What's one thing that would make you completely quit your team and never come back?

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
Relocation to anywhere outside British Columbia, or maybe Canada.

I'd likely be done with the NHL altogether if that happened.

Actually, the fact that I'm still here despite being officially convinced that the Canucks (or any Canadian team) will never win the cup again is somewhat of a miracle.

• Haha
Reactions: rynryn

Nogatco Rd

Translator spent all my HF cash
Apr 3, 2021
Relocation.. although if I'm being honest, if the team was good and I still felt like I had an attachment to the players, I'd probably continue to pull for them as long as that was the case

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
If/when Atlanta gets a team, I won't be nearly as invested in Colorado. Not particularly hard to have both an east coast and west coast team though, so maybe it doesn't count as quitting.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Ian Cole, Matt Araiza, Patrick Kane,

So yeah some are false, some aren't dude

Should never be too woke(hate this word but this is you)
Sure, some are false. But the ones I mentioned weren't. You should never be too stupid to think wokeism is why someone is in trouble, and wait for the facts. We have the facts on those other situations. And those facts dictate these assholes should have never even gotten the chances they did. Why? Because they're garbage as people.

Harry Zolnierczyk
Nick Cousins
Steve Downie
Casey DeSmith
Tony DeAngelo
Mailloux, Miller, Connelly...

Facts are, they're pieces of shit as people.

Back in the days, I thought I was sure I'd quit if Alfredsson left the team...
Then it was Erik Karlsson...

And after almost two decades, I still haven't been able to quit. The team's been garbage, our ownership and GM were worst in the league (for such a long time, too), but I keep coming back to watch my Sens play. I really hope they play well next year. Go Sens go.
That's tough. Now you have Staios doing idiotic stuff because he's got a job that he'd only get from a close friend owning the team.

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
lets see, I've already watched a 13 year playoff drought, multiple consecutive failed rebuilds, and now 5 core/leaders of the last group win the cup with other teams quickly (Eichel, OReilly, Bogosian, Reinhart, Okposo)

I'm pretty dead inside about the team, but if Dahlin gets moved as a result of this current team failing, I'm not sticking around for the 4th rebuild in a row. I guess my limit is 3 straight.

I also seriously think that if the current group bombs like the last, the Sabres are the next Coyotes. Sales will tank to the point that move talk will start.

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
Melnyk 2.0 would do it for me. Already losing hope we'll be able to salvage the scorched earth rebuild after more than a decade of tire fire incompetence and penny pinching. If the new ownership group continues the tradition of placing the future of the club in the hands of incompetent, inexperienced and unproven people with no track record of success, then I'd probably just end up giving up at that point.

I'll give the new group at the helm another year or two to turn the ship around, if they can't and we're forced into another rebuild, I'll just have to accept defeat, I can't stomach the team becoming the next Buffalo Sabres. I'm already pretty jaded as it is and not expecting anything better than a bottom 10 finish again next season with all the underwhelming moves our GM has pulled off so far. Not a promising start.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Whether it be a player they draft/sign/trade for, a staff member they hire, etc. What's one thing that if your team did, would make you quit on them and never come back?

For me if I find my team protecting confirmed abusers, I would be anti-them asap. Which is honestly why I'm glad the Sens at least cut contact with Formenton well before the investigation for the 2018 Hockey Canada abusers.

The Ottawa Senators protected Randy Lee, assistant GM, before he was found guilty of sexual harassment. The organization even went as far as hiring a lawyer for him and kept him on staff while the allegations took place.

Lee was responsible of the development of young prospects on the Senators.

You may want to change teams right now.

• Haha
Reactions: Frank Drebin

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I’d be done until they were if the Flyers hired any of the recently reinstated executives mentioned upthread, or if they bring back our former goalie without serious heretofore unknown exculpatory evidence. I’d find a new team if the Flyers ever moved. The league would have to shut down before I give up on hockey entirely.

JPT

Jul 4, 2024
If something like the Hawks happened. Employing predators/criminals and actively trying to hide it
This is my answer as well, and I'd really like to know what's so funny about it from the two people who reacted with the laugh emoji.

StammerHammer

Dec 23, 2021
They came real close with the way Stamkos was just treated but recaptured some allegiance with the Hedman extension. Now if Kucherov is shown the door at the end of his contract I’m pretty sure I’m gone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad