Former Bruins Jake DeBrusk - gone to Nucks

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Problem with debrusk is he doesn’t not elevate anyone else’s game. Not a line driver. He needs hall of famers to play with for his best to show.

Disagree, he showed his best this playoffs and wasn’t playing with a line of hall of famers, Marchand at times but Marchand was certainly not playing at his hall of fame peak anymore either

If DeBrusk was a line driver he’d be commanding 8 million a year

People need to be more realistic in this thread. The magic number is 6. The only question is if you want what you know DeBrusk gives for 6 or think this team will be improved spending that money on something or someone else. That’s it

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Disagree, he showed his best this playoffs and wasn’t playing with a line of hall of famers, Marchand at times but Marchand was certainly not playing at his hall of fame peak anymore either

People need to be more realistic in this thread. The magic number is 6. The only question is if you want what you know DeBrusk gives for 6 or think this team will be improved spending that money on something or someone else. That’s it

We don't really know that, do we.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario

I think the issue s not money but term. He should get 6 but not 7 or 8 years here. He might get it in FA. IF he does good for him but Boston is giving him more than 5 years. And if it was just $$ then he would of been signed already. Just my 2 cents

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
There way I look at it, you need Jake or a replacement, there is no internal replacement.

There are a few better players on the market (Guentzel, Reinhart , Marchessault) . The first 2 will cost dramatically more money, the 3rd will cost more and is very risky because you will be buying his mid and late 30s years. And honestly who knows if any will even make to July 1 as free agents.

One you get past that group there are a bunch of flawed payers out there All are going to cost roughly similar to Jake, and most will get roughly similar years and protections.

Why not keep the guy who is loved in the locker room, loves it here, and wants to be here,
Of course

You know that and I know that but we are hard core hockey guys

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I think the issue s not money but term. He should get 6 but not 7 or 8 years here. He might get it in FA. IF he does good for him but Boston is giving him more than 5 years. And if it was just $$ then he would of been signed already. Just my 2 cents

The most anyone else can give him is 7. If Boston is offering 4 years, I could see Jake thinking that is not enough term, and I couldn't blame him. If Boston is offering 6 years, I don't think term would be the deal breaker

Reactions: lopey

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If Debrusk can be signed for an average of 6mil per year he must be kept.

If it is 7mil per year it becomes more questionable . Still think Donny has to consider signing him. @ 7mil 5years max

Heinen Two years max : 2mil per year max. Would like to see it @1.5 or 1.75 mil
I’m at 6/39 for Jake but bonus of 1 M if he can work on his facial expression to look more ‘yeh I care’

6:40

Heinie 3/8.75

Donny open up the check book we don’t just want the Cup we want it clinched at home

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
The most anyone else can give him is 7. If Boston is offering 4 years, I could see Jake thinking that is not enough term, and I couldn't blame him. If Boston is offering 6 years, I don't think term would be the deal breaker

is there anywhere else willing to pay 7 mill for 19 goals and topping out at 21 assists?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
is their anywhere else will to pay 7 mill for 19 goals and topping out at 21 assists?
Three time 25+ goal scorer age 27

Versatile
Flexible
Upbeat
Loveable
Strong 200 foot game
L-E-D team in playoff scoring
Loves his grandmother
Animal lover

Donny 6/40 get out and vote with wallet

Marchand- Coyle - DeBrusk

DeBrusk - Heinen 2024

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
If you can get DB senior to show up at every game, then paying him is less painful.

Reactions: Gordoff

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
I’m at 6/39 for Jake but bonus of 1 M if he can work on his facial expression to look more ‘yeh I care’

6:40

Heinie 3/8.75

Donny open up the check book we don’t just want the Cup we want it clinched at home
I very comfortable with DeBrusk getting 6.5 per year for six years.

Heinen we are in disagreement two years 2 mil per year is where I max out.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Three time 25+ goal scorer age 27

Versatile
Flexible
Upbeat
Loveable
Strong 200 foot game
L-E-D team in playoff scoring
Loves his grandmother
Animal lover

Donny 6/40 get out and vote with wallet

Marchand- Coyle - DeBrusk

DeBrusk - Heinen 2024

would like to see Brandon Hagel production at 75 points for that price tag though, even if Jake is good to dogs and cats. Heck Fred is putting up close to 40 points for a much lower price tag

Reactions: Gordoff

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I very comfortable with DeBrusk getting 6.5 per year for six years.

Heinen we are in disagreement two years 2 mil per year is where I max out.
Heinen getting between 2.5-3

I’d give him 3/9 but Donny has that economics degree from Harvard and did bring back so he will get for 2.75

Athletic stats guys had $3.5 M

I’m fine anything under 3.5 M

Heck of a player

Pay the man Donny he just got married and probably going to have 2-3 little Heinen’s.

One mil per kid ? 2.5 M hedge a bit

Heinen getting better with age probably get another contract after this

Maybe Sweens goes 4/11???

Just get it done
would like to see Brandon Hagel production at 75 points for that price tag though, even if Jake is good to dogs and cats. Heck Fred is putting up close to 40 points for a much lower price tag
im a dog and cat guy -and im a Hagel guy - love him

Jakes my guy - next stray cat who shows up at my back door going to be named Jake

McDonagh returning to Tampa I like a lot

They need to get Stamkos resigned

I’m a huge huge huge Braydon Point guy - love him

Also Declan Carlisle who played at Merrimack nearby and on my SIM signed last few days to an extension by Tampa - plays for Syracuse but could be first recall LD

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
“Irony deals with opposites; it has nothing to do with coincidence. If two baseball players from the same hometown, on different teams, receive the same uniform number, it is not ironic. It is a coincidence. If Barry Bonds attains lifetime statistics identical to his father’s it will not be ironic. It will be a coincidence. Irony is "a state of affairs that is the reverse of what was to be expected; a result opposite to and in mockery of the appropriate result." For instance:

If a diabetic, on his way to buy insulin, is killed by a runaway truck, he is the victim of an accident. If the truck was delivering sugar, he is the victim of an oddly poetic coincidence. But if the truck was delivering insulin, ah! Then he is the victim of an irony. If a Kurd, after surviving bloody battle with Saddam Hussein’s army and a long, difficult escape through the mountains, is crushed and killed by a parachute drop of humanitarian aid, that, my friend, is irony writ large. Darryl Stingley, the pro football player, was paralyzed after a brutal hit by Jack Tatum. Now Darryl Stingley’s son plays football, and if the son should become paralyzed while playing, it will not be ironic. It will be coincidental. If Darryl Stingley’s son paralyzes someone else, that will be closer to ironic. If he paralyzes Jack Tatum’s son that will be precisely ironic.”

- George Carlin

• Haha
Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
DeBrusk 19-21-40 and +4 in 80 games

Heinen 17-19-36 and +16 in 76 games

Why the huge difference?

DeBrusk:
regular season per 82: 25 - 22 - 47
playoffs per 82: 26 - 19 - 45

Heinen:
regular season per 82: 14 - 21 - 35
playoffs per 82: 10 - 12 - 22

One is a top 6 forward that can score goals, the other is a utility player

Reactions: HustleB and bme44

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

If Jake were at 75 points with his 200 foot game, his new contract would start with a 9

Reactions: HustleB

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
But he's reached 50 points so his #starts at 7? I get it - cap is going up like 4-5M but at that price there should be better value or I would at least dig around before just resigning him to a lengthy deal like that.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
But he's reached 50 points so his #starts at 7? I get it - cap is going up like 4-5M but at that price there should be better value or I would at least dig around before just resigning him to a lengthy deal like that.
“should be” is doing a lot of work here

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad