Player Discussion Jacob Trouba

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I don't think any one of our D played particularly well against Florida. Most of our forwards didn't either. Igor was outstanding and Lafreniere and Trocheck were good and Goodrow was okay and that's about all the accolades I have for any of our players in that series. The Panthers were all over Panarin and kept him quiet but it gave a bit more time and space to his line mates and they did well. Mika's line stunk. Wennberg's line stunk. Basically getting knocked out by Florida was a group effort.

It is easy to pick on one or two guys but the team on the whole wasn't good enough and switching out those one or two is not likely going to change the result if we face Florida again next year. The Rangers do have room for improvement. Hopefully some of that will come from within the organization. We've got enough good prospects and under 25 players that there's no reason it shouldn't. But the Panthers pressured us all over the ice all game long just about every game and almost the entirety of the Rangers players couldn't handle it . The Panthers got to the inside on our goaltender a lot more than we did theirs and a big part of that was they were a more physical team and their physical play was done with purpose.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I don't think any one of our D played particularly well against Florida. Most of our forwards didn't either. Igor was outstanding and Lafreniere and Trocheck were good and Goodrow was okay and that's about all the accolades I have for any of our players in that series. The Panthers were all over Panarin and kept him quiet but it gave a bit more time and space to his line mates and they did well. Mika's line stunk. Wennberg's line stunk. Basically getting knocked out by Florida was a group effort.

It is easy to pick on one or two guys but the team on the whole wasn't good enough and switching out those one or two is not likely going to change the result if we face Florida again next year. The Rangers do have room for improvement. Hopefully some of that will come from within the organization. We've got enough good prospects and under 25 players that there's no reason it shouldn't. But the Panthers pressured us all over the ice all game long just about every game and almost the entirety of the Rangers players couldn't handle it . The Panthers got to the inside on our goaltender a lot more than we did theirs and a big part of that was they were a more physical team and their physical play was done with purpose.
You are right. Our defense looked really bad but I give some blame to our forwards. Our forwards let Fla physically grind our Dmen in to mince meat. I could see that early in the series. I wish our forwards would have shielded our D guys a bit.

Fox and Trouba both looked really bad. Kam and Gus were better but not too much better. Schneider may have been best prepared to deal with Fla.

DevilDog99

May 5, 2018
So many people scapegoating our Captain. I am not saying he played great but for reference this playoffs:

7 pts with a goal - 2nd on the team amongst Dmen. Fox has 8 (all assists) but is on the 1st PP.
+/- Even 0
Blocked shots - by far the most on the team
Hits - By far the most on the team
>21 minutes a game in the toughest situations (last two minutes, PK, etc)
F*&(ing broken ankle - how many coach potatoes in here couldn't make it to their desk jobs when they sprained their ankle. BE HONEST.

By the way, he won the Leadership award (for the entire NHL).

Let's not pretend that HE is the biggest problem. We had literally 0 offense against Florida - dmen were getting pounded bc our Omen couldn't do anything.

In the playoffs you need more of Lindgren and Trouba.

Atax

Apr 7, 2011
So many people scapegoating our Captain. I am not saying he played great but for reference this playoffs:

7 pts with a goal - 2nd on the team amongst Dmen. Fox has 8 (all assists) but is on the 1st PP.
+/- Even 0
F*&(ing broken ankle - how many coach potatoes in here couldn't make it to their desk jobs when they sprained their ankle. BE HONEST.

Let's not pretend that HE is the biggest problem. We had literally 0 offense against Florida - dmen were getting pounded bc our Omen couldn't do anything.

You need more Lindgrens and Troubas? Brother this isnt the 70s.
He was a major reason why we lost dude, lol.

The hand picked award that homer Mark Messier picks?
I dont even know where to start with this.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017

+/- Even 0

Sir/ma'am, this is a Wendy's.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011

+/- Even 0

Judging a player in any way when he was clearly injured is a mistake in my book,

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013

+/- Even 0

Its adorable you left out most penalties taken,and most missed checks that resulted in goals against...like the 1 in o.t while shorthanded which led to the game winner

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Its adorable you left out most penalties taken,and most missed checks that resulted in goals against...like the 1 in o.t while shorthanded which led to the game winner
I think Trouba was better in the Caps series. I thought his play dropped a bunch in the Fla series. It is possible the longer he skated on that ankle the more it effected him. I remember how bad Trouba looked in his first 2 games back. He did not look like that before his injury imo.

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013

+/- Even 0

your crusade for Trouba is so f***ing embarrassing

I think Trouba was better in the Caps series. I thought his play dropped a bunch in the Fla series. It is possible the longer he skated on that ankle the more it effected him. I remember how bad Trouba looked in his first 2 games back. He did not look like that before his injury imo.
or, Washington was barely an NHL team and as soon as he faced NHL competition he struggled?

Reactions: ArPanet and Atax

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
I don't think Trouba is very good but I do think he should be on the second pairing because I think Schneider is much worse.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
your crusade for Trouba is so f***ing embarrassing

or, Washington was barely an NHL team and as soon as he faced NHL competition he struggled?
JT was a team leading plus 4 vs Wash. I guess the other guys were not able to do that against a barely NHL team lol. By the way we split the 4 regular season games vs the barely NHL team.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Utah should be all over Trouba. He has to be a top 10 player out there for that team. No one is running to play in Utah.
Would love to get our 2nd + 3rd rounders from next year back for him. Utah could seriously use a Trouba. Just not sure they care to carry his cap. His hits would be a great draw for new fans. But seriously, their current blue line is two RFAs (Durzi + Moser) and a waiver wire claim (Valimaki) and prospects who don't have clear timelines (Simashev, Lamoureux, Söderström who seems like a forever 7D). They probably shouldn't pin all their hopes signing a better UFA to fill that position like a Skjei, Tanev, Pesce, or Montour.

CTTribe73

Aug 17, 2023
Utah should be all over Trouba. He has to be a top 10 player out there for that team. No one is running to play in Utah.
Utah isn't Vegas and it damn sure ain't Phoenix. I expect a bunch of players have already amended their NTC clauses to include Utah. The Jazz in the NBA are famous for an inability to attract free agents....there's a reason for that.

Reactions: Rongomania

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Utah isn't Vegas and it damn sure ain't Phoenix. I expect a bunch of players have already amended their NTC clauses to include Utah. The Jazz in the NBA are famous for an inability to attract free agents....there's a reason for that.

Drury can negotiate a trade of Trouba and just waive him if he blocks the deal technically. Then Utah (or whoever) can claim Trouba and trade whatever the agreed upon deal was to NYR for "future considerations".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad