Confirmed with Link: Jake Allen (50% retained) traded to the Devils for cond. 2025 3rd (2025 2nd if Allen plays in 40+ games and team qualifies for playoffs next season)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Retaining 50%

yeah, I would have rathered used our retention spot on Armia, Dvo, and Savard.

But I wanted to retain our last retention spot for Savard because I thought he would have great return value. But in today's market he probably wouldn't have gotten much more than a 2nd.

We could still trade Savard for a 1st if we find a 3rd party team to give a 4th or a 3rd to to retain on him for two years.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Habs have one retention slot next year. Should be used on one of Savard/Armia/Dvorak.
I feel like Dvo could be flipped in the off-season. I don't see a future for him here despite our obvious lack of depth at C. He's unreliable to be healthy and isn't great when he is. His defensive play has dropped.

Reactions: donghabs98

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Most of the whiners can shut their pie holes now.

Let Hughes do his job. He's great at it too.
Especially if he had no intention of trading Savard or if the ask was a 1st+ which wasn't going to happen. Or Savard could move with a cap dump coming back.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I know we're retain almost 2M for next season but that's pretty good return for the teams backup. Wonder how many games he needs to play.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I'm still a bit peeved about the Petry retention. This one makes sense however. Good deal by Hughes.
I'm quite annoyed at that. The worst part is he kept apologizing to Petry for taking so long to flip him again. There's no reason to be accommodating to that loser who actively hurt the team, wanted out, and pouted all season. If Petry had an issue with coming back to Montreal that's on him and his agent for not including us on his NTC.

Anyways, Allen one definitely makes sense, but it was a terrible contract that Hughes gave in the first place (though not MB level bad).

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I feel like Dvo could be flipped in the off-season. I don't see a future for him here despite our obvious lack of depth at C. He's unreliable to be healthy and isn't great when he is. His defensive play has dropped.
I think for him own good, he could use a fresh start. His game style also doesnt match our playing style (it was always an awkward fit).

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Especially if he had no intention of trading Savard or if the ask was a 1st+ which wasn't going to happen. Or Savard could move with a cap dump coming back.

Savard was always a bit of a long shot because he actually brings something to the team. Allen was clearly a 3rd wheel and had no place in the team anymore.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
A third team could always be used to retain on Savard
I agree that it's a possibility, but has it ever happened?

Have you heard of a 3rd party team that retains at the TDL for the remainder of the current season plus the full following season?

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
I think for him own good, he could use a fresh start. His game style also doesnt match our playing style (it was always an awkward fit).

How do you flip a a guy who is injured though? For future consideration with retention?

By Jake! Happy for Primeau, mostly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad