Confirmed with Link: Jake Allen (50% retained) traded to the Devils for cond. 2025 3rd (2025 2nd if Allen plays in 40+ games and team qualifies for playoffs next season)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
So last things to figure out:

What's the GP condition.

What year are the projected picks, can't be 2024.
Yes, it makes sense that it would be 2025 or later. NJ must think they'll be better in the standings by then, in addition to Allen having to have next year to meet those GP.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
The retain takes this down from a fleece to just solid but very happy to get some actual value here. Shame we only have 1 slot for next year but you have to assume the value for Allen at full price was non existent.

Monsieur Miz

Nov 3, 2017
Judging by the reaction, you'd think we just acquired McDavid for future considerations.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Can we please stop using all our retention slots (for multiple years) to get mid round picks?
It's not only to use on the picks, it's also to create room for the youth. At least that was definitely the case here with Allen and Edmundson. Petry was a more complicated case because Hughes promised him he'd move him.

Reactions: lamp9post

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
The retain takes this down from a fleece to just solid but very happy to get some actual value here. Shame we only have 1 slot for next year but you have to assume the value for Allen at full price was non existent.
Do we cover half of the salary next year too??

Glad they can move on.............no matter what. I wasn't sure we could get Subway Coupons for Allen.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
How the f*** did Hughes pull this off?
Because analytics has clearly shown Habs G are performing above expectations including Allen - due to sheer number of odd man attacks and Habs being 3rd worst in the league on allowing D zone entries

Coincidentally NJD are a heavy analytics decision making based org…

Reactions: Yep and Habs Icing

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Kent getting a possible 2nd for Allen when fans from other teams said he wasn’t worth anything lmao.

ypgcTwZ.jpg
He got it for retaining almost 2mil next season, that's what made Allen worthless. I feel like this needs repeating.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
yeah, I would have rathered used our retention spot on Armia, Dvo, and Savard.

Dvorak is out for the year and wouldn't have been dealt, and even if they did want to trade Dvorak in the summer, they could without using retention. (I think it's extremely unlikely that the Canadiens will do that, though. I strongly suspect they would much prefer having a veteran centre they can use next season. If they move him, it wouldn't be until next years deadline.

I think there was zero chance they were even entertaining moving Savard, and I think it would have been mistake if they had. With the amount of young blue liners on this roster and in the pipeline, Savard is a much needed veteran role model on the blue line and in the room.

I think it's of more value to the Canadiens to have two goalies on the roster rather trying to move Armia.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad