Confirmed with Link: Jake Allen (50% retained) traded to the Devils for cond. 2025 3rd (2025 2nd if Allen plays in 40+ games and team qualifies for playoffs next season)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Jake did not help with his performances

Good job dumping him without having to give up something

Bourdon101

Jul 21, 2012

So, unlikely to hit barring injuries or a deep playoff run in 2025...

Looks like there wasn't any fish biting on Savard and Hughes decided to kill two birds with one stone with this trade by getting good value for solving the three-goalie problem. I like it.

I'm not convinced this pick will ever be used though. The Habs had too many picks and prospects already. There needs to be some pruning and I think it will either be via one of those high pick for young NHLer trades Hughes has been making, or even trade-ups. Both of those scenarios, however, depend upon the right opportunity arising. The Dach trade was only possible because of specific circumstances that are not likely to repeat themselves.

So now the risk is that there is no opportunity to use those picks as trade assets rather than picks, and the Habs end up in a few years with a glut of middling players that cannot all be signed, wasting some of the value recouped in these deadline moves.

Goalfield13

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021
We don't play jersey at all for the rest of the year. There goes my plans to torpedo Gallagher head first into their starter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad