Former Bruins Jake DeBrusk - gone to Nucks

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
He's played riding shotgun with Crosby so you have to think he is happy there and took a bit of a discount.

And Debrusk played with bergy/Marchand on the first line for two years which inflated his stats. otherwise he’s only broke 20 goals once when away from bergy/marchand.

$7m is insane for him. Should be much closer to Bryan rusts contract.

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
Zero chance I sign Debrusk if I was Sweeney. I would gladly put that money towards players with more upside and potential. Debrusk is what he is...a streaky good depth guy who wants a big payday. Pass.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Zero chance I sign Debrusk if I was Sweeney. I would gladly put that money towards players with more upside and potential. Debrusk is what he is...a streaky good depth guy who wants a big payday. Pass.
Your sentiment is not wrong. I would gladly keep Jake at the right price(mine is 5.5 or less), meaning a contract that works for Boston. Every team needs players like Jake, but you simply don't overpay for players like Jake.
If he's looking for a huge payday, bye. BTW 5.5 would be a 37.5% increase ... who here wants a 37.5% increase in their pay?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Only player under 30 other than 88 who has scored 25 or more goals in a season (3 times )

Versatile both wings
Both special teams
Team player
Culture guy
Accountable
200 foot player

Donny let’s go !!!!!!

DeBrusk- Heinen 2024 Cup

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Only player under 30 other than 88 who has scored 25 or more goals in a season (3 times )

Versatile both wings
Both special teams
Team player
Culture guy
Accountable
200 foot player

Donny let’s go !!!!!!

DeBrusk- Heinen 2024 Cup
If Debrusk can be signed for an average of 6mil per year he must be kept.

If it is 7mil per year it becomes more questionable . Still think Donny has to consider signing him. @ 7mil 5years max

Heinen Two years max : 2mil per year max. Would like to see it @1.5 or 1.75 mil

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Versatile both wings
Both special teams
Team player
Culture guy
Accountable
200 foot player

Donny let’s go !!!!!!

DeBrusk- Heinen 2024 Cup

There way I look at it, you need Jake or a replacement, there is no internal replacement.

There are a few better players on the market (Guentzel, Reinhart , Marchessault) . The first 2 will cost dramatically more money, the 3rd will cost more and is very risky because you will be buying his mid and late 30s years. And honestly who knows if any will even make to July 1 as free agents.

One you get past that group there are a bunch of flawed payers out there All are going to cost roughly similar to Jake, and most will get roughly similar years and protections.

Why not keep the guy who is loved in the locker room, loves it here, and wants to be here,

Reactions: Mione134 and bme44

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
That isn’t irony either. It sucks, but not ironic.
6884A74E-AFB3-45ED-87C7-44CA697399E3.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad