Prospect Info: 2024 Boston Bruins Development Camp Media Guide and Roster

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Thoughts after two days...
(If I don't have a comment on the player that means I don't have enough to say at the moment.)
  • Groenewold - Really great pick. Looks as good if not better than any of the seasoned NCAA defensemen in camp which bodes really well for him next year. Skates well, has size, keeps tight gaps, defends hard (although he got burned by Poitras), moves the puck well.

The Groenewold pick is intriguing. Sounds like one of those picks where the team was really high on the player and when he was still there in Round 4 they had a deal in their back-pocket to move a roster player to Minny to move up and grab the guy they wanted who had dropped further than anticipated. He sounds a bit like Ryan Lindgren.

RI.B FAN

Jul 14, 2002
JAMESTOWN RI
Visit site
The Groenewold pick is intriguing. Sounds like one of those picks where the team was really high on the player and when he was still there in Round 4 they had a deal in their back-pocket to move a roster player to Minny to move up and grab the guy they wanted who had dropped further than anticipated. He sounds a bit like Ryan Lindgren.
Great thread to read, appreciate all the insight. My hope is that Fabian can find his way to be a regular and to be productive. This would be the shot in the arm this team needs.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Do you think it is possible that he is ready for 2C? I’d be happy with him at 3C but it would be awesome if he could entrench himself as a 2C.
Why not? I said this in another thread, but Florida's second line was centered by Evan Rodriguez. He had a good playoff but he's hardly what you'd call a top line forward. He's a utility guy like Heinen. If he can get it done with two solid wingers why not Poitras?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I’m on the 2017 Draft Thread flippping out the Bruins took Trent Frederic over Ryan Lindgren - so I’m a Lindgren guy

Skating and size though Groenewold is better - Lindgren is an ultimate competitor- as good as there is

I been to every DC ~ took vacation week to take my kid so Lindgren had to be at a couple but don’t recall him - good news is I’ll go look at 2017 DC and 2018 DC and see what was written.

Quinnipeac will be an interesting follow with he and Pelosi there

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I’m on the 2017 Draft Thread flippping out the Bruins took Trent Frederic over Ryan Lindgren - so I’m a Lindgren guy

Skating and size though Groenewold is better - Lindgren is an ultimate competitor- as good as there is

I been to every DC ~ took vacation week to take my kid so Lindgren had to be at a couple but don’t recall him - good news is I’ll go look at 2017 DC and 2018 DC and see what was written.

Quinnipeac will be an interesting follow with he and Pelosi there

I remember watching Lindgren in the WJC and thinking his skating would hold him back from being an NHL player but I didn't give him credit for how hard he competes.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I remember watching Lindgren in the WJC and thinking his skating would hold him back from being an NHL player but I didn't give him credit for how hard he competes.
Yup thought same / not really big, skating ….meh, not really offensive …..he’s tough but they have Zboril & Lauzon (LD 2015), Vaakanainen (LD 2017), so Lindgren (LD 2016) was odd man out to Rangers in Nash deal

In hindsight - why are you drafting Vaakanainen in 2017 after just taking high picks three LD (and Robert Thomas mocked to you in most drafts)

now we know they should have never traded Lindgren and paired him with McAvoy his US WJ buddy and drafted Thomas

Although if we drafted Thomas we don’t get the Krug hit in the 2019 Cup Finals- or likely Blues either lol

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
(If I don't have a comment on the player that means I don't have enough to say at the moment.)
  • Morello - Very promising. He can fly, he has size, he works hard and competes. Looking forward to watching his development. HANDS AND HEAD NEED TO CATCH UP TO HIS FEET. FLEW AROUND WITH THE PUCK A LOT BUT DIDN’T MAKE PLAYS INTO SEAMS WHEN THEY PRESENTED.
  • Duran - Impressive camp. Plays really tenacious, multiple plays where he drops the shoulder and takes the puck to the net. HE IS GOING TO BE A TOUGH CUT. NHL TYPES GUSH OVER PLAYERS WHO LIKE TO DROP THE SHOULDER AND TAKE THE PUCK TO THE NET.
  • Jellvik - Most dynamic player in camp. Fast and slippery. Looks great. BEST PLAYER IN GAMES/SCRIMMAGE. LED HIS TEAM OFFENSIVELY TO WIN THE 3V3 CUP. SCORED MULTIPLE GOALS AND ASSISTS. SAD TO SEE HIM HELPED OFF IN THE FINAL MINUTE. HOPE IT’S MINOR.
  • Locmelis - A little less flash and a little more grind in his game this year.
  • Walsh - Showed some really good skill and had a gorgeous shootout goal.
  • Harrison - Wiring the puck and picking his spots. He hasn’t stood out yet so I’m hoping his intensity will show in the competitive games.
  • Hendrickson - Improved. LOOKED GOOD TODAY, WAS VERY EFFECTIVE IN THE GAMES.
  • Schmaltz - QUIET CAMP.
  • Nassen - Nice goal in the shootout. ALSO LOOKED GOOD TODAY AND WAS VERY EFFECTIVE IN THE GAMES. BUILT LIKE DURAN, SOLID AND STRONG, GREAT SHOT. PLAYS SIMPLE BUT EFFECTIVE.
  • Poitras - Looks to be about 80%. Still has that paralyzing cutback that completely shakes defenders and is the most creative and crafty player out there, but there’s a bit of rust. Passes going through his stick, things you never saw last season. Looks thicker and stronger. Great attention to detail in all of the drills. Smartest player on the ice and I think he’s going to have a really good season. NO POITRAS TODAY
  • Bancroft
  • Pelosi - Another impressive camp from Pelosi. Super determined, competitive, always around the net, always driving to the net. Whoever he’s with does well even if he doesn’t factor in the goal.
  • Veremyev - Intriguing college FA. Plays a power forward game and has good size and intensity.
  • Gasseau - LOOKED VERY GOOD TODAY, MADE SOME REALLY NICE PLAYS
  • Cheveldayoff - GOOD SHOT.
  • Nelson - DIDN’T FOCUS ON HIM ENOUGH TO COMMENT
  • Spicer - “”
  • Mechura - “”
  • Pederson - BIG, NOT SUPER SKILLED BUT FOUND A WAY TO MAKE SOME PLAYS.
  • Letourneau - WAS A LITTLE QUIET AND BEHIND THE PLAY IN THE 5ON5 BUT HAD SOME GORGEOUS GOALS IN THE 3ON3 AND SHOOTOUT. LOOKS LIKE A GREAT KID, WELL LIKED, ALWAYS SMILING. BE PATIENT AND WE COULD HAVE SOMETHING.

• Brunet - Skilled and quick. Hoping for a productive Providence season from him. LOOKED GOOD IN THE GAMES, SKILLED AND SMART.
  • Gallagher - More noticeable than in the past (for me at least). More physical and showing a bit more offensive touch. MAYBE MOST IMPROVED PLAYER FOR ME. GRANTED I WAS NEVER HIGH ON HIM SO HE WENT FROM MEH TO HAVING A GOOD CAMP. HE WAS PHYSICAL, HE SCORED SOME GOALS OFF NICE SHOTS… MUCH BETTER.
  • Myrenberg - Skilled, big, great skater… He will be an NHL defenseman. HE HAD A GREAT DAY. CONTROLLED THE 5ON5 FOR STRETCHES WHEN HE WAS ON THERE, BREAKING IT OUT, DELAYING, ESCAPING PRESSURE, HEADMANNING, GETTING IT BACK, CREATING OFFENSE OFF THE RUSH. HE LOOKED GREAT
  • Langenbrunner - SOLID, UNSPECTACULAR
  • Mast - “”
  • Mastrodeomenico - DIDN’T WATCH ENOUGH TO FORM AN OPINION
  • Bavaro - Impressed with his skill and impact. Has made several good plays. He looks like another good find. BRUINS HAVE SOMETHING HERE. HE MADE A LOT OF GOOD PLAYS IN ALL SITUATIONS.
  • Edward - Best defenseman at camp. Super competitive, n quarter given, ripped the stick out of Jelvik’s hands in a battle drill after pasting him to the glass repeatedly. Really active stick defensively and consistently gets stick on puck to disrupt offensive players. Scored some nice goals in the games as well. ANOTHER GOOD DAY FOR BILLY FROM STRANGER THINGS. MEAN, ROAMED AND ATTACKED IN THE OFFENSIVE ZONE IN THE 5ON5, SCORED SOME NICE GOALS 3ON3. HE’S A TOP10 PROSPECT FOR ME NOW.
  • Kostadinski - Skating has improved from an F to a D. COLLEGE COACHES THERE TO WATCH HIM TODAY. HOPEFULLY THEY CAME LATE AND MISSED THE SKATING DRILLS.
  • Groenewold - Really great pick. Looks as good if not better than any of the seasoned NCAA defensemen in camp which bodes really well for him next year. Skates well, has size, keeps tight gaps, defends hard (although he got burned by Poitras), moves the puck well. ANOTHER STRONG DAY.

• Moore - Bowling Green is the best goalie in camp IMO.
  • Svedeback - Flashes athleticism but his technique is loose and sloppy while the other guys are sharp and precise. BETTER TODAY, GOOD IN SCRAMBLES AND SUCH
  • Bischel - DIDN’T WATCH ENOUGH.
  • Caron - Made some great saves. Also looks good.

UPDATES IN CAPS.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
  • Morello - Very promising. He can fly, he has size, he works hard and competes. Looking forward to watching his development.
  • Duran - Impressive camp. Plays really tenacious, multiple plays where he drops the shoulder and takes the puck to the net.
  • Jellvik - Most dynamic player in camp. Fast and slippery. Looks great.
  • Locmelis - A little less flash and a little more grind in his game this year.
  • Walsh - Showed some really good skill and had a gorgeous shootout goal.
  • Harrison - Wiring the puck and picking his spots. He hasn’t stood out yet so I’m hoping his intensity will show in the competitive games.
  • Hendrickson - Improved.
  • Schmaltz -
  • Nassen - Nice goal in the shootout.
  • Poitras - Looks to be about 80%. Still has that paralyzing cutback that completely shakes defenders and is the most creative and crafty player out there, but there’s a bit of rust. Passes going through his stick, things you never saw last season. Looks thicker and stronger. Great attention to detail in all of the drills. Smartest player on the ice and I think he’s going to have a really good season.
  • Bancroft
  • Pelosi - Another impressive camp from Pelosi. Super determined, competitive, always around the net, always driving to the net. Whoever he’s with does well even if he doesn’t factor in the goal.
  • Veremyev - Intriguing college FA. Plays a power forward game and has good size and intensity.
  • Gasseau -
  • Cheveldayoff -
  • Nelson -
  • Spicer -
  • Mechura -
  • Pederson -
  • Letourneau - About 5 years away from an NHL job. He is very smooth and skilled but he does not play with pace, he glides when he should continue driving, he makes a move and drifts because he’s used to that being enough but at this camp the guy you just beat stops on a dime and comes back at you hard. So while you’re gliding that guys is closing and about to strip the puck from you. All those continued pace, continued urgency type qualities are things you learn by playing against faster and more intense competition. IMHO he is making a mistake going to BC next year. He should go to the USHL for a season to get his pace and compete level up, then BC for 2 years where he continues to build his pace and intensity, then Providence for a year where he learns to play against men of equal strength, then the NHL. Basically, the Mason Lohrei blueprint. I expect him to score 7 points for BC next year. Doesn’t mean he can’t still be a star, but there are multiple levels of urgency above where he is now.

• Brunet - Skilled and quick. Hoping for a productive Providence season from him.
  • Gallagher - More noticeable than in the past (for me at least). More physical and showing a bit more offensive touch.
  • Myrenberg - Skilled, big, great skater… He will be an NHL defenseman.
  • Langenbrunner -
  • Mast -
  • Mastrodeomenico -
  • Bavaro - Impressed with his skill and impact. Has made several good plays. He looks like another good find.
  • Edward - Best defenseman at camp. Super competitive, n quarter given, ripped the stick out of Jelvik’s hands in a battle drill after pasting him to the glass repeatedly. Really active stick defensively and consistently gets stick on puck to disrupt offensive players. Scored some nice goals in the games as well.
  • Kostadinski - Skating has improved from an F to a D.
  • Groenewold - Really great pick. Looks as good if not better than any of the seasoned NCAA defensemen in camp which bodes really well for him next year. Skates well, has size, keeps tight gaps, defends hard (although he got burned by Poitras), moves the puck well.

• Moore - Bowling Green is the best goalie in camp IMO.
  • Svedeback - Flashes athleticism but his technique is loose and sloppy while the other guys are sharp and precise.
  • Bischel -
  • Caron - Made some great saves. Also looks good.
Thank you for the breakdown. Great work.

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
  • Kostadinski - Skating has improved from an F to a D. COLLEGE COACHES THERE TO WATCH HIM TODAY. HOPEFULLY THEY CAME LATE AND MISSED THE SKATING DRILLS.
He obviously was channeling Shane Belter.

• Haha
Reactions: PlayMakers

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad