Looking back at the media negotiating stuff between Sweeney and Jake and it appear as if Sweeney was the one 100% full of shit, which is hardly shocking.

Sweeney

“Again, negotiation is a two-way street,” a seemingly perturbed Sweeney pointed out. “We’ve taken an aggressive position with Jake. No different than other players that have chosen not to resign and explore; that’s within his right, certainly at this time of the year.”

Sweeney made it seem like it was some ridiculous ask...no wonder Jake said he figured it would be done by now in Feb or March or whenever he said it. Everyone here speculated 6.5 or so over 8.

Last edited:

bruinsfan1968

Make America United Again! Save our Democracy!
May 6, 2019
Looking back at the media negotiating stuff between Sweeney and Jake and it appear as if Sweeney was the one 100% full of shit, which is hardly shocking.

Sweeney

“Again, negotiation is a two-way street,” a seemingly perturbed Sweeney pointed out. “We’ve taken an aggressive position with Jake. No different than other players that have chosen not to resign and explore; that’s within his right, certainly at this time of the year.”

Sweeney made it seem like it was some ridiculous ask...no wonder Jake said he figured it would be done by now in Feb or March or whenever he said it. Everyone here speculated 6.5 or so over 8.
I kept saying he wasn't going to make more than Marchand, and Boston wasn't going to give him 7 yrs. Let the Nucks deal with his fragile self, they over paid for him. Lol

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
That's because e was a cowardly a*****e who threw his guys under the bus to the media. The Cup bought him a year in Vegas, let's see what happens if they struggle this year.

I like tough coaches but have the guts critize players to their face not in the media. Butchie was just a gutless bully

Did someone hack your account?

• Haha
Reactions: BMC and EverettMike

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

Sweeney

It appears to me Sweeney just didn’t want him back.

I’d be very interested to hear what Sweeney was offering/how much lower on AAV he was

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Funny, Jake’s interview showed me that Jake just didn’t want to be back. Which is fine.

That’s fair. Before he was gone and in the middle of contract discussions he was saying he thought he would be extended already.

Just wondering what Sweeney’s offer was

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
Losing a 40 point winger won't phase the bruins
In the the regular season? Maybe not. Gonna need someone who can perform like him in the playoffs though. 9 goals and 17 points in his last 20 games. That’s solid first line production right there. Anyone who can be realistically expected to match that production will cost a boatload of assets at the trade deadline.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
In the the regular season? Maybe not. Gonna need someone who can perform like him in the playoffs though. 9 goals and 17 points in his last 20 games. That’s solid first line production right there. Anyone who can be realistically expected to match that production will cost a boatload of assets at the trade deadline.

And in his last 27 playoff games a -13.

Pretty much anyone could do better than that.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
It feels like that article was incomplete. Something missing.
It also feels as though the timing of when he requested the trade
is off.
I don't know, it just doesn't ring honest to me for some reason.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
It feels like that article was incomplete. Something missing.
It also feels as though the timing of when he requested the trade
is off.
I don't know, it just doesn't ring honest to me for some reason.

?

I just posted it off hand. Didn't raise any eyebrows for me.

Truly, these are the dog Days of the off season.

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Let’s recap because the mental gymnastics being done here are amazing. DK says he wants to retire from the nhl and end his playing career playing back home so his kids can see his home country. He drags out his decision all summer long before he retires from the nhl and does that. Right up until the bruins fire their coach and then he comes back to the nhl and his dream of retiring from the league to play at home to finish off his career.
your brain must be very tired from the balance beam

Reactions: KrejciMVP

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Jake is not as good as some believe (yes, his last PO was good but others not so much) and he is not as bad as some believe.

He is just so damn inconsistent. Clearly, he wanted OUT of Boston.
Personally, I don't want any player who doesn't want to be here. Good luck to him, I enjoyed him being part of the team but it is clear he wanted to move on. I don't know why that is so hard to understand. A fresh start in the west is best for all.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Because the cosmic relevance of the figure 8 has nothing to do with this thread.
Dom, the contract was signed a lifetime ago. The length doesn’t matter at all because the value is so skewed by today’s value.

your brain must be very tired from the balance beam
More tired of the consistent first round playoff exits and not being an actual cup contender. But hey, you do you and enjoy that balance of 4th line stiffs slotting up. It’s really paid off for them.

Reactions: Boston Bruno

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
The bruins must eat a ton of apples because they shit their pants in the playoffs every year…:naughty:
What the hell….

This is a Bruins board, you want to trash my team I’ll meet you at the Outback parking lot in Danvers …loser buys the blooming onion

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad