Former Bruins Jake DeBrusk - gone to Nucks

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
If he goes out west and we replace him with a top6 wing I’m okay with it. But if he’s staying east I would prefer it be here.

Reactions: Gordoff

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
When Sweeney said “Negotiations are a two-way street” with regards to Jake, that’s the moment that cemented it for me.

Last second things could happen, people’s minds change, but I’ve gone with assumption all year he was gone. That quote just reinforced it.

Debrusk is a good player, I believe he has a good career ahead of him. I just don’t think it continues here.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
We shall survive the departure of Cool Ethan

IMG_5267.jpeg

Reactions: Alicat

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
When Sweeney said “Negotiations are a two-way street” with regards to Jake, that’s the moment that cemented it for me.

Last second things could happen, people’s minds change, but I’ve gone with assumption all year he was gone. That quote just reinforced it.

Debrusk is a good player, I believe he has a good career ahead of him. I just don’t think it continues here.
When I read that quote from Sweeney it led me to believe both sides were dug in and not negotiating in good faith. My question really became what was Sweeney’s goal in making the comment? Is he trying to push DeBrusk into a sweetheart hometown discount? Or was he preparing us the fans for DeBrusk’s coming departure? I'm leaning toward the latter. Just posturing.

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
Gone.

Feels like Sweeney’s statement was basically saying that they’ve probably already made a few offers with different concessions and Jake’s team hasn’t budged. Frankly, I don’t blame either side. Bruins know what they have in Debrusk and Debrusk knows what he’ll get in the open market. I just don’t want the Bruins paying open market prices for a guy that shows up every 4th regular season game.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be

When is the last time Sweeney spoke like that about someone and kept them? Just reading the tea leaves over the past few years it seems to me that both parties would like to get as far away from each other as possible. I really like Jake too, I wouldn't mind if they kept him at all.

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
When is the last time Sweeney spoke like that about someone and kept them? Just reading the tea leaves over the past few years it seems to me that both parties would like to get as far away from each other as possible. I really like Jake too, I wouldn't mind if they kept him at all.
We only know so much, like you said tea leaves is our best place to draw a conclusion.

Personally, I believe that if he wanted to be here, and they really wanted to keep him, the deal would be done already.

Sweeney has been pretty good about keeping the guys he wants to keep. I think Jake is a good player, I think he will have a good career wherever it is. I just don’t think it’s here anymore.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I wonder how much Zacha's contract is affecting negotiations with DeBrusk.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Gone.

Feels like Sweeney’s statement was basically saying that they’ve probably already made a few offers with different concessions and Jake’s team hasn’t budged. Frankly, I don’t blame either side. Bruins know what they have in Debrusk and Debrusk knows what he’ll get in the open market. I just don’t want the Bruins paying open market prices for a guy that shows up every 4th regular season game.

I wouldn't mind a mid player in the regular season who turns it on in the playoffs.

Worked for Michael Ryder.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Admin. has noted that it is looking for speed and secondary scoring (whatever that means). Isn't that what it has in DeBrusk? C'mon, Donny, wrap this baby up!
Need players with skill, not just guys that give nice interviews. Jake is way under paid and will get a major upgrade in pay from someone.

Hard to find a guy that is good at both ends of the ice, kills penalties plays on the Power play, produces when it matters, oh and he's young.

Best free agent on the market.

Hope its Boston but I think he's long gone and good for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad